Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Project Runway

Bravo Heads Back to the 'Runway'

heidiklum_projectrunway_240_002.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - With an audience of just over 2 million viewers, the Wednesday, Feb. 23 first season finale of "Project Runway" stands as Bravo's most watched program of the year. It's little wonder, then, that the cable network is eager to go back down the catwalk with the Heidi Klum-hosted series.

Bravo and Miramax Television are set to begin production on a second season of "Project Runway," an impressive fact given that the show premiered back in December to only 354,000 viewers. Klum will return as host and executive producer on the series, which gives aspiring designers the chance to break into the world of high fashion.

"'Project Runway' is in the cross hairs of Bravo's programming mandate--to give viewers a unique, behind the scenes perspective into the creative process of an integral part of pop culture," says Bravo President Lauren Zalaznick. "Miramax is the absolute best television partner on this series that we could hope to have for this second season, and many more to come."

In addition to Klum and her managers Desiree Gruber and Jane Cha, "Project Runway" is executive produced by Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves, with Jennifer Berman and Barbara Schneeweiss overseeing things for Miramax. "It's been great discovering new talent and giving viewers the chance to have an inside look into the exciting world of fashion," says Miramax Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein. "We're looking forward to another successful season of 'Project Runway' with Bravo and Heidi Klum."

i really enjoyed this show

i really loved the music they used too during the final runway show!

Excellent! Any date info?

I thought the show was great and spent some time at the web site, too, rating the fashions the next day. Reading Tim's take was interesting too. His opinions were usually right on the money.

I would like the site better if you could look at the fashions 3-dimensionally and if it had more face makeup looks (or whatever) in the fashion 101 portion of the site. Otherwise, the recaps are awesome if you miss the show for some reason. I don't know how you could, since Bravo plays it 4 to 5 times a week. Even I don't have a problem with that! :wink:

Project Runway Season 2 Casting

Designers...do you have what it takes to make the cut

on the next season of Project Runway?

In the first season of Project Runway, twelve up-and-coming designers put their talents and tenacity to the test in pursuit of the chance of a lifetime. Think you've got what it takes to do the same?

Grab your portfolios and get ready to prove it as former cast members, Project Runway producers and Parsons dean Tim Gunn head across the country to judge the next crop of fashion hopefuls.

Open casting calls will be held from 8am to 6pm in:

LOS ANGELES, CA

Yay!! I am so excited! I loved the first season. I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks salter-path, once again for your usual scoop!!

:D:D:D

Guest amberBee

This was a great show! I would loooove to do it.

I missed the season finale cause I was on vacation and didn't have the station :(. How great was the final runway?

I also loved this show. I would also loved to be on it, I mean I have sewn a curtain how hard can a dress be?? :lol:

The final was great. Jay was truely talented and fun

TV Guide

Back on the 'Runway'

by Bruce Fretts

pic_designers_comp_daniel.jpg

Daniel Franco

As Heidi Klum says on 'Project Runway,' "Either you're in or you're out." But it's not that simple in the case of Daniel Franco. The aspiring fashion designer with the 'Flock of Seagulls' haircut was the first contestant kicked off the Bravo reality show last year. But when the Emmy-nominated sleeper returns for a second season on December 7, Franco will be back in style, competing again for the chance to create his own clothing line.

"The judges had no idea I was going to be there," Franco says of his second audition. "I walked in the room like everybody else. I stood in line and came in with my shades and my samples." After 'Runway' guru Tim Gunn invited Franco back on the show, "it felt like a bit of a redemption," he says. "I thought, 'Yeah!' Then I said, 'Aw, sh_ _, not again!"

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

STORK REPORT: Supermodel-turned-Project Runway host Heidi Klum gave birth to a baby boy, Henry, late Monday in Los Angeles. This is Klum's first child with pop star-hubby Seal, whom she married in May. She also has a 1-year-old daughter, Leni, with her ex, Flavio Briatore.

New show starts Dec. 7, 2005

Here's part of an article dated Oct. 4th

Sixteen Designers Announced For Project Runway 2

"On Wednesday, December 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, Bravo will launch the second season of the Emmy-nominated, premier reality series focusing on fashion designers, "Project Runway." The premiere episode of the thirteen, one-hour episode run, will pit sixteen designers against one another on the Road to the Runway. These contestants will compete in weekly design challenges at Parsons The New School For Design in New York City, until only three remain and face off once again at New York Fashion Week in February."

Rest of the article http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/project_runway/

Less than 2 months away :excl:

bravo_logo75x58.jpg

'Project Jay' Walks the 'Runway'

pic_designers_comp_jay_winn349x181.jpg

Jay McCarroll

Bravo will follow Jay McCarroll, the winner of the first "Project Runway," as he moves to New York and begins to create and market his very own fashion line in the one-hour documentary, "Project Jay." This sneak peek into Jay's world of fashion is coming soon as well as the start of the second season of "Project Runway" on Wednesday, December 7.

Bravo will track the life and career of the winner of a competitive reality series, to see just how his life has changed after being crowned the winner. This warts-and-all documentary will follow Jay McCarroll from the point of his win on last season's "Project Runway" through today.

The colorful, witty and unpredictable designer from rural Pennsylvania captured America's attention with his powerful designs and off-the-wall personality. This documentary will be the viewers' chance to catch up with Jay to see what he is really like as he enters the fashion business head on.

Thank Slowpoke and Nebartist for the heads up! Here's the entire article and competing designers for easy reference. Glad to see other fashionistas looking forward to the second season of "Project Runway." Can't wait for feedback on the series, the designers, the fashions, the catwalk . . . the catfights! Here's to a great new season of fabulous fashion . . . full of fabric, feathers, flair, frustration and faux pas!

RealityTV Magazine

'Project Runway' Returns to the Catwalk

pic_heidiklum2.jpg

Get your needle and thread ready for the second season of Bravo's Emmy-nominated runaway hit series, "Project Runway," which premieres Wednesday, December 7 at 10 p.m. Supermodel Heidi Klum will return as host of the Emmy-nominated series, which gives aspiring designers a chance to break into the notoriously difficult-to-crack fashion world.

Along with the critical praise the series received, the first season garnered record ratings for Bravo. With 500% growth over its total-viewer and key demographic premiere numbers in December, the series finale on February 23 of cable's hottest show, and the only cable show nominated for an Emmy in the Competitive Reality category.

"Project Runway's" first season delivered the highest numbers for any Bravo telecast for the 2004-05 season to date. Bravo, Miramax Television, The Weinstein Company and ELLE are pleased to announce that L'Oreal Paris, Saturn, TRESemme, Banana Republic and Orbitz have signed on as the official sponsors of the second season of Bravo's Emmy-nominated runaway hit series.

ProjectRunway.jpg

'Project Runway' Season One

The partnerships with Saturn, L'Oreal Paris and TRESemme are integrated deals that will provide significant exposure in all mediums including in-show, on-air and print. Orbitz is an official on-air sponsor for Bravo and Banana Republic has formed a deal with Miramax and The Weinstein Company to provide in-show integration.

"The creative world of fashion design truly struck a cord with our advertiser base as so many brands came forward to be part of the second season of 'Project Runway'," said Lauren Zalaznick, President of Bravo. "The organic integration in, and on-air association with, this series is a great way for these sponsors to create a strong buzz among key consumers."

proj_run.jpg

"We are looking forward to another successful season of 'Project Runway' and are excited about being in business with Bravo and all of our partners," said Harvey Weinstein. "'Project Runway' is a brand's dream," said Lori Sale, Executive Vice President Worldwide Promotions for Miramax Films.

"There are so many organic integration opportunities within the show and outside the show through our partnership with Bravo and ELLE Magazine," Sale explained. "We have been literally able to create one-stop shopping for brands who seek a relationship with fashion and style."

bravo_logo75x58.jpg

Sixteen Designers Walk the 'Runway'

Klum_team.jpg

Anne Slowey, Michael Kors, Heidi Klum and Nina Garcia

on Bravo's 'Project Runway'

On Wednesday, December 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT, Bravo will launch the second season of the Emmy-nominated, premier reality series focusing on fashion designers, "Project Runway." The premiere episode of the thirteen, one-hour episode run, will pit sixteen designers against one another on the Road to the Runway.

These contestants will compete in weekly design challenges at Parsons The New School For Design in New York City, until only three remain and face off once again at New York Fashion Week in February, 2006. Supermodel Heidi Klum returns to host the second season despite recently delivering her second child, the first child for her and singer Seal.

Eager to give aspiring designers a chance to break into the notoriously difficult-to-crack fashion world, Klum will once again head a panel of industry luminaries, including top women's and men's wear designer, Michael Kors and Elle Magazine fashion director, Nina Garcia, who will serve as judges and industry mentors charged with selecting and molding the budding designers.

gunn.jpg

Tim Gunn

There will also be guest judges each week based on the specific challenge. Tim Gunn, Chair of the Parsons The New School For Design, will return to guide the contestants through each of their challenges.

"The first season of 'Project Runway' generated incredible buzz and even more incredible designs," said Bravo President, Lauren Zalaznick. "We are thrilled to bring back this high quality, high drama series with new design challenges that inspire the creativity from the designers that viewers expect."

The new season's sixteen designers are:

1. Raymundo Baltazar, 24 ~ Los Angeles, California
  2. Chloe Dao, 33 ~ Houston, Texas
  3. Marla Duran, 51 ~ Allentown, Pennsylvania
  4. Kirsten Ehrig, 37 ~ Los Angeles, California
  5. Diana Eng, 22 ~ Jacksonville, Florida
  6. Daniel Franco, 31 ~ Los Angeles, California
  7. Andrae Gonzalo, 32 ~ Los Angeles, California
  8. Zulema Griffin, 28 ~ New York, New York
  9. Kara Janx, 29 ~ Johannesburg, South Africa
  10. Emmett McCarthy, 42 ~ New York, New York
  11. Santino Rice, 30 ~ Los Angeles, California
  12. Heidi Standridge, 25 ~ Atlanta, Georgia
  13. Nick Verros, 38 ~ Los Angeles, California
  14. Guadalupe Vidal, 29 ~ Los Angeles, California
  15. Daniel Vosovic, 24 ~ New York, New York
  16. John Wade, 24 ~ Los Angeles, California
The winning designer will walk away with $100,000 in seed money to help them launch their own line and a 2007 Saturn SkyRoadster, both provided by Saturn. The winner's designs will be featured in a spread in ELLE, photographed by the magazine's world-renowned Publication Director, Gilles Bensimon. They will also receive a mentorship from the Banana Republic Design Team.

"Project Runway" is executive produced by Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves ("Project Greenlight," "Last Comic Standing"). Heidi Klum and her managers, Desiree Gruber and Jane Cha of NYC-based, Full Picture also executive produce the series. Barbara Schneeweiss oversaw the production on behalf of Miramax Television and The Weinstein Company. Jen Berman oversaw the production on behalf of Miramax Television.

bravo_logo75x58.jpg

Klum and Hurley Sued Over 'Runway' Rights

Klum_200x225.jpghurley200x225.jpg

Heidi Klum and Elizabeth Hurley are part of a law suit involving 'Project Runway'

Heidi Klum, Elizabeth Hurley and Greenlight Productions are being sued by a man claiming to have created the TV reality show, 'Project Runway.' Heidi Klum will return as hostess of the second season of 'Project Runway,' which premieres on Tuesday, December 6. Elizabeth Hurley will host the UK's version of the show, 'Project Catwalk.'

Joel Lamontagne filed the lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court, claiming he wrote a script for a reality show called 'America's Fashion Designer Search,' which he says was turned into 'Project Runway.' The Emmy-nominated series first aired on Bravo in 2004. Lamontagne registered his script with the Writer's Guild of America in January 2003.

'Project Runway' focuses on fashion designers hoping to break into the business. Other defendants include Walt Disney Pictures, Miramax Films and Bravo Company. Lamontagne is also suing 'Project Runway' sponsors, including The Gap, Banana Republic and L'Oreal.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Heidi Klum Braves a Bigger Runway

by Matt Webb Mitovich

Tonight at 10 pm/ET, Bravo invites viewers to take a second stroll down the runway

Enjoy Neb

http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/

Looks like two episodes tonight did I read the schedule right?

Edited by Dade

Anyone else tuned in and ready? I know I am...YAY bring on a good cat-fight I wanna see these bitches rip each other to shreds this year!

I only watched a few eppy's last season but, it seems to me that they have a whole lot better group this year. There are at least 6 or 7 or the remaining 13 that are spectacular imo.

Santos, the girl that won the second comp., daniel? (the guy the let back), the guy that is European looking, clean-cut with short beard and shaved/dark hair, also the other European, clean-cut, blonde haired guy and then the chick that has a scientific approach all intrigue me so far... but, I feel like I leaving 1 or 2 out so, give me a week or two to remember their names and I 'll try and narrow down to my top 5 ... which is going to be hard cause they're all so good this year.

I agree this years cast looks and seems way more interesting and more full of themselves than last years, the previews look good!