Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor: Nicaragua

Survivor: Nicaragua will be on Wednesdays at 8/7c on CBS

Okey, dokey. Thanks for the heads-up, Dade. I'll probably be ready for some more Survivor by then. Something to look forward to.

It is on CBS, don't know about the night... I'm sure that Dade meant CBS ;)

CBS confirms 'Survivor 21' to be in Nicaragua, be 'Survivor: Nicaragua'

By Christopher Rocchio, 05/17/2010

CBS has formally confirmed that this fall's Survivor installment will film in the Central American country of Nicaragua and announced that Survivor: Nicaragua will be the official title of the 21st edition of the long-running reality series.

The network made the announcement at the conclusion of Sunday night's live Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains reunion show, with host Jeff Probst presenting a preview that confirmed Nicaraguan Tourism Minister Mario Salinas' March claim that the country was close to finalizing a deal that would have it serve as the setting for the 21st season of the reality series.

"For the past decade, Survivor has taken you to the furthest corners of the planet and subjected over 300 contestants to the harshest environments under the most exhausting conditions. Join us now as we enter a new decade of Survivor," said Probst during the preview.

RELATED LINKS

Reality TV World: Survivor: Nicaragua

More Survivor: Nicaragua News

"This is Nicaragua. It is a land of impenetrable terrain, smoldering volcanoes and savage wildlife. Christopher Columbus discovered its shores over 500 years ago and for centuries Spanish conquistadors set out to tame this exotic land only to be stopped at every turn by the expansive rain forest of this Central American landmark."

In addition, Probst teased the new castaways will face "exciting and innovative challenges" and "something that may surprise them all."

CBS renewed Survivor for two additional installments -- representing its 21st and 22nd seasons -- in January.

Similar to Survivor's last two seasons -- both of which filmed in Samoa -- the 21st and 22nd editions will also film back-to-back this summer on Nicaragua's southern pacific coast, according to the country's PRONicaragua investment promotion agency.

Survivor: Nicaragua will represent the first installment of the reality competition to film in Central America since Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island in 2005.

I had heard a rumor that CBS was moving Big Bang Theory to Thursdays at 8, but I figured it was untrue... now I don`t know

Wow this could be a risky move

WEDNESDAY

8 p.m. Survivor: Nicaragua

9:00 Criminal Minds

10:00 The Defenders *

THURSDAY

8 p.m. The Big Bang Theory

8:30 $#*! My Dad Says *

9:00 CSI

10:00 The Mentalist

Ew.com

It usually means the ax for the shows that have been moved...

I know... doesn`t bode well for CSI New York or Miami as they have been moved as well....... new york to friday and miami to sunday... ouch

WTF CBS??? If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!!!!

Here is the new CBS lineup, lots of changes:

MONDAY

8 p.m . How I Met Your Mother

8:30 Rules of Engagement

9:00 Two and a Half Men

9:30 Mike and Molly *

10:00 Hawaii Five-0 *

TUESDAY

8 p.m. NCIS

9:00 NCIS LA

10:00 The Good Wife

WEDNESDAY

8 p.m. Survivor: Nicaragua

9:00 Criminal Minds

10:00 The Defenders *

THURSDAY

8 p.m. The Big Bang Theory

8:30 $#*! My Dad Says *

9:00 CSI

10:00 The Mentalist

FRIDAY

8 p.m. Medium

9:00 CSI: NY

10:00 Blue Bloods *

SATURDAY

8 p.m. Crimetime Saturday

9:00 Crimetime Saturday

10:00 48 Hours

SUNDAY

7 p.m 60 Minutes.

8:00 The Amazing Race

9:00 Undercover Boss

10:00 CSI: Miami

10 years and 20 seasons in the same time slot, and they decide to jack it up now -- somebody needs to be fired.

didn't it start on wednesdays?

plus, criminal minds is pretty popular/solid, maybe they're looking at locking up wednesday nights?

It might not be so bad on Wednesday nights. We the diehard Survivor fans will watch no matter what night it comes on and no matter where we are. I once interrupted my cruise and got out of the buffet line to head back to the cabin to watch Survivor. LOL! There is definitely no DVRing of Survivor! LOL

When it does finally go off the air, I will probably have Survivor in my back yard and film it with a camcorder like they did with Blair Witch! I don't have a river but I think a blow up pool would work just fine for the water challenges! LOL

I don't care what night it is on. Breaking with tradition is tough for some and I sympathize but evenmore, it makes me curious why they did it. Were the numbers great this season (or not)? I remember the very first show. Twenty shows is a lot. I hope they bring some new and interesting people on next time. I am only done with Survivor if they drag out people for a 3rd and 4th time again. Enough of that for me. Time for some new heroes and villains to ponder.

I'm ok with the Wednesday night thing..... 8 on Wednesday was a deadzone for me anyway. I was just completely shocked that they would move things around...

For those who were curious, I just looked it up, and the first season of Survivor was the only one to be shown on Wednesdays. It's been on Thursdays ever since.

And I read a few articles yesterday about the CBS fall lineup, so I can't remember which one said it, but the reason given for the decision to move to Wednesdays had more to do with building on the strength of Survivor as a lead-in to other shows than anything else. CBS thinks that Thursdays will stay strong on the strength of their sit-com lineup.

Make no mistake, I'll watch Survivor no matter what night they put it on - I just hope they don't kill it by moving it.

What will I do if there's another cycle of America's Next Top Model running at the same time? I liked how my Wednesday & Thursday nights fell into line.

huh thought it was thursdays on cbs?

Hey I wrote it fast. I had been working on the Mortys calender and then found the article. (after doing 20 or so shows on the calendar the networks all run together.)

Thank you to the great mod that fixed it for me

It might not be so bad on Wednesday nights. We the diehard Survivor fans will watch no matter what night it comes on and no matter where we are. I once interrupted my cruise and got out of the buffet line to head back to the cabin to watch Survivor. LOL! There is definitely no DVRing of Survivor! LOL

When it does finally go off the air, I will probably have Survivor in my back yard and film it with a camcorder like they did with Blair Witch! I don't have a river but I think a blow up pool would work just fine for the water challenges! LOL

They already did Blair Witch on Survivor one and Kelly won immunity.

According to FOX news former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson will be a contestant on Survivor, Nicaragua.

He was considered for last years Survivor Gabon but did not pass the phyiscal.

The instant the rest of the constants see him he is DOOMED. :footballhelmet:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA????? Steve, do you need to put down the crack pipe? :footballhelmet:

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA????? Steve, do you need to put down the crack pipe? :footballhelmet:

The crack pipe would be more enjoyable than watching Jimmy. Hope somebody told him there's no hair spray out there. Here's the article.

If you thought coaching an often-hated college football powerhouse and then working for "America's Team" was a challenge, Jimmy Johnson has gone one better.

New and Improved

New: Draft Rooms

New: Mock Drafts

100% FREE

Create or Join a League Today!

Johnson, 67, the former coach at the University of Miami and the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, is a contestant on the CBS reality show "Survivor: Nicaragua" this fall, a source close to Johnson told the Dallas Morning News.

The new season of the series began taping in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, at the end of June, which leaves Johnson time to return for his duties as an NFL on FOX analyst.

"Survivor" places contestants into the wilderness with minimal food and supplies in pursuit of a $1 million prize for the winner. Contestants face physical and mental challenges and are voted out by their "tribe" members.

Johnson reportedly was considered for "Survivor: Gabon" in 2008 but failed a physical.

"Survivor: Nicaragua" will be broadcast beginning in September; the cast usually is not revealed until a few weeks before the first episode.

Steve is not on crack (but maybe the Survivor Producers are) I just saw the announcement too. Is it possible they are doing a "celebrity survivor?" How the heck is Jimmy Johnson gonna blend in? The only way he lasts beyond first episode is if they don't recognize him and it aint gonna happen.

Steve is not on crack (but maybe the Survivor Producers are) I just saw the announcement too. Is it possible they are doing a "celebrity survivor?" How the heck is Jimmy Johnson gonna blend in? The only way he lasts beyond first episode is if they don't recognize him and it aint gonna happen.

Well then, Jimmy needs to put down the crack pipe. WTF?????

Sign in to follow this