Real Player Live Feeds Q & A

anyone else getting REALLY frustrated witht he "feeds"? i keep getting looping, only 1 cam working, stuttering. then i refresh the page and i get yesterdays feeds!

arg!

Terrible feeds tonight.. The looping has been a problem all night. same cameras on the same convo....I can't believe Real charged us for this crap...so so so frustrating.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between having company and trouble with the feeds I haven't been able to update much. It takes forever to load and I can't change views. But I will not give up! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to sort this out. Is there a thread with tips on how to get this new viewer to work best? Firefox versus IE? Firewall settings?

There is no way I'd be able to update this year with the crappy feeds. It's constantly choppy, and the quality is terrible. I tried to use flashback last night and found it unusable if you actually want to find a certain time.

Yeah, yesterday morning, when I used the Flashbacks, I was able to pick an hour and minutes, but had no sound. This morning, I could only pick an hour, but it wouldn't let me slide throughout that hour, so I wasn't able to get to the spot I wanted. Then, the sound went out and I closed the Flashbacks altogether.

I am very disappointed with the feeds this year. Real has gotten in over their head IMO. When you have the four frames on the side showing you what's supposedly on the feed, once you click on that feed you don't get to see what's in the small frame on the right. I'm assuming that's suppose to be the same as the quad feed is but it certainly doesn't work like that.

I hate it when I see a couple of people talking on a feed but when I click on it the stupid thing takes me right back to the feed I was watching in the first place. This thing is totally messed up! furious3.gif

I don't see how the reloader was hurting Real Player. You still had to purchase their feeds in order to use the application so they were still getting their money.

Now I'm stuck with something that doesn't work half the time and makes the whole experience unpleasant. I do know one thing. If they do this again next year I won't be purchasing the feeds. Who needs the hassle!! furious.gif

Has anyone who has Flash on their phone been able to get the feeds working? I logged in, and got the flash player running, but I never saw the video. I have a Nexus One running Froyo and Flash 10.1 beta.

I thought my old PC was the reason my feeds were choppy and that nothing happened when I clicked on one of the other views. I'm so happy to hear everyone else having the same problem! The interesting thing is that even though the video part of it is choppy, the audio isn't. I am totally missing not being able to rewind. I'm missing so much because I can't go back and listen again. They're talking too fast and there are too many of them at this point in the game.

I missed the deadline ordering for the special, so I'm on a month-to-month for $9.99 (without the music downloads) and can cancel any time. If the feeds stay like this, I will consider canceling.

Real Networks has replaced their Real Video feeds with Flash Video streams. They did this in part to go after third party applications like BBReloader and sites like Morty's TV which provided direct feed links which allowed viewers to avoid the Real Superpass environment.

They were clearly not ready for the season to begin but seem to be slowly pulling thing things together. Quad feeds still has no audio, but they are working on it. BB12 Flashback is now functional (and BB11 flashback will return next week). They are also promising a pop-out window with full screen capability. Hopefully this will enable me to throw up 4 feeds in independent browsers.

Fuskie

Who given all that has also been a live feed subscriber and Real Superpass member since BB2 (they were AOL feeds before that) and thinks this environment is an inexplicably big step back...

Thank you for this update - there's hope then. I came here to gripe about the half-screen Full Screen. I'll try to be patient then. Not having Full Screen when it's been part of the package the past decade, was not a good move.

I've watched BB from the beginning but this is the first year that I have subscribed to the live feeds and I'm not too impressed. Is it possible to "rewind" the feeds to see something I missed? If so PLEASE post some instructions.

My Topic Title may not be worded correctly, but I was just wondering. Does watching the feeds take up any more/less memory/bandwidth that listening to an internet radio station, YouTube videos, watching a movie through Netflix, etc?

My Topic Title may not be worded correctly, but I was just wondering. Does watching the feeds take up any more/less memory/bandwidth that listening to an internet radio station, YouTube videos, watching a movie through Netflix, etc?

The feeds in flashplayer this year are taking up ALOT of bandwidth. This is a big problem for people with a limit each month. Superpass said "they are working on it".

Here is what they posted on their facebook page:

Big Brother Live Feeds- We released an updated player this afternoon that features faster feed loads, improved thumbnail previews, and a faster and easier to enter chat. Please check back tomorrow for an update on other key improvements coming soon: full screen player, sound in Quad cam, overall performance improvements.

This is only the second year I've had the live feeds. Last year I don't recall Big Brother only filming 1 room/scene at a time. They would have 2 scenes going at once, so that you could toggle between them. This year, they are only showing 1 scene at a time. It's frustrating, because when the house guests begin to talk about something that is a no no, or are just plain boring, you are stuck watching waiting for the Bubbles of the House to stop, or are forced to watch incredibly boring people sit around and fart (which seems to be a prevalent form of amusement for the house guests this year).

Am I wrong in saying this? If not, is this a Real Player thing, or is it Big Brother? If it's Big Brother, do they just not have the money this year to pay for multiple cameras going at once? What gives? Seriously, I'm paying $10/month for this crap, and actually, never stopped my subscription all year so that I'd be sure not to miss a thing when Big Brother started this year. I think they should give us at least 1 month credit!

Between having company and trouble with the feeds I haven't been able to update much. It takes forever to load and I can't change views. But I will not give up! Tomorrow afternoon I'll be able to sort this out. Is there a thread with tips on how to get this new viewer to work best? Firefox versus IE? Firewall settings?

Looking forward to your updates again. I'm using Firefox without much trouble.

I need all the help I can get this season, so, if any of you have considered posting in the update forum, I'd really appreciate it.

I was looking forward to the "Live Chat with Jordan" on Super Pass today - - I even hustled to get home in time to watch it. So, what did I get? - - a great video but no audio. Switched over to the "live feeds" only to get stuck in a loop.

Any attorneys out there who feel like filing a class action suit on behalf of us disgruntled subscribers?

For those of you who are having problems with the feeds using up your bandwidth, here are the links to the programs that will work. I did this yesterday. Before I did it I used 5 GB in about 6 hours. Just check this morning and I only used 2 yesterday and had the feeds on for 8 hours. I also had 4 windows open at one time so I could see all 4 cameras.

http://download.cnet.com/FLV-Player/3000-13632_4-10467081.html

http://www.bbviewer.com/bb12flvlauncher.html

http://www.seriousbit.com/netbalancer/ get the free version, used for limiting bandwidth, run this program, start the flv player with the BBflv launcher find flv player in the list, right click and set download limit to like 130kbs

Anyone know why the guy who wrote the program decided to stop offering it? His site does not offer any explanation nor contact info.

The new browser version of the live feeds sucks big green donkey d****. I suppose it is better than not having feeds, but man who's ever responsible for developing the front UI should be fired, then hired again just so they can fired him\her again. Firing that person once is not punishment enough.

Anyone know why the guy who wrote the program decided to stop offering it? His site does not offer any explanation nor contact info.

The new browser version of the live feeds sucks big green donkey d****. I suppose it is better than not having feeds, but man who's ever responsible for developing the front UI should be fired, then hired again just so they can fired him\her again. Firing that person once is not punishment enough.

A couple reasons. The biggest was he heard about Real Network's changing the feeds and didn't have time to redesign the BBReloader from scratch. When he first started out, he was a poor college student hoping to earn a little money. Now his career is taking of and his free time is limited. Plus he is getting married soon which has him a bit preoccupied. Life is good for him but sadly that leaves us without.

Fuskie

Who hopes life is good for you though...

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name