Sign in to follow this  
Jem

'Medium'

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Medium Sizes Up Kidnapped's Time Slot

NBC has announced that Patricia Arquette's Medium will return by mid-November to fill the Wednesdays-at-10 schedule gap left by the shuttling of low-rated newbie Kidnapped to Saturday-night Siberia.

CBS, meanwhile, has officially tapped 3 Lbs., a medical drama starring Stanley Tucci and Mark Feuerstein as brain surgeons

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Medium' and '3 Lbs. Set November Premieres

NBC and CBS fill 'Kidnapped' and 'Smith' holes

October 13, 2006

25864667.jpg

Patricia Arquette of 'Medium'

NBC is recruiting "Medium" to crack the case in what has been a dead time period so far this season, while CBS hopes to do the same with the new drama "3 Lbs."

Beginning on Wednesday, Nov. 15, "Medium" will begin its third season in the 10 p.m. ET slot formerly occupied by the heavily-touted freshman drama "Kidnapped." After three disappointing airings, "Kidnapped" was shipped off to the programming Gulag of Saturday nights.

Although its figures dipped somewhat in its second season, "Medium" averaged 11.1 million viewers last year, airing on Monday night. The show stars Emmy winner Patricia Arquette as a woman whose connection to the deceased helps her solve crimes.

"We have been waiting for the right moment to bring back this excellent, chilling drama to our lineup and we know this will make the show's legion of devoted fans very happy," says NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly. "'Medium' is an especially creative show, led by the vision of executive producer-creator Glenn Gordon Caron, that is ready to hit the ground running with its new season of thrilling episodes."

In addition, CBS has set a premiere date for "3 Lbs.," which will be rushed into the Tuesday, 10 p.m. slot after the premature cancellation of "Smith." The show, which features Stanley Tucci as plays an unpredictable doctor mentoring a potentially brilliant young brain surgeon (Mark Feurstein), will kick off on Tuesday, Nov. 14.

Just a reminder for all you Medium fans out there... two hour premiere, tonight!!! :D:D:D

I watched it but wasn't impressed. Evidently, with the lack of comments here, no one else was either.

I found the cartoon insertions, although part of the storyline, distracting. Maybe the rest of the season will get back on track.

You're spot on Cat. Until I saw you're post I had already forgotten, by this morning, that I watched this last night.

I like Patricia's haircut though. :D

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Medium

by Paula Paige

November 15, 2006: Four Dreams

I am thrilled to be bringing you the new Medium blog. I have loved Allison DuBois (the character) since she graced us with her presence two seasons ago. Medium gets better with age. It

In recent years I've found that I don't latch on to too many series and watch them each week, but Medium is one of them. This show is excellent. Well written, well acted, and not predictable. I find I really enjoy the family aspect of the show with the bickering kids and not always perfect husband.

I completely agree echo. :)

Medium

by Paula Paige

November 29, 2006: Blood Relations

An antiquated start and a visit from the good Doctor Walker.

Jack Walker, great-great-great-grandson of the original Teenage Girl Killer, filled me with a sense of total creepy-osity! Actually, the British actor, Mark Sheppard, has been around for quite some time filling many different roles on a number of American TV shows, including 24, Firefly and CSI.

Not only is the good doctor misogynistic, but he

This show is even better in HDTV!!!

I even bought and HDTV TiVo just so I could record Medium and time shift it so I don't have to rush home to watch it. I don't know people without TiVo survive.

Medium

by Paula Paige

January 17, 2007: The Whole Truth

Our Medium has to find out how the death of a well-respected assemblyman and a young boy stuck in a deep well are connected. And I believe the Rolling Stones can help. I loved that the Stones spoke to Allison! It was like God and the burning bush speaking to Moses.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOG

Medium

by Paula Paige

January 24, 2007: Better Off Dead

The music in the beginning of tonight's show is fantastic! Romping fun. An older man runs through the streets of the city, shoeless and in his underwear. He

As animal lover, I loved having the dog on this last episode. I was hoping the dog was going to be added to the cast.

While at lunch with our team today, we walked past the Humain society adoption store. I couldn't go in, it is just so sad to see all those animals wanting homes. It is like looking in and seeing a bunch of kids without homes.

I was totally creeped out by this episode. Not the fact that a boy loved his doll, more power to him. But it just had to many resemblances to Chucky and Bride of Chucky. :fear: Don't get me wrong I love a horror movie but there is just something about dolls coming to life and killing that gets to me. HMMMMM (Well, isn't that what makes it a good show?)

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Medium

by Paula Paige

January 30, 2007: Very Merry Maggie

"Very Creepy Maggie" would have been more appropriate, if you ask me. God, I love this show. Just when there

Medium

by Paula Paige

February 7, 2007: Apocalypse, Push

Or, as this episode is otherwise known as, "Alive and Tearing It Up." Tonight starred our favorite Texas Ranger Captain Push, the incomparable (Arliss Howard, who is married to Debra Winger) as the dreamer.

I kept saying "poor Joe!!" He was fantastic with all that was going on. Loved the daughter calling mom's cell phone....priceless.

Medium

by Paula Paige February 14, 2007:

Medium

by Paula Paige

February 21, 2007

Medium

by Paula Paige

February 28, 2007:

Medium

by Paula Paige

March 7, 2007:

Courteys of: TV GUIDE, TODAY NEWS: OUR TAKE

Prime-time Premonition: NBC Brings Back Medium

Today the Peacock announced that it has renewed Medium for a fourth season. Although series star Patricia Arquette has won critical acclaim and an Emmy for her work as a multitasking medium/mom, the show has struggled in the ratings. The number of new episodes has yet to be revealed, but we suspect Allison Dubois will have a dream about that very subject this evening.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV GUIDE NEWS

Sofia Vassilieva Chats About Medium

It may be tough being a teen in real life, but playing one on TV is a whole different story. We caught up with Sofia Vassilieva, who plays Ariel Dubois on Medium, at CBS/Paramount's "Mix It Up with Young Stars" event on June 29 at the Lucky Strike in Hollywood, to chat about her life on and off the set and what's next for her character.

TV Guide: What's coming up for you next season?

Vassilieva: Actually, nothing. Nothing yet. It's all going to be a shock for me.

TV Guide: When will you get a script?

Vassilieva: I think I'll get a script in about two weeks. Because we usually get a script about two weeks before we shoot and then we'll see what happens. The first episode usually dictates what happens. So I'm really excited but it's as much a shock to me as it is to everybody else. I'm really like, "Surprise me" right now.

TV Guide: How do you feel your character has developed?

Vassilieva: She's grown up. When we first started the show she was young and sweet and now she's developed into things that teenagers deal with

Yeah!!! it is comng back. Love this show!!!

I still love ths show :cheshire:

I didn't know it was based on real life. I love this show too.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Real-life Medium Allison DuBois Shares Secrets to a Happy Life

by Craig Tomashoff

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

070926int4allisondubois.jpg

Allison DuBois

So far, Allison DuBois' life as a medium has been well done. Not only is she the inspiration for the hit NBC series Medium, featuring Patricia Arquette as a barely fictionalized version of her, but she's also an accomplished author. With her third book, Secrets of the Monarch: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Living a Better Life, hitting stores this week, TVGuide.com talked to DuBois about living life as a medium and what everyone should be doing to feel more fulfilled.

TVGuide.com: Secrets of the Monarch is your third book. What is it about?

Allison DuBois: My first book was more about my childhood and how losing my father impacted me. My second book was more about people who lost a loved one and how I gave them a voice. It was advice for others who lost somebody. This book is about what the dead can teach us about living a better life.

TVGuide.com: What can they teach us?

DuBois: To not take everything so personally, and connect with other people without fearing rejection. Take risks in life. I talk about how some of the cases I've worked on the past few years have made me reassess my life and what I want to do with it.

TVGuide.com: What were some of those life changes?

DuBois: Doing Medium was a risk for me. Putting my life out there, exposing my family, was difficult. Some people have stage fright, but try having this be your life. But thanks to the show, I've learned to be up front and comfortable with myself and honest about who I am. I also created this list of things to do before I die. One of them was to crash a wedding. Which I just did. I was in Colorado for someone else's wedding. At our hotel, I literally said, "It's a sign." So I went, ate the chocolate-dipped strawberries and had a great time. Nobody knew who I was. I could have been kicked out. But it made me happy. I also always wanted to have a drink with Jimmy Buffett. So I did that with him. It was just on the phone, but it still counts. A friend of mine who knew him set it up on the phone, so I drank a martini while we talked.

TVGuide.com: What's on the list that you haven't gotten to yet?

DuBois: I want to go to Ireland and roll down a hill of clovers. It may not seem like much, but when you do one small thing, 10 other big things can happen as a rippling effect. If there's more meaning to the hill of clovers, I don't know yet. But we all just have to follow our sense of what we want to be and it'll take us where we are supposed to be. Live for today because tomorrow is not always going to be there. Make your own list. Check off a few things each year and don't apologize for anything on it. It's your list!

TVGuide.com: How has your life changed since Medium went on the air?

DuBois: People started calling my name in public. You're used to it being somebody you know and now it's a stranger, a fan, somebody who saw me on Oprah or read one of my books. It took some getting used to. Before, when somebody was staring at me, I thought there was something on my face. Now, it's about something else.

TVGuide.com: What sorts of things do people want to talk to you about?

DuBois: I get a lot of letters from people talking about things I know nothing about. People talk about little green men. They send me hair in the mail, so I can read them. I've also had people put tinfoil on their head to stop me from reading them, and I like to tell them that won't stop me. I don't get as many funny letters as I'd like to get. There was one from someone who said we were married seven lifetimes ago.

TVGuide.com: Do people get you confused with Patricia Arquette?

DuBois: I don't mind when that happens because Patricia is much calmer on the show than I am in real life. She's the calmer version of the real Allison. I'm trying to learn from her on the show, to not take things so personally and not get so upset about things.

TVGuide.com: Do people have a mistaken idea of what a professional medium is going to be like?

DuBois: I think I've broken the stereotype of what a medium is. I don't have 13 cats and daggerlike nails. We can drink beer and have friends.