Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Robin Hood

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
Avoid this movie.
Just watched the midnight premier and was greatly disapointed.. so was everybody else who watched it.

Really bummed cause i was really excited to see it.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,235 posts
Thanks for the heads-up, King123. I adore Russell Crowe - think he is a terrific actor - I do not like Cate Blanchett and was so sorry they put her in the movie as Maid Marian.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,810 posts
I see a LOT of movies at the cinema (59 so far in 2010), so you can be sure I'll be seeing this block-buster.
Cate Blanchet is one of my favourites because she is versatile enough to take on just about any role you can think of.
From what I saw in the previews, she plays a Marian that is not a shy helpless girl, so I'm eager to see what she's done with it.

And Russell Crowe will at least have a better accent than Kevin Costner did (or didn't, as the case may be!), so that's a bonus.
I have seen the British serial Robin Hood (from the 80's), so I'm thinking this film will be more like that; a tougher, bleaker reality, without romanticizing it so much.

I guess I'll just have to wait (not too long) to see for myself.

---------------------

I can honestly say that sometimes my enjoyment of a particular film can be affected by my surroundings.
If there are problems with the picture or sound.
If the theatre is packed to capacity.
If there are people talking around me, or checking text message (whose bright screens in the near-darkness distracts me enough to rip me out of the hypnosis of being submerged in the movie), or even opening snacks or munching too loudly, I end up with a lesser opinion of the movie just because I didn't have as good a time as I could have.
(Obviously, the number one movie peeve is the person in back of you kicking the back of your seat repeatedly!)

I used to be a very tough critic, and a movie had to be simply unbelievable just to get a thumbs up from me, but now that I am going through movies in bulk quantity, it seems that even a mediocre movie is enough to satisfy me.

CarolinaGirl

CarolinaGirl

• Pip
  • 224 posts
I am big fan of Cate Blanchett - I've almost always been pleased with her films. I think I am gonna see it for myself, but thanks for the reviews!

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,810 posts
I really liked it.

The storyline had a thread you could follow, and it was nice to see how they combined all the elements of the myth.
Incorporating the Magna Carta stuff was well done also.

I liked how they kept the mystical out of it, so that Robin seems more like just a man. An extraordinary man, perhaps. A hero, definitely. But flesh and blood.

I guess it would have been nice to see him use his bow more often, making some spectacular shots. But using it sparingly makes the few shots that he does take all the better, I imagine.

All in all, it looks more like this movie is trying to lay the groundwork for a sequel that will probably follow soon, and be so much better that it will blow this one out of the water.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
the more i talk to people about it the more mixed reviews I have..

people boooed in the movie theather I was in, but I was talking to a friend, and she said she really liked it.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I loved it! Such a different take on a classic!

davebutterfield

davebutterfield

• Pip
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (King123 @ May 14 2010, 01:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Avoid this movie.
Just watched the midnight premier and was greatly disapointed.. so was everybody else who watched it.

Really bummed cause i was really excited to see it.

yaa i wanted to see it

ireene

ireene

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Why are you saying that?
I was really a nice movie though. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users