Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Best Comedy of All Time...

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,144 posts
Of course Seinfeld. Nothing makes me laugh outloud like that show.

But for oldtime classic, only one person in here mentioned my favorite: Barney Miller. The hash brownies episode, inparticular, stands out. "Barney, Barney, Barney, is your mother from Killarney?"

Sheri

Sheri

• Pip
  • 3,112 posts
I like the ones mentioned in this thread but here are few more:

Coach

Home Improvement

The Love Boat

Ellen

Mama's Family

I Dream Of Jeannie

yath

yath

• Pip
  • 4,492 posts
Some old ones.....I think from the 70's....I have them on tape

All in The Family
Mash
Cheers

And more recently, Arrested Development---one of the funniest ever, for some reason didn't survive.

yath

yath

• Pip
  • 4,492 posts
Hmmmm....just wondering about something: Was Arrested Development a Canadian show...or has anyone else heard of it?

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I saw one of my favorites mentioned once -- WKRP in Cincinnati. Another classic is Hogan's Heroes. I can never get sick of that one!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Newhart! (The one in vermont with Julia Duffy)

That show always makes me laugh just as much Sienfeld and Rossanne

chichi

chichi

• Pip
  • 720 posts
Black Adder, my all time fave!

Red Dwarf

Arrested Development

News Radio

Simpsons

And I really love Family Guy (guilty pleasure)

I enjoy sarcasm, toilet jokes and just plain strange thinking. LOL

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I enjoy sarcasm, toilet jokes and just plain strange thinking. LOL

Sorry, "sarcasm" is not allowed here, only trashing and bashing, and only if you are an insider with a high post count. Prefered is a few thousand posts consisting of 7 words or less, or a single emoticon. It's not what you say that counts, it's how many meaningless posts you can rack up without ever saying Jack. In other words, politics. Clearly I don't practice what I preach because I lost all the insiders by the 8th word of this post smile.gif

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I love this show soooo much! " The Red Green Show"......I use to watch it on PBS when I lived in Nebraska...another show I watched while in Nebraska was "Last of the Summer Wine" another was "To the Manor Born". These three shows are at the top of my list! deal2.gif

When I was a teenager, I loved Laugh-In! and I loved Madd magazines.

Realityfan

Realityfan

• Pip
  • 1,041 posts
Seinfield and I loved Who's Line is it Anyway?

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Can anyone name specific episodes from your favorite comedy shows that stand out above all others? I can think of four off the top of my head that I will always laugh at over and over no matter how many times I watch them!

1. WKRP in Cincinnati- The Thanksgiving day turkey drop

2. Dick Van Dyke Show- The Dick's dream "walnuts" episode

3. Mary Tyler Moore Show- Chuckles the clown dies/funeral

4. Seinfeld- Jerry plays chess/checkers with his penis

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
The Seinfeld episode that made me laugh, and pee was the one where Krammer fed the horse chili and it f#rted in Krammer's face while it was pulling the buggy. Soooo funny! hahohi.gif

Yeah! the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Drop is Classic! Thats the episode I remember the most of on WKRP Cinn.

Realityfan

Realityfan

• Pip
  • 1,041 posts
Friends- The "I know that he knows but he doesn't know that I know that he knows" one

Seinfield- The one where Elaine says "Maybe the Dingo ayte your bayby....the dingo ayte your bayby." haha I'm still laughing.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Moonlighting- Atomic Shakespeare. Taming of the shrew episode.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Probably the two episodes that I've watched the most are the two Friends episodes with Christina Applegate

The one with Rachel's Other Sister
The one where Rachel's sister babysits

I literally STILL have the original broadcast on my TiVo going back over 5 years. I probably have watched those two episodes over 50 times each, Christina Applegate as Rachel's sisterm "Amy" is one of the most funniest characters I have ever seen in TV. Her comedic talent is amazing.

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I just thought of a silly comedy that I just love! Reno 911! Everytime I watch it I laugh so hard. Its on Mon-Friday night at 11:30. Its on one of my local LA tv stations.....I'm watching it right now!!!!! animated_rotfl.gif Yes, its a silly show, but it cracks me up!

I loved the Reno Miami 911 movie too! smile.gif

Barneyfife

Barneyfife

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Even though I'm not that old, (39) I'm a big fan of 50's and 60's tv, my favorite show ever is the Andy Griffith Show.

Manty

Manty

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have seen your programme and seen your site and wanted to say a very big thank you. I have a wheat and dairy intolerence and find it hard to come up with new ideas and understandind what to do with new items i've seen. You make a great team, have great rescipes and look forward to watching on tv again soon. Posted Image
http://topchef.org/

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
Has to be SEINFELD

Solanis

Solanis

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted Image Hi All..... I definately think Seinfeld is the best show of all time though there are many more I like very much and are great. All of the characters on there are just classic and so so funny. George and Jerrys parents..Uncle Leo..etc the ones that are not main characters are just as hilarious as the main ones. I would love to get a look at cousin Jeffrey..too bad they never showed him. I also like lots of the old classics like The Lucy show and the one where she had her kids on there with her. I get the names mixed up. Not I love Lucy though I liked that I liked the following two more. I just bought a set of cds of the show she did when she got older that was on a short time and flopped. I haven't watched it yet but I remember it vaguely from my childhood. Mr. Ed was good, Mary Tyler Moore, Gomer Pyle is hilarous which I have on tape just all those shows like that. I which TV land would go back to being true to itself and showing shows like this. They do have Roseanne I think and maybe Andy G but none of the really old comedies.

Some people had mentioned the English comedies. One that is hilarious is keeping up appearances. It is on PBS around here on Saturday nights at 8:00. If you have never seen it you should watch it. If you really want to laugh its hysterical.

My favorite shows as of right now are:

Seinfeld
Two and a half Men
Raymond
I loved til Death till they took it off but have it on tape

Sex and the city
Friends
Big bang Theory
According to Jim
Mike and Molly

I love sitcoms and when I get hooked on one I can watch it over and over again. Oh I forgot to say I also like the reruns of Still Standing and 8 simple rules....I just wish they would have ran them both longer.

Does anyone remember the show the Class they had on a few years ago on Monday nights? I thought it was really good but they didn't really give it a chance. I thought it was much better then How I met your mother or Rules of engagement. It was on the CBS lineup.

Well best wishes to all!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users