Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Show Finale- 6.17 & 6.18, "The End"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
The 2-hour show finale title is "The End".

Aptly named... bigcry.gif

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
And so it arrives. The day I've both longed for and dreaded at the same time. Does that make sense? I don't think I realized how much I loved this show until today.

To prepare for THE END, take a look at this great musical LOST montage:
LOST music montage

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,544 posts

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,544 posts

Rydethis

Rydethis

• Pip
  • 312 posts
Best show ever!!! <3

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Thanks for sharing the awesome photos!

What an awesome final episode that had me in tears several times (esp. the Charlie/Claire and Sawyer/Juliet parts). All was beyond my expectations- that is, until the church part. What a punch to the gut that was. I did think that the final scene with Vincent lying down next to Jack and Jack's eye closed was poetically perfect but I'm still not crazy about the whole flash-sideways being some sort of purgatory-like place though. I'm still digesting the whole episode but will write more later. Must sleep.

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,544 posts
minor emergency in the dungeon.
missed last twenty minutes.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
OK.... if I understand the ending correctly, they were dead from the original crash, but they got sucked to the Island by Jabcob to help him destroy his brother.

Man, this series was hard to follow.

PS.... I personally thought Sawyer was gay, but denying even to himself the truth about his underlining sexual attraction to Jack.... wink.gif

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,544 posts
Watched it. Church? Really? Whatever.

lena

lena

• Pip
  • 401 posts
I don't know if I'm overthinking or just plain confused. If they all really were dead from the initial crash, how do you explain the people in the church who were on the island but weren't on their plane that had crashed?!

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,544 posts
And people who died on the isle but weren't there? And wth wasn't Vincent at the church? I want a refund.

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
Never gave much thought that they were dead the whole time interesting theory ?????

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
At the beginning of this season the producers (Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof) were on the Jimmy Kimmel show and gave Kimmel a sealed envelope that was to be opened on the Jimmy Kimmel show (last night) to prove to everyone they had predetermined ending and they weren't simply making it up as they went along.

Very odd, that of all people not to appear, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof, would be those who no-showed on the Kimmel show.

The shows producers also were on the record stating that the characters weren't in Purgatory.... Cuse & Lindelof would be debating the meaning of term Purgatory if they were to continue to deny that the characters weren't in somekind of Purgatory.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
OK.... if I understand the ending correctly, they were dead from the original crash, but they got sucked to the Island by Jabcob to help him destroy his brother.

Jack and Christian ending dialogue
No, according to what Christian told Jack, "some died before him and some died long after him" and that everything that happened "was real". They had all created the flash sideways/purgatory/house of mirrors/whatever to "find each other and remember" before moving on to the afterlife. So Hurley and Ben did take over for Jack on the island and died sometime later. Of course, this is supposed to be left to our imagination- as is HOW they created this "place" to find each other. And I'm assuming that for the same reason Jack's son wasn't real, the Aaron that Claire re-birthed so Charlie and Kate would remember also wasn't real. He was with them in the church but I'm assuming he disappears or something when they finally "move on". I dunno- I think I kinda liked the Jimmy Kimmel Bob Newhart ending better!
Jimmy Kimmel alt endings of LOST

Seriously though, despite the craptastic buddism/hinduism/taoism/judaism/dharmaism/christianity We are the World mushy ending (before Jack's eye closed-which was perfect), I loved every bit of the ride. The acting was superb and the remembering sequences were genuinally emotional. Yes, the show was about the characters but it was ALSO about the mythology and I am a bit disappointed that that part seemed to have gotten dumped. It is still my favorite show of all time and maybe that's why I'm still struggling with my thoughts about the ending.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Thanks Kayo. I guess I'm still trying to grasp at a simple level the underlining idea\story. After all plot twists, numbers, time travel, flash-backs, flash forwards, flash sideways, etc, etc, etc, I am wondering if Cuse and Lindelof were more-or-less throwing every cool idea they ever had into the show knowing that most it would be explained away as being part of some kind parallel reality happening a long time ago, or in the future, or whatever. In other words, they didn't care if it made sense, it just was cool that it was so different.

Didn't Cuse and Lindelof promise to be on the Kimmel show after the final episode? Seems so odd to me that those two, the heart\soul, of the LOST story, would be missing.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Didn't Cuse and Lindelof promise to be on the Kimmel show after the final episode? Seems so odd to me that those two, the heart\soul, of the LOST story, would be missing.

I heard them say during the LOST LIVE Talks broadcast in NYC that they would not be at Jimmy Kimmel live but had taped something (which turned out to be the comedic alt endings only). They said that after the finale they would go "to black", meaning they wouldn't post anything online, perform any interviews or go on the radio. They said they wanted the finale to speak for "itself". Which definitely could be construed as they didn't want to have to explain anything more- aka a cop out. I do think that they wanted the viewers to read their own interpretations into it but I'm hopeful that they'll eventually say something.

bigguy117

bigguy117

• Pip
  • 360 posts
QUOTE (kayo @ May 24 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard them say during the LOST LIVE Talks broadcast in NYC that they would not be at Jimmy Kimmel live but had taped something (which turned out to be the comedic alt endings only). They said that after the finale they would go "to black", meaning they wouldn't post anything online, perform any interviews or go on the radio. They said they wanted the finale to speak for "itself". Which definitely could be construed as they didn't want to have to explain anything more- aka a cop out. I do think that they wanted the viewers to read their own interpretations into it but I'm hopeful that they'll eventually say something.

They were on Kimmel on Thursday or Friday. They said they wouldn't talk about the finale until some time had passed. They wanted everyone to form their own opinion on the ending before they spoke out on it.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Sounds to me like a cop out of not wanting to face questions about the unanswered questions. And maybe in their own since of logic and entertainment, having unanswered questions is part of what LOST is about, therefore there is nothing wrong with inserting odd\bizarre\impossible events, because they never intended to answer everything anyway, just provided some kind of mystic ending that says anything possible once you arrive at purgatory. You know, this really could just been a dream, because dreams are just like this, somethings make perfect sense, and others don't, and you accept it all without question while dreaming.... Of course, if they ended the series with somebody, like Jack, waking up realizing he in was back in Kansas returning from OZ (aka The island), bloody screams would be heard throughout the Internet for weeks\months, so they had to create an ending to be something other than a dream, even if the island was pretty much OZ in terms of going beyond reality into fantasy. smile.gif

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Of course, if they ended the series with somebody, like Jack, waking up realizing he in was back in Kansas returning from OZ (aka The island), bloody screams would be heard throughout the Internet for weeks\months, so they had to create an ending to be something other than a dream, even if the island was pretty much OZ in terms of going beyond reality into fantasy

and those bloody screams would've been mine.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I guess I am suggesting the ending was equivalent to a dream, just there is a lot of smoke and mirrors thrown up so its not obvious. Of course they spin it in a much more interesting and complex ways so it includes all kinds of themes\ideas\mystries\etc. In the final, the major characters don't remember they know each other, and when they they finally realized they do (wake up), well, they become fully aware they all are dead and ready to move on.

It would have been a better ending if Jack figured it out on his own, rather than have a god like figure (his father) meet him and explain things to him. It is like Jack never figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users