Sign in to follow this  
Jem

'Medium'

I agree XS... this show rocks!!! And the hubby too!!! I love how they work out there differences as they come to deal with this ability she has and the impact on her family. There both imperfect... wow, just like the rest of us. :D

I love this show... I about died last night when he said people lse their parents cause he cant take her talking to his dad... I have said it once I will say it again... My dead Father in Law in by bed or shower and I swear I would scream and poke my eyes out....

Guest Stewie

This is one of the worst shows I have ever had the displeasure of watching, The acting is stiff, the writing is laughable and I'd love to smack whoever came up with the idea of ever giving Patricia Arquette another acting job. The best thing about this show is the ending credits. :twisted:

That's it Stewie don't make me beat you down.... You are not allowed to dis my Medium.... I am so going to tell Moody to take you down and I don't mean in a good way either... :evil:

Guest Stewie

My dream is to have Moody beat me senseless :P

I was tired on Monday night when Medium was on, I got through half the show, a comercial came on, I closed my eyes for a second, then woke up for the ending credits. I was bummed.

Mrs. P you are starting to worry me, :( You are sleeping through all the good shows. This and GG. I hope you catch up on some sleep and are able to watch next weeks shows.

Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Hot List' on TVGuide.com. Here's what's happening on Tonight's NEW episode:

Medium

10 pm/ET, NBC

Medium's Allison (Patricia Arquette) deals with what may be the most gruesome crime of her career when she has a dream about a teenager who was butchered by a doctor. When the psychic visits a convicted medico in jail, however, she discovers the bizarre truth behind the teen's death.

The opening of last nights eppy was so eerie, I jumped up to tell my husband he's lucky I was taping it for him cause it was one of the best opening's (in a psycho kind of way) I've seen in a long time... definetly got my attention. But, about 1/4 way through I became increasingly disappointed and the ending just downright sucked, in my opinion. But, the show still rocks... :D

Guest XandraSkye

Yeah, it definitely wasn't my favorite episode so far. But it's still an excellent show. Even "Lost" has had a few lackluster episodes.

Medium</span>

Here's an interesting concept: serial killers are just regular people who happen to become haunted by the spirits of psychopaths. (I guess Allison is lucky that the voices she hears are "normal," huh? Seems like a fine line, now doesn't it? Even the crazy British doctor pointed that out that she was sensitive in a different way. I wish she hadn't blown that off.) What's truly sad about this idea is the randomness of it. Doctors become afflicted. So do little girls. In that case, Allison fights back and wins. So there is some hope. There's a lot of cool stuff here, but too much of it got buried within Allison's dreams, arguments with her husband and visits to the psychiatric prison. And while I loved the side story about Ariel "guessing" the number of pennies in the jar (yes, we know, she has "the gift"), it just doesn't fit into this ep. Just like Allison, the show needs to focus on one thing at a time.

The opening of last nights eppy was so eerie, I jumped up to tell my husband he's lucky I was taping it for him cause it was one of the best opening's (in a psycho kind of way) I've seen in a long time... definetly got my attention.  But, about 1/4 way through I became increasingly disappointed and the ending just downright sucked, in my opinion.  But, the show still rocks...  :D

I totally agree. The opening gave me goosebumps!!

It's good to hear I wasn't the only one a little disappointed in last night show.

I love the show but I have to agree, last nights show wasn't the greatest. But I am sure the next show will be much better.

Guest XandraSkye
Which isn't for another two weeks. Some stupid Hercules movie is on next week. :x

I enjoyed last nights show but to be honest everything is a let down for me after watching 24. That show just keeps me on the edge of my seat so Medium for me seems hollow after that.

Which isn't for another two weeks.  Some stupic Hercules movie is on next week.  :x

Doh stupid mini series lol lol lol :D

Guest Stewie

Okay, I watched the show again the other night and I have to agree with you guys, this show really does suck ass with a capital S. :lol:

Ok that is it Stewie ... I am so gonna take you out... watch out I might come to Boston this summer just to take you down.... :twisted:

Guest XandraSkye
I enjoyed last nights show but to be honest everything is a let down for me after watching 24.  That show just keeps me on the edge of my seat so Medium for me seems hollow after that.

That's interesting. I stopped watching "24" because I totally lost interest.

I LOVE MEDIUM!!!

Skye -- I like Medium but I've never been a big believer in the whole I see dead people stuff, so for me this show treads a thin line. When it goes over that line, straining credulity, its not as good for me. The husband also grates on my last good nerve on occassion. His line delivery can be so flat.

I agree 24 was getting stale, but they really revamped the show this season. Jack is always awesome, but what really makes the show is when they have good villians. (I think thats true of Medium too, when the villians are good I enjoy it more) This years villians are really engaging -- they really picked talented people this year that you could really see giving Jack a run for his money.

I also think Medium sometimes veers off too far on the subplots. 24 is usually more effective at keeping its subplots tied to the main plot. A good example of that, and I think someone else mentioned this,

was the guessing the contents of the jar story with the teacher. It really broke up the story of the dissecting doctors with no real reason.

Guest XandraSkye
Skye -- I like Medium but I've never been a big believer in the whole I see dead people stuff, so for me this show treads a thin line.  When it goes over that line, straining credulity, its not as good for me.  The husband also grates on my last good nerve on occassion.  His line delivery can be so flat.

And I'm just the opposite. I've always believed in that sort of stuff. I especially believe it more now that Allison DuBois is a real person who really has that gift. I read up on her on her website and it's fascinating.

I love the husband! He's part of the reason I love the show so much.

Skye -- I like Medium but I've never been a big believer in the whole I see dead people stuff, so for me this show treads a thin line.  When it goes over that line, straining credulity, its not as good for me.  The husband also grates on my last good nerve on occassion.  His line delivery can be so flat.

And I'm just the opposite. I've always believed in that sort of stuff. I especially believe it more now that Allison DuBois is a real person who really has that gift. I read up on her on her website and it's fascinating.

I love the husband! He's part of the reason I love the show so much.

Please give us the address???