Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Ex-'Survivor' (17 - Gabon) Crystal Cox admits to steroids

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,811 posts

U.S. gold medal relay member in 2004 admits to doping

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) -- A member of the 1,600-meter gold-medal relay team at the Athens Olympics has accepted a four-year suspension and disqualification of her results for doping.

Crystal Cox, who ran in the preliminaries for the American team led by Sanya Richards, admitted to using anabolic steroids and agreed to the penalty Friday, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency said.

She almost certainly will have her gold medal stripped, while the consequences for her teammates aren't yet known. Richards ran the final along with Dee Dee Trotter, Monique Henderson and Monique Hennegan. Moushaumi Robinson joined Cox in the preliminary heat.

Russia finished second in the 2004 relay and Jamaica finished third.

Marion Jones' relay teammates from the Sydney Games lost their medals after Jones admitted to doping, but they're fighting to have them restored.

A relay gold medalist from the same year, Jerome Young, was stripped of his medal for doping, but a move to strip the entire team was rejected. Young only ran in the preliminary for the 1,600-meter team.

USADA chief executive officer Travis Tygart said he didn't know how the Cox case would affect her teammates.

"You've got to give her credit for accepting responsibility," he said. "But hopefully this sends a strong message that if you're going to succumb to the temptation, you have to remember the terrible position you're putting your teammates in."

The Cox admission came after an investigation that was triggered by information from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative case.

Cox, who appeared on the TV show "Survivor: Gabon," is suspended through January 2014, though the biggest penalty will be the forfeiture of results from 2001 to 2004, the time she admitted using anabolic steroids.

USA Track and Field spokeswoman Jill Geer said the federation would respect whatever decision the International Olympic Committee makes about the remaining medals.

"Unfortunately, when one athlete cheats, all the other athletes lose out, whether it's their teammates or their competitors," Geer said. "They're all cheated out of something."
Source: http://sportsillustr....html?eref=sihp

Ex-'Survivor' Crystal Cox admits to steroids, likely to lose Olympic gold

Crystal Cox was unable to win Survivor gold, and now the track athlete is likely to lose her Olympic gold too.

The former Survivor: Gabon castaway admitted to using anabolic steroids and has agreed to a four-year suspension and forfeiture of results from 2001 to 2004, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced Friday.

"You've got to give her credit for accepting responsibility," USADA chief executive officer Travis Tygart told The Associated Press.

"But hopefully this sends a strong message that if you're going to succumb to the temptation, you have to remember the terrible position you're putting your teammates in."

Cox won gold after she ran in the preliminaries for the U.S.' 1,600-meter relay team at the Athens Olympics in 2004 but will likely lose that medal for her doping admission, according to The Associated Press, which added it is unknown what the consequence will be for her teammates.

Cox's admission came following an investigation started by information from the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative case.

"Unfortunately, when one athlete cheats, all the other athletes lose out, whether it's their teammates or their competitors," USA Track and Field spokeswoman Jill Geer told The Associated Press. "They're all cheated out of something."

Cox was the thirteenth castaway eliminated from Survivor: Gabon during the Fall 2008 season of the CBS reality competition.
Source: http://www.realitytv...-gold-10329.php

QUOTE (SugarB @ Dec 16 2008, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the record, she ran a preliminary heat in the olympic relay - which means she got the medal, even though she didn't run in the final. True, it is a great accomplishment to even get to the olympics, but she wasn't all that and a bag of chips.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Why am I not surprised? I couldn't stand her. She was lazy and pretty much useless in challenges and around camp.

TML

TML

• Pip
  • 1,330 posts
I guess we know why she sucked in challenges.

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
I wondered about her right from the start when she couldn't climb the hill on the first night. I thought that was very odd for someone who used to be an Olympic champion. She practically gave up and needed help. Sad.

Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts
QUOTE (Iris @ Feb 2 2010, 09:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wondered about her right from the start when she couldn't climb the hill on the first night. I thought that was very odd for someone who used to be an Olympic champion. She practically gave up and needed help. Sad.

lol yeah she was a waste of space.

stevea11

stevea11

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,674 posts
Your right Iris, she was sluggish trying to get up that hill. Even though her gold medal win was a couple of years before she was on survivor you would think one would keep themselves in better shape. I guess after the Olympics she stopped juicing and her leg muscles turned into junk in her trunk! animated_rotfl.gif

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
animated_rotfl.gif Love it!!

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
QUOTE (stevea11 @ Feb 2 2010, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your right Iris, she was sluggish trying to get up that hill. Even though her gold medal win was a couple of years before she was on survivor you would think one would keep themselves in better shape. I guess after the Olympics she stopped juicing and her leg muscles turned into junk in her trunk! animated_rotfl.gif

It wasn't her physical shape that bothered me so much as her ease of giving up. She didn't seem to try that hard and it's unusual for a former Olympic champion to just give up. Maybe her use of steroids in the Olympics means she really didn't put in much effort there either.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
dang,,, she was my favorite from that season!! best moment in survivor history... well one of them... is when she was yelling at the camera during tribal council about randy!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Ha! Now that makes me happy. I couldn't stand her.

ChiefSlapaho

ChiefSlapaho

• Pip
  • 469 posts
I guess she forgot to dope up before survivor...I knew she was a loser from day one when she couldn't make it up the hill...

stevea11

stevea11

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,674 posts
QUOTE (ChiefSlapaho @ Feb 11 2010, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess she forgot to dope up before survivor...I knew she was a loser from day one when she couldn't make it up the hill...

Nice to see you back Chief.

kacio

kacio

• Pip
  • 48 posts
KING123; "dang,,, she was my favorite from that season!! best moment in survivor history... well one of them... is when she was yelling at the camera during tribal council about randy!"

I could not agree more!! My favorite TC of all time. To this day its one of the funniest things I have ever seen. LOVED IT!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users