Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ART VAN DELAY

Grey's Anatomy

467 posts in this topic

I watched my first eppy and really liked it. Thought it was funny and entertaining.

From TV GUIDE ONLINE

GREY AREA

It looks like ABC's got another smash on its hands. In its second outing Sunday night, new medical drama Grey's Anatomy attracted more than 18 million viewers

I've watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked! It's a great show, so far....

I like the relationships that are developing, the seriousness, the humor....scripted (non-reality) tv is finally getting hot again!! :)

This show is an "okay" filler. It's no Boston Legal though.

I'll continue watching mainly because I'm too lazy to change the channel after Desperate Housewives. But I find some of the storylines a little...ah...what's the word I want...hmmm...can't think of it, but for example.

The main female character sleeps w/ a total stranger and then learns that he's her boss. Then he spends the next few episodes continuing to pursue her, while she's telling him "absolutely not; you're my boss; that would be unethical...blah...blah...blah". Believability quotient = zero!

Another thing is that she's the daughter of a prominent doctor, so she's supposed to be naturally "have" the gift herself. In contrast, she's written to be riddled w/ self-doubt and insecurity, but she ALWAYS seems to save the day in the end (i.e., that baby in the last eppy). **yawn**

While there are some interesting characters, the writing for this show is an insult to our intelligence. I haven't seen storylines this shallow since Baywatch.

I guess I'm just peeved because they put Boston Legal on hiatus. That show is the cherry on the top of my Sunday evening!!!!!

I'm so used to seeing an intelligent dramedy at that time of the evening....not Friends meets ER.

I have the first two episodes recorded but haven't watched them yet.  I'm glad to hear it's a decent show.  I'll probably watch the first episode tonight.  I'll check back and give my $.02.
I think you will like what you see !!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm just peeved because they put Boston Legal on hiatus. That show is the cherry on the top of my Sunday evening!!!!!

I'm so used to seeing an intelligent dramedy at that time of the evening....not Friends meets ER.

I agree with you conniejoe. I am rebelling and not watching because want my Boston Legal back! Right now I am in mourning :cry:

I got to see the first eppy and Im glad I did. I never got what was going on with the girls mother. It is ER meets Friends.

I got to see the first eppy and Im glad I did. I never got what was going on with the girls mother. It is ER meets Friends.

More like ER in the beginning!!!!!!

I watched the first two episodes last night and I like this show. It does remind me of "ER" in the beginning but with a little more comedy thrown in.

JEM: Meredith's (the main character, her last name is Grey) mother obviously has Alzheimer's Disease and she's in a home and I don't think anyone knows. Her mother used to be a great surgeon in her day.

From the 'Entertainment News' on TVGuide.com. I'm gonna repeat this post in the Boston Legal thread in case fans of that show don't watch Grey's Anatomy.

BOSTON BUMPED:back with an unheard-of 27 original episodes." Unless something better comes along again.

BOSTON BUMPED

The verdict is in on the case of Grey's Anatomy vs. Boston Legal, and ABC is siding with the docs. The network announced Friday that it's keeping its new medical smash Grey's Anatomy on Sundays at 10 pm/ET through the end of the season. As a result, Boston Legal

Hubby and I are really enjoying this show (it is hard to find something we both like lol), of course hubby thinks the chick who plays Meredith is hot lol.
SO DO I :P:P :twisted: :clap :flame :rofl :rofl
:rofl

Patrick Dempsey is pretty hot himself :P

Sorry since I am a guy I will take Meredith anytime :P:P

Sunday's episode made me cry. Stupid TV show! I cried when Liz (the nurse) died. I work in a hospital and I know a few nurses and I know it would be weird and very sad to see them die in front of me.

Another good episode.

Yay!! I finally got to watch it and I really enjoyed it. The nurse dying was sad XS, but the show also made me laugh. Did any one else see the mother knowing the nurse even when she couldn't recognize her husband and daughter in the photo's?

Now I just need to catch the first two episodes in reruns.

I am sure that ABC will re run the first two, maybe soon :?: :?:

I hope they do soon or else I will be forced to go looking for it online.

Today was the most jaw-dropping episode yet! Seems like everyone is hooking up with each other...and everyone is going to find out about each other's hookups.... Should be fun!! :lol:

YAY! I taped it. Looking forward to watching even more now. :D

Today was the most jaw-dropping episode yet! Seems like everyone is hooking up with each other...and everyone is going to find out about each other's hookups.... Should be fun!! :lol:

Grrrr..... our HDD stalled or something and didn't record last night's episode. HELP!!!! What happened? Who has a copy I can borrow?