If Kayser goes I have decided

Guest sara-is-hot

I'm a woman, but I felt that if I was Kaysar, I would have slapped her. I don't know how Kaysar could contain his anger after being slandered, cursed, backbited, yelled at, accused of not respecting woman by this horseface Ivetto.  I don't think he would have hit her though. I think he is more respectful towards woman than Howie, James or Michael, so I don't know why you're jumping on his case.  Plus, he apologized to her. I would not have.

So you think if a lady tells a man "you have no respect for women" then it is justified for the man to slap the woman?

HMM OK :)

Obviously, you didn't read the rest of the post. I said I would slap her if I was Kaysar because she "slandered, cursed, backbited, yelled at, and accused [him] of not respecting woman" and when he approached her in a gentle manner, calmly asking her what Michael had done, and she jumped at him, yelling at him for no apparent reason and then accused him of not respecting women, I would, in the heat of the moment, have slapped her. I didn't say it was justified, I just said and I'll quote for you: "I felt that if I was Kaysar, I would have slapped her." I didn't say that Kaysar should have slapped her, I said that if I was Kaysar, I would have slapped her. Understood?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So she is a "butch woman" and you wouldnt take it if you were a man.  Well I am straight and if I said that to you, would it make you that mad???  I think the whole situation is wrong, on both parties.  But do we need to say that because of her sexual preference...she may have "deserved" it?  No one, man or woman, deserves physical violence.  No, he didnt touch her, but he was reacting in a threatening way. Just saying, her being a lesbian has nothing to do with it.

Actually, provocation is a defense to battery or assault. Provoking a person by insulting their race, religion or family is an inflamatory act and those words are called "fighting words", legally. Therefore, if someone provokes a fight, and the other responds with physical violence (battery) or an intimidating action (assault), they could use provocation as a legal defense.

LOL if you use words as a legal defense for throwing a punch you will lose in court. Whoever you are getting this info from is a really bad source

Uhhhh, the law is my source.

If you read her quotes they did in fact change dramatically.

She went from:

"curse their mothers, talk about their race, religion etc."

to  

"What if a woman was coming at you with a knife, trying to stab you, would you hit her then?  What if a woman was trying to hurt your children, would you knock her out to get her off of them?"

Clearly it doesnt take a genius to know the difference between somebody using words vs somebody trying to physically attack you.  

I think most of us learned in grade school. Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

And you answered my questions. You said yes you would hit a woman in self defense.

Guest dancingfool

Denise, I agree with you, but please get rid of that Whoopi Goldberg avitar. She gives me nightmares.

Fighting words n. words intentionally directed toward another person which are so nasty and full of malice as to cause the hearer to suffer emotional distress or incite him/her to immediately retaliate physically (hit, stab, shoot, etc.) While such words are not an excuse or defense for a retaliatory assault and battery, if they are threatening they can form the basis for a lawsuit for assault.

Interesting that you didn't provide a source for your definition. But, I found your definition at Law.com law dictionary. It is merely a definition and is not definitive law.

Not only does common law provide that provocation is a defense to assault and battery, but there is case law that provides that provocation is an affirmative defense for assault and battery. (See http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getc...&invol=redding)

See also:

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/arti...y-defenses.html

There is also the question of what defenses the jurisdiction (i.e. state) you live in allows.

I never said it would be successful, but it is a legal defense provided by the law.

Guest sara-is-hot

Yeah but this is the only real relavant part of her link.

It totally contradicts her claim that words are a defense to battery.

Provocation

I have to wonder whether certain people actually watch the feeds, or if they are taking their information from second-hand sources or just the show. The show is heavily edited.

I was watching the feeds during the incident, and I was watching the feeds before the incident. It was not just one comment from Ivette that upset Kaysar. Kaysar was wrong when he stood up and stared her down, and he apologized. Eric was wrong when he threw back his chair and charged Michael, and he apologized. Ivette has spent weeks in the house and has had several conversations with Kaysar where she demanded he explain his religion to her and called him a hypocrite for playing the game. He sat down at the table before the incident because he wanted to try to calm things down. He was keeping his voice very quiet and respectful, asking why they were upset with Michael. Ivette constantly interrupted him and yelled at him, but he kept trying to make the situation better. This conversation took about a half hour, not the few minutes they showed on television. Of course he didn't even know about the (literally) hours of remarks Ivette has made about his race, his religion, how he is "dirty," how he is the equivalent of Osama Bin Laden, how he is like a person who straps bombs to his legs, etc. I could go on and on with distasteful examples, but I won't. I would say that Kaysar has made about ten remarks in total about Ivette to his fellow teammates when she could not hear him. I can't even count how many remarks Ivette has made. Regardless, before the incident at the table, he tried and tried to talk in a calm manner and she screamed over him and interrupted him. Eric then told him he should probably leave the table because he didn't want to be there for what was going to "go down." This was before Michael even walked out the door. I'm sure Kaysar was worried for Michael at that point, as he is his friend. Eric charged Michael, who barely glanced at Eric before Eric yelled at him. Ivette continued to screech at Kaysar and finally insulted him to the point where he stood over her in an angry manner. He shouldn't have done it, and he apologized not once, but several times. He didn't hit her, and I don't think he would hit her. I don't think Kaysar would hit a woman or a man, from what I have seen from him on the feeds day after day. I think Eric would, however. Ivette did not apologize to Kaysar for the things she said to him. She is the only one involved who didn't give an apology.

Again, I really do question whether need food and Morph actually have the feeds and watch them on a consistent basis, because their sweeping claims are unfair and untrue, in my opinion. They are meant to stir up bad feelings in us, and sadly they have worked. This is Morty's board, and he puts his own money and time into it. Jem and Ranster put in hours and hours making sure that we play like adults here instead of children. Someone called Denise a troll, but I question who is the troll here. Is the troll perhaps a person who posts a bigoted, sweeping statement and tells others to shut up unless they have something constructive to say, and then proceeds to spew more hatred and unfounded attacks on the character of people on the show and on this board? If so, then I don't think Denise is the troll here. I think the troll would be the person who signed up to the board just to post this one thread that trashes the personal integrity of a contestant that they do not know, perhaps because of his race and religion.

We all read the rules of the site, and it is very clear that we are not to make personal attacks against fellow posters. I'm going to take a stand and say that I won't respond to this sort of baiting and trollish behavior, and if it continues I will ask for the person who continues it to be banned. I urge everyone else to do the same and take the high road.

Mod Note:

As the original topic has been exhausted ... this thread is archived!

Ranster627

Go Banana!!

hehehehe it took me a while to think of Batman - I am really sad tonight with no sleep in almost 2 days. Seeing what you wrote got that Gwen Stefani stuck in my head now. :(

Go Banana!!

hehehehe it took me a while to think of Batman - I am really sad tonight with no sleep in almost 2 days. Seeing what you wrote got that Gwen Stefani stuck in my head now. :(

sorry I actually got it from The Simpsons...but the song did come into my head too