Big Brother in the Media

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBS teases a "bigger" Big Brother

During the finale for its best reality series, Survivor, CBS ran a brief preview for its shittiest, most time-consuming, and most inexplicably addictive reality series, Big Brother.

The 12th season will debut July 8, exactly one year to the Thursday that it debuted last year. The only other information was a tease:

Big Brother 12 starts in less than 50 days

BBBlogger here! Thinking that it is almost time to start rocking the blog once again. Time to start dusting off the cobwebs and get some blogging done around here!

However, before I can being my onslot of blogging

Latest on Big Brother 12 Casting and Scam

CBS announced via their "Big Brother 12" casting Twitter account that finalists for the new season have been notified.

"All finalist calls have been made," Began the internet statement, "Thanks to all who came out to our casting calls and submitted home tapes for

Big Brother 12 to Premier July 8th on CBS, Considered a Family Show?

It's mine and my families only Television guilty pleasure. No matter what we are doing, or where we are we all come together and sit down to watch this addicting drama filled reality based show. CBS has finally announced a true start date for Big Brother 12. On Thursday July 8th 2010 the premier will begin. As a mom of impressionable teens, for the most part I put my foot down on most of the TV viewing of the reality shows. I can not for the life of me not watch Big Brother.

I'm sad to say we are all hooked. We've turned Big Brother into a sort of ritual. We sit down together as a family and we have a late dinner in front of the TV. Mind you we are not a bunch of couch potatoes by the norm. Rarely can a television show hold our interest for more than 15 minutes before we are itching for something productive and usually educational to do. I'm not exactly certain what it is that catches our interest and I don't really want to over analyze it. Even though it's a silly reality show that sits us still for an hour, we are together, we are sharing a common interest, and we even hold a discussion afterward. What TV show is it that you and your family hold as your guilty pleasure? Below is the first commercial to air for Big Brother 12 on CBS for the summer of 2010. Enjoy.

Source: Moms Gather

CBS Sets Premiere Date for 'Big Brother' Season 12

It's summer once again and that means its time for one of the most anticipated reality TV guilty pleasures, Big Brother. The CBS series is returning for its 12th edition on Thursday, July 8 and will likely continue with its traditional programming slate--airing on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights, with Thursdays being the live eviction show.

What Would It Take to Be on Big Brother 12?

Though casting calls for the new season of Big Brother have already ended in April, the show has yet to announce its official cast. Meanwhile, you can check out the latest Big Brother promo, which aired during the season finale of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains.

Source: BuddyTV

BB12 To Air On Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday Schedule?

The acclaimed Futon Critic ( who has been right about a tonne of Big Bro leaks) has posted on their twitter account that sources have said BB 12 will air on Sunday

Big Brother 2010 Season Premiere Date Revealed

Big Brother 12 Almost Here

The Big Brother 2010 season premiere will mark the 12th season of Big Brother on CBS. Big Brother 12's season premiere will air on July 8, and will begin another summer run for the $500,000 cash prize. Big Brother will be the CBS answer to many of the other reality shows hitting television this summer, and they are expected to air the typical three episodes per week again for the new season. The debut date for Big Brother 2010 is a Thursday, so it is also expected that CBS will stick with their Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday weekly schedule. After 11 seasons on the air, will viewers come back to Big Brother in a supporting fashion once again?

Big Brother is a reality competition show that has been on CBS for 11 years now, and is a mix between The Real World and Survivor. A certain number of participants (it has varied) are placed into a Los Angeles house where they compete in challenges for the chance to stay in the house.

Each week one person is voted out (evicted) of the house, leaving the remaining contestants one step close to winning the cash prize at the end. When they are down to just two contestants remaining in the house, a jury made up of evicted houseguests then votes on who should win that season. The twist to it all, is that the houseguests are never allowed to leave the property, and must live all those months in very cramped quarters.

The winner of Big Brother 11 last summer was Jordan Lloyd and unlikely victor for the season who then went on to participate in The Amazing Race this past season. For winning the show, she took home the prize of $500,000 and the title of Big Brother 11 winner.

Source: Associated Content

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Big Brother' gets a new night, 'Flashpoint' returns on CBS

By Rick Porter

May 25, 2010 5:06 PM ET

"Big Brother" will be relocating, at least for one night a week, when it returns for its 12th edition in the summer.

CBS has announced premiere dates for several summer shows, including the return of "Flashpoint" to Friday nights and another Canadian import, "The Bridge," which will air on Saturday starting in July. The network is also burning off the remaining episodes of "Three Rivers" in June -- which, combined with The CW's airing of "Moonlight," will make for an Alex O'Loughlin-filled summer.

"Big Brother" is set to premiere Thursday, July 8. Instead of its usual Tuesday-Thursday-Sunday schedule, the show will air on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Live evictions will still take place in the Thursday episodes. Sunday episodes start July 11 and Wednesday episodes July 14.

"Flashpoint" will begin its third season on CBS at 9 p.m ET Friday, June 4 (Season 3 aired in Canada last fall). It moves back to 10 p.m. starting July 16.

"The Bridge," which stars Aaron Douglas ("Battlestar Galactica") as a veteran cop who becomes head of his city's police union, premieres at 8 p.m. Saturday, July 10. CBS picked up the show, which it co-produces with Canada's CTV, at the 2009 upfronts but never found a spot for it on the schedule during the regular season. The spot it has now -- on the least-watched night of the week during the least-watched time of the year -- doesn't augur well for its prospects beyond this summer (although it performed reasonably well in Canada in the spring).

As for "Three Rivers," the medical drama starring O'Loughlin -- who's since moved on to CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" remake -- will air its final four episodes on consecutive Saturdays starting June 5.

CBS announces twelfth season of 'Big Brother' will premiere on July 8

CBS has announced Big Brother's twelfth season will premiere Thursday, July 8 at 8PM ET/PT.

Julie Chen will return as host.

Following its debut, Big Brother will move into its thrice-weekly broadcast schedule -- with Sunday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning July 11 and Wednesday night episodes airing at 8PM ET/PT beginning July 14.

The schedule is a change from last year's Big Brother edition, which had featured each week's penultimate episode airing on Tuesday nights.

Similar to previous Big Brother seasons, the Thursday episodes will serve as the twelfth season's live eviction show beginning with the July 15 broadcast.

Big Brother's eleventh season aired last summer and averaged 7.08 million total viewers, a 2.5/08 rating/share in the Adults 18-49 demographic and a 2.0/07 rating/share among Adults 18-34 -- all of which represented an increase over its Summer 2008 tenth season.

Big Brother is executive produced by Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan in association with the show's Endemol USA production company.

Source: Reality TV World

Big Brother to return in July on CBS

The US version of Big Brother will return for a 12th season on CBS this July.

The show, which has yet to be cast, is to air on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Previous seasons were broadcast on Tuesdays as well, but network execs reportedly didn't want to make changes to the night's current popular lineup.

Julie Chen will return as host of the series while Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan serve as executive producers.

Big Brother 12 will premiere on Thursday, July 8.

Source: Digital Spy

CBS

'Flashpoint,' 'Three Rivers,' 'Big Brother' dates

CBS announced some summer premiere dates including the long-awaited return of "Flashpoint" and some burn-off slots for "Three Rivers" (prep those "Hawaii Five-O" trailers!). Here's the lineup:

"Flashpoint" will return on Fridays starting June 4, with its premiere airing at 9 p.m. before shifting to a 10 p.m. slot.

"Big Brother" returns on Thursday, July 8, and will air three times per week -- Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8 p.m.

The remaining episodes of "Three Rivers" will air on Saturdays beginning June 5 at 8 p.m. The slot will be taken over by international co-production police drama "The Bridge" beginning July 10.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

'Big Brother' Returns July 8th on CBS!

'Big Brother' returns July 8th! CBS has finally made an announcement regarding their popular summer reality series "Big Brother." The 12th edition will premiere Thursday, July 8. As they did last year, the network will air the reality show three nights a week including Wednesdays (8-9 p.m. ET/PT), Thursdays (eviction show from 8-9 p.m.) and Sundays (8-9 p.m). Also, remember to subscribe to Showime which runs "Big Brother After Dark" almost every day of the week for those of you who just can't get enough "Big Brother."

The network will announce the new cast at a later date. Last year

Big Brother 12 Schedule Released for Summer

CBS has released the Big Brother 12 summer schedule. The Big Brother 12 schedule will have episode airing in a slightly different fashion than in the past. For the summer 2010 schedule, Big Brother will air on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights. The big alteration is the move from Tuesdays to Wednesdays, which seems like a bit of an odd choice for a show that likes to sell itself as being live most of the time. It will definitely be interesting to see how CBS tries to play out the episodes when the season finally gets started too.

The Big Brother 12 season premiere is set for Thursday, July 8th, 2010. This will be the first revelation of the new season to the world of reality television. There was a rumor yesterday that CBS has already named the new cast for the 12th season, but no announcement has been made as to when they will reveal the Big Brother 12 cast to the rest of the world. Hopefully it turns out to be an interesting bunch of new houseguests that will provide a lot of excitement for the new season. We can probably safely expect some dramatic personalities to be certain.

The Big Brother reality competition show involves putting a group of contestants into a house where they compete in weekly challenges. Each week at least one of the houseguests gets voted out by the other contestants, and that continues until there are only two people left in the house. Then a jury of evicted houseguests votes on which one of them should win the cash prize for that season. The winner of Big Brother 12 will take home a prize of $500,000.

If Big Brother 12 works in a similar fashion to prior seasons, the Thursday night episodes will serve as the eviction ceremony night where the next person is sent home each week. That means that the Sunday episode will be the nomination ceremony where two at-risk houseguests are put up on the "block", and that the Wednesday episodes will involve the Power of Veto competitions and ceremony for each week. We are just about a month away from the start of the 2010 version of Big Brother, and it's sure to be another exciting year.

James Rhine Talks Big Brother

Each year at this time, as part of the build up to the coming season of Big Brother we always try to get interviews with note worthy Big Brother alumni to help us focus on what is ahead. James Rhine joins us this week for an interview, and has some very interesting things to say.

James Rhine indeed is one of the most special Big Brother alumni. James never applied for Big Brother, it so happened that he was so popular on MySpace that the casting people went after him to be a house guest for Big Brother 6. Up to that point James had never watched an episode of Big Brother. James found himself locked in the Big Brother house with a partner, his girlfriend at the time, Sarah. James did very well for Big Brother and got known for being the "King of Veto" with his uncanny ability to escape eviction I believe a remarkable 5 times.

James became so popular with the fans during his stint on Big Brother 6 the fans voted James into the Big Brother 7 All Star House. Since Big Brother 7 James' popularity has remained high and continues to blossom as he maintains one of the largest friends list on Facebook with a very loyal band of followers. James can be found at his favorite place on the Internet, <a href="http://www.facebook.com/jamesrhine" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/jamesrhine</a> this interview James mentions some key things that in some ways are surprising, and I was going to mention them here but that would make listening to the interview pointless. So as to not take away from the suspense of the interview I will just hush up and let you listen for the golden nuggets of information.

James Rhines' Talks Big Brother 12

Click the source for the interview

Source: TVgrapevine

I can't hear the James interview and I have my volume turned all the way up. Is it just me or are other people having trouble hearing it? It's to low to even make out what they are saying for me.

It's pretty quiet to begin with. I've had to use headphones to hear it. The sound is like a crackly radio.

Big Brother 12 Blog...because you're addicted.

Big Brother 12: Weds/Thurs/Sunday Air Dates

On May 27th, 2010, CBS announced, via their press release website, that Big Brother 12 will air every Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday. This is just a tad different from last year's BB (we had tuesday episodes, instead of Wednesday..which I preferred because it spaced out the week of BB episodes perfectly.) Oh well...as long as I get my Big Brother this summer, I don't care! :D

OKay, so here's a snippet of the press release of the new lineup:

THE SUMMER REALITY HIT "BIG BROTHER" PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 8, 8:00-9:00 PM

"Big Brother" to Be Broadcast Three Times a Week

TV Guide Grodner quote about BB12

"When a new brood of boarders moves in for the show's 12th season expect amped-up challenges, says exec producer Allison Grodner, "We've got a lot of twists and turns planned."

Source: Big Brother Nut

Casey Turner Dishes Big Brother

Joining us today is Casey Turner of Big Brother 11 to dish Big Brother 12. Casey was immortalized when he choose the number six in a competition. That number 6 put Casey in a "Banana Suit" which instantly endeared Casey to fans because of the wonderful way he handled it.

A fifth grade teacher by day and DJ by night, Casey will rap for anyone on request. Funny, outgoing and intelligent, this teacher is most proud of having a career where he has taught at schools located in low-income areas for more than 16 years. He takes great joy in knowing that he has the opportunity to work with good kids who are not growing up in ideal situations.

Interviewing Casey Turner was a lot of fun, it was like talking to an old friend you were really glad to hear from.

Casey is married with two children, the youngest of which is now two years old.

Casey talks about his experience during Big Brother, and covers areas such as attitude, strategy, the other players, his favorites and who he doesn't really cares if he never sees again.

Casey had some interesting advise for the soon to be Big Brother house guests and also some interesting tips for fans when watching Big Brother.

We have to profusely thank Casey for taking time out of his very busy schedule. Thank You Casey!!

For listening pleasure, the Casey Turner interview

Click Source for interview.

Source: TVGrapevine

Big Brother 12 - S.12 Ep.1 - Countdown Part 1

Hello people of the internet world and welcome to my 1st edition blog for Big Brother 12! I have been watching Big Brother since Season 1 and even as bad as the first season was, I stuck with it and got rewarded with an amazing Season 2. The show has had some up and down seasons but for the most part, it's been fantastic. CBS has really done a smart thing by giving viewers something to watch for 3 nights a week all summer long.

My only complaint is that it begins a bit too late in the summer, July 8th and will run towards the end of September. In my opinion, the show should start towards the beginning-middle of June and finish up towards the end of August. In the end, it doesn't matter because by the end of August, I'm completely hooked. I also enjoy watching the Showtime After Dark episodes to get a "sneak peak" into the house every night. We should be getting the new listing of houseguests soon and once that happens, I'll be talking about each houseguest, give a bit of their background and before the first episode, I'll be putting up a contest to guess who will win Big Brother 12.

To go along with this blog, I would like to invite all of you to come and listen to my internet radio show called "The Animal House" - LIVE Monday Nights at 8pm ET 5pm PT - http://www.animalhouse100.com/ . Each week throughout the summer, I'll be giving a little bit of a spoiler for the upcoming episodes or a give away for you guys specifically who read this blog. Don't worry, I'll figure out how to tie it all together. The show itself is a talk, comedy radio program much like Howard Stern so don't expect a full show of Big Brother but a weekly segment will become a mainstay. Once Big Brother is finished, I plan on continuing on with Survivor and possibly one other show but not sure about that just yet.

Again, I'd like to welcome you all to this crazy world that I will create for you, whether it be interacting with you through this blog and the great people at Spoiler TV or on my radio show every Monday night. For now, let the countdown begin!!

Source: SpoilerTV

Will Big Brother 12 Be the Last Season for CBS?

Big Brother fans who want to keep the series alive better make sure they tune in regularly this season. Rumors have allegedly been circulating that Big Brother 12 could be the last season of the show for CBS unless they have a really good reason to renew the show again.

CBS has not officially said anything about Big Brother being shut down after this season, but rumor has it the network may be considering cancelling the show. The UK version of Big Brother will end this summer, so it isn

Big Brother After Dark Returns for Season 12 of Big Brother on Showtime 2

Big Brother After Dark is returning to Showtime for Big Brother's 12th season. The 12th season of Big Brother will begin on July 8th, 2010, and will also begin the run of Big Brother After Dark on Showtime 2 that evening. Big Brother After Dark will return to its midnight showings, running until 3 a.m. nightly, and giving fans of the CBS show another glimpse into the lives of those contestants on Big Brother 12. For those on the West Coast that also have Showtime East, they will be able to view Big Brother After Dark at 9 p.m. if they so choose. One more added benefit, is that Showtime will have the Big Brother After Dark coverage in their On Demand feature through the summer as well.

Big Brother 12 will of course mark the 12th season that the show has been on television, and CBS is hoping that the ratings can continue to stay as strong as they did last summer for the reality competition show. The way that Big Brother works, is that a group of people are placed in a house for the entire summer, where they compete to be the last contestant left in the house.

The winner of the season gets a $500,000 cash prize in the season finale, but it's a long road through season competitions, weekly eviction ceremonies where someone gets voted out of the house, and of course the drama that surrounds placing so many people in one house with no exit allowed. This season should be no exception, and if the drama even approaches what Big Brother 11 dealt with, fans are going to fall in love with this show all over again in 2010.

Big Brother 12 is going to shake things up a bit for this series, as they are switching their weekly air dates to a Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday schedule, moving their Tuesday episode over to Wednesday. Thursday will still serve as eviction night on the show, and a Thursday will mark the season premiere as well when the show is back on July 8th. There hasn't been a cast list released yet, and CBS has tied a lot of secrecy around how this season is going to progress.

'Big Brother 12': 'After Dark' segments will remain on Sho 2

Do you like watching "Big Brother" with extra swear words and fewer challenges? If so, this story is for you. According to a new report from Entertainment Weekly, Showtime 2 has decided to air "Big Brother: After Dark" at midnight starting July 8 and continuing on every night until the end of the show. This is the fifth straight season that Showtime has afforded people this luxury.

In addition to these specials, of course, "Big Brother 12" will also have a live feed that you can pay for in order to watch the houseguests at any time. The live feed is always fun for some chaotic moments -- granted, people also sleep a good portion of the day.

Are you excited for the official premiere of "Big Brother 12"? As with seasons past, stay tuned throughout the year for continuous live feed updates, episode recaps, and so much more.

Source: Examiner

Big Brother 12: Allison Grodner Interviewed

Today we had the extreme pleasure of interviewing Allison Grodner, the executive producer of Big Brother. Allison took time out of her very busy schedule to help get us fans up to speed on the coming season of Big Brother 12.

Allison Big Brother 12

Some of the highlights of the interview are:

1) The number of house guests is likely to stay in the same range as previous years, some where around 12 to 14.

2) This year it will be more difficult than ever before. Allison commented that in order to keep the game interesting for the fans and challenging for the house guests, things will not be quite the same as previous years. Expect the unexpected, things will be less predictable.

3) The theme of the show this year will be a "Beach Theme" keeping with the idea of summer camp.

4) Allison also took the time to debunk the latest rumor that next season of Big Brother will be the last. Allison is looking for the same kind of success the show experienced last season to have it renewed again after this season and looks forward to a rosy future for Big Brother.

5) Allison truly embraces the fans. She confided that yes she does surf the different web sites to verify things and stay in contact with fan opinion.

6) One of the most interesting nuggets to come out of the interview is this season a number of house guests will have different backgrounds and personalities than we have ever seen before.

All in all I believe Allison gave us all she could in respect to information for the coming season. For the avid Big Brother fan there should be enough to keep your mind whirling all the way to Big Brother 12.

Big Brother 12 premieres on Thursday, July 8 at 8PM ET

Click the source for the interview.

Source: TVGrapevine

Archived