Sign in to follow this  
Jem

'Medium'

'Medium' Gets Rare Early Renewal

gallery_kevinfoley2.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Averaging 15.7 million viewers through its first four airings, there was little doubt that NBC would bring "Medium" back for the 2005-06. In a somewhat unusual move, the network made the early announcement on Friday ( Jan. 28 ) that the mysterious drama will be back for 22 episodes next fall. "With Glenn Gordon Caron's flair for developing characters, Patricia Arquette's winning performance and a unique concept for television, 'Medium' has resonated with viewers," says NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly. "We are looking forward to more provocative stories from Caron through this year and into a second season as well."

"Medium" stars Arquette as Allison DuBois, a real-life mother of three who has to balance her domestic life with her ability to communicate with dead people, see the future in her dreams and read thoughts. The drama co-stars Miguel Sandoval and Jake Weber. Caron ("Moonlighting") created the series and executive produces along with Kelsey Grammer, Steve Stark and Ronald L. Schwary.

The series has doubled NBC's time period audience from earlier in the season and has settled in as one of the season's Top 15 programs in the network's desired 18-49 demographic.

In addition to ordering up a full season for next year, NBC has asked the "Medium" producers for three additional episodes this spring, bring the series order to 16.

Guest XandraSkye

I love this show!!!! It has become my fav of the new season.

I thought Monday's episode was really good. I love how each week she uses her ability in a different way.

I watch it every week now. I love that kind of stuff. I believe in that kind of stuff. The train eposide was a good one this week. It is so unpredictable.

Last night's eppy had me guessing. At first i taught the hubby had killed her, then it "showed" that the girl had killed that lady. I thought I had it all solved, but then that lady comes and says it was her, and that she planned the entire "murder''.

Guest XandraSkye
I could cure cancer and my spouse would just say, oh thats nice, whats for dinner?
:rofl That was classic, Patsy. I actually laughed out loud on that one.

*wipes laughing tears from eyes

I guess I find it so funny because I know it's true.

I also never miss this show, because it's so captivating.

I do have one small problem with this last episode, but the mark of a truly good TV show or movie is that you are willing to let those little problems slide, because it's just so good.

The problem I had with it is this:

That's ok, I'm willing to suspend my belief, like I did with

Guest XandraSkye
The problem I had with it is this:

I thought the same thing. It did seem a little far fetched. Of course, maybe in the 60's people weren't so forensics/court savvy because there weren't shows like CSI and Law & Order on the air. <shrugs> Who knows? I still love the show no matter what flaws it may have.

I thought the show was interesting. I like every eposide so far. It's a nice change from all the CSI/Law & Order kind of stuff that I really don't care for.

Has anyone seen the cover of next week's TV GUIDE ? Guess who is on the cover ???

Guest XandraSkye

It was a good article.

Two weeks in a row without an episode. I'm dying over here!

Monday April 11th, Medium won't be seen on NBC, because of Miss USA 2005. In Canada, CTV will air a repeat episode; "Night of the Wolf".

Guest XandraSkye

I just checked the listings on TVGuide.com and next week (4/18/05 ) is a repeat of Medium. Grrrr. :evil:

Now I know how everyone feels when there are repeats of Lost or Desperate Housewives. :P

And here I was looking forward to a new episode! :(

Not tonite !!!!!! :(:(:(

New Eppy Tom.!
YAY! I really like this show. :D

Sorry it looks like its not all new..

SUSPICIONS AND CERTAINTIES

10pm 2005-04-18

ALLISON QUESTIONS HER POWERS AFTER SHE HELPS PUT A DEMENTED MURDERER ON DEATH ROW-- Allison (Patricia Arquette) finally gets a call from her old boss, D.A. Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), who needs her help in selecting a jury who will return the death penalty for a twisted murderer/rapist. Initially, she is certain of her power to do good, but Allison suffers a crisis of confidence when she suspects she

:( Ho Hum.... I'll watch it anyway. Thanks unknown. :wink:

BEING MRS. O'LEARY'S COW

10pm 2005-04-25 ALL NEW!

CHAD LOWE STARS AS AN AIRLINE PILOT WHOSE WIFE MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARS - Allison (Patricia Arquette) is caught in a moral dilemma when she has to decide whether to help investigators build a case against a cocky airline pilot (guest star Chad Lowe) suspected of murdering his wife. Jake Weber, Miguel Sandoval, David Cubitt, Sofia Vassilieva and Maria Lark also star. TV-14

This time it IS new :oops:

Guest InvisiG

I watched my first episode ever this week and I was so suprised by how much I liked the show! I've always kind of disliked Partricia Arquette before and this show has changed my mind about her completely. Her character is very real and her acting is superb. The husband character does come off a little annoying and unsupportive...but in this episode he redeemed himself by bragging about his wife at the end to his coworkers. I look forward to more episodes.

Guest XandraSkye
Her character is very real and her acting is superb.  The husband character does come off a little annoying and unsupportive...but in this episode he redeemed himself by bragging about his wife at the end to his coworkers. I look forward to more episodes.

Allison DuBois IS a real person and psychic. The show is based on her life.

I disagree about her husband, I think he's very supportive. It can't be easy being married to someone who "knows" things, especially when that 'gift' is not believed by most people.

Guest XandraSkye

Another good episode last night. I was yelling at my TV screen "Let the Bastard rot in jail!!!" But then they found the little girls body and his butt ended back up in there anyway. YEAH! Maybe justice is served...sometimes.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!