Sign in to follow this  
SugarB

Amazing Race 16

Lady Luck prevailed for Jeff and Jordan after I thought she had deserted them.

Are you really so naive to believe it was luck? It's pretty obvious CBS kept them because they're good for ratings. I like that decision, but I'm not naive enough to believe it was a random non-elimination race.

Look at past seasons - they usually throw a non-elim around this stage of the game.

I'm not naive enough to believe it was a random non-elimination race.

I can't believe it was random but not in the way you meant. Don't they have to set up the speed bumps way ahead of time- not just the day before they are to happen? How else can they get the permits, the people, the cameras and whatever else is required to pull them off in time? Personally, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist though I'd never rule it out completely but I think the non elimination legs are planned before the race starts.

I think I remember once when the Speed Bump instructions were something like "you must complete both DETOUR options", which is smart because it doesn't require any additional work on the part of the production team.

I posted this in the Jeff and Jordan thread but I will post it here too..... I knew it was going to be non elim, whether it was Jeff and Jordan or not... any time the race messes with things.... like throwing the intersection in, most of the time it ends without an elimination

So while I was not in the least surprised by the non emimination, I don't think it had anything to do with Jeff and Jordan

I'm just glad they got to stay. Jeff and Jordan both seem to be nice people and it's fun to see them again.

I posted this in the Jeff and Jordan thread but I will post it here too..... I knew it was going to be non elim, whether it was Jeff and Jordan or not... any time the race messes with things.... like throwing the intersection in, most of the time it ends without an elimination

So while I was not in the least surprised by the non emimination, I don't think it had anything to do with Jeff and Jordan

Yep, that's what I think too. Anyone that doesn't believe it should review past seasons.

Jeff and Jordan both seem to be nice people and it's fun to see them again

I don't ever make a decision on what kind of "people" reality show contestants may be in RL, but on TV these folks are dummies. They are v lucky the producers dumbed down the contestants around them so that they have a fighting chance. They are much more fun to watch on the race than they were in the BB house, I guess cause I don't have to hear Jordan as much. As for there twitter accounts...ugh why don't reality contestants take their 15 minutes and bow out...it's so sad when they milk it.

Watching them for 3 months definitely gave me an idea of what kind of people they are in real life. Nobody can fake it that long; especially so-called dummies. A common theme is that they forget about the cameras in the BB house. I think the reverse is true of Amazing Race. We see quick snippets of them and their AR personalities could/could not be 24/7 real. As for Twitter, I don't read it, don't do it, don't care one way or the other. I definitely believe that Jeff and Jordan have real fans, though, and who knows whether or not they will manage to take it further. I will admit to the occasional thirst for "whats up," on former BB contestants and enjoy various reports here.

THAT just happened!!!!! I thought J&J had NO shot, they were so far behind. Thanks Mike and dirty Louie for U-turning Joe and Heidi and saving Jeff and Jordan. Hope Louie can take that big TV to his prison cell with him :animated_rotfl:

No body's fault but Joe and Heidi's. They got frustrated and quit when they still had a shot. J&J had to pedal 4 miles to finish and when Phil met them with the bad news they were STILL sitting in the trench. No sympathy from me.

Agree Steve - never give up and never ever quit!! They weren't one of my faves anyway.

I'm just glad they got to stay. Jeff and Jordan both seem to be nice people and it's fun to see them again.

I enjoy them and it's great seeing them even if it's just a few minutes a week.

How ya been??

Ditto. It has made AR much more fun for me to see Jeff and Jordan in a different venue. I am great! Hope the snow is about over for you. :)

Joe & Heidi probably stayed in the trench waiting knowing that Joe couldn't pedal a bike because of his bad knee. I felt bad for them because of his hurt knee.

I kept thinking that, the whole time they were doing the challenge, even if they finished the challenge, he was going to have a hell of a time on that bike

So something happened today that I thought I would share.

After finishing my lunch in the office cafeteria, I glanced out the window as I stood up.

Something below caught my eye, and I went up to the window to have a better look.

It looked like an AMAZING RACE ROUTE MARKER!!!

Now, I knew that they film these things well in advance, but I wasn't aware if they were filming TAR 17 right now or not.

And I know they've been through Montreal before (a few seasons ago), so maybe again?

And the location of the marker even made a little sense, since it is in a well-known plaza downtown.

I knew there was some kind of display by the fountain there right now. (At Christmas, that is where they put a giant tree.)

96200360.jpg

The windows are still really dirty because they haven't been cleaned yet after the winter. (They're due to start next week.)

So I couldn't really make out if there were a camera crew around. (Maybe it was a pitstop and I could meet Phil?)

Anyway, I grabbed my coat and camera and hurried down to check it out.

46599552.jpg

In the elevator on the way down, I asked myself if I would help out any team of racers I happened to meet, or if I would try to find out if they were a nice team or not first.

(I concluded that I would help no matter what, even if they were the season's "evil" team, because I am Canadian, and that's a large part of what we do! LOL)

34388818.jpg

Anyway, I was SORELY disappointed, yet highly amused, to find out that what looked like a marker actually was not.

Instead, it's just a protection box for power cables, brightly-coloured to ensure it does not escape attention. I've never seen one like that before.

Why did they have to make it look like a TAR marker and get my hopes up?

81440549.jpg

Anyway, when I got back upstairs, I took some pictures from the cafeteria, so everybody could see how deceiving it really appears.

75557009.jpg

I THINK I WATCH TOO MUCH REALITY TV!!!

Jedi, your sequence of photos is hysterical. It looked like a route marker to me until the last photo. I would have been excited, too, and would have staked out the spot in my car waiting for Phil. . . until the police came, that is.

Too bad.

OMG that is too funny Jedi! I wish it would have been a route marker - we would have had some inside info!!!!

Well good job for checking it out! Imagine if you hadn't gone down and then saw TAR with that scene!

That is so funny- thanks for sharing! It actually looks like the PERFECT place for them to have a route marker...the clue could've read something like "take a taxi to Montreal and look for the _____________ (insert name of dinosaur statue) at ______plaza for your next clue!"

TAR running about 45 min late due to March Madness

(It's always something)