Jody and Shannon...Philiminated 2/21

JodyandShannon.jpg

Jody and Shannon

Grandmother/Granddaughter

Jody Kelly

Hometown: Round Rock, Texas

Connection to your Teammate: Grandmother

Current Occupation: Personal Trainer

Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes her clothing choices seem a bit too revealing

Favorite Hobbies: Triathlons, writing, reading and challenging myself

Achievements: Other than giving birth to my four children, I am most proud of leaving behind my sedentary lifestyle five years ago and starting to live a healthy, athletic lifestyle

Lifelong to do List: Finish a half ironman triathlon. Finish a full marathon. Publish another book. Motivate people to become active. Climb more Colorado mountains. Walk the Appalachian Trail. Go trekking in Norway. Bicycle through the Netherlands. Develop a TV show featuring elderly athletes

If I could switch places with someone: It might be fun to be Carol Burnett for half a day, but then I'd want to come home

Role Model/Hero: Sister Madonna Buder who finished the Kona ironman at age 78.

What are you passionate about? I'm passionate about giving hope to people who think they can't change and helping them improve their lives

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Donate half to the Strengthmobile Foundation and spend the other half on a 500-square foot condominium within a mile of Lady Bird Lake in Austin, Texas

People would be surprised to learn: For two years in the mid 1990s, I performed amateur stand-up comedy to compensate for a really grim period I was going through

Favorite place you have ever visited: Rural Ireland and Hua Hin, Thailand

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Communicating and working together as a team

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? As the oldest person who has ever participated in the Race, I hope to show that age is more than a number

Shannon Foster

Hometown: Georgetown, Texas

Connection to your Teammate: Granddaughter

Current Occupation: Healthcare Outreach Contract Analyst

Pet peeve about your teammate: Grandma can get a bit uptight at times and has a tendency to get carried away

Favorite Hobbies: Running, dancing and swimming

Achievements: Getting my degree in Economics from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas

Lifelong to do List: Run a marathon, earn a medical degree or physician assistant degree and join Doctors Without Borders

If I could switch places with someone: I would never switch places with someone

Role Model/Hero: All the strong-willed and capable women that I am related to -- my mom, grandma and great-grandma

What are you passionate about? Staying fit and healthy and helping others do the same

What would you do if you won the million dollars? I would backpack across Southeast Asia

People would be surprised to learn: I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from eight months old until I was almost 10-years-old

Favorite place you have ever visited: Either Angkor Wat in Cambodia or the Great Wall of China

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Making quick decisions without my Mom acting as a middleman

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? To get a chance to travel with my grandma and to have an opportunity to practice making decisions in a fast-paced and competitive environment

CBS

I watched the video on people with these two, and dang, grandma is a tough grandma!

Grandma is tough for sure! I still don't see them getting that far though, no matter how fit she is.

"Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes her clothing choices seem a bit too revealing"

We can hope!

I like them. I think we may be surprised to see them in the end.

"Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes her clothing choices seem a bit too revealing"

We can hope!

I like them. I think we may be surprised to see them in the end.

You really think Grams can make it to the end? I mean, it would be awesome to see her do it but I just can't see it happening; old people always underestimate the race. (from the few seasons I've seen)

You really think Grams can make it to the end? I mean, it would be awesome to see her do it but I just can't see it happening; old people always underestimate the race. (from the few seasons I've seen)

Well one of her hobbies is triathalons. She's no ordinary grandma. Anything too hard her granddaughter can do, but I think this granny will take a lot of people by surprise. This is just the kind of team you want to root for.

Gotta dig Grandma! Maybe cause I'm one and my granddaughter begging me to do this now! Of course she also says, Gma, you must get in shape first....like that's going to happen soon!

People would be surprised to learn: For two years in the mid 1990s, I performed amateur stand-up comedy to compensate for a really grim period I was going through

This is one amazing grandma! Although I don't have hopes of them making it far, I hope they do.

Grandma did pretty good last night! She is definitely a tough lady. I think they'll last a few legs maybe, but I don't see them going farther than that. But I think it's awesome that her Grand Daughter can have the memory of running the race with her for the rest of her life.

I felt bad that she got kicked in the head by that cow, but dang, was she taking her time on that challenge or what? I was thinking step it up Granny or you're going home, and sure enough....

What a sweet granddaughter/grandmother team- I'm glad they made it past the first leg too but I bet the producers breathed a huge sigh of relief when they were last tonight for fear of something happening to her if she stayed on the show. That has to be a concern.

I felt bad that she got kicked in the head by that cow, but dang, was she taking her time on that challenge or what? I was thinking step it up Granny or you're going home, and sure enough....

I know! That was so sad. I think it's probably better for her to be out of the race, and she can walk away knowing she wasn't out first.

I expected much more from them. Sweet team, but just didn't have it together. I'm glad they had fun. Don't worry about grandma she's tough.

I'm glad I'm not one of her grandchildren especially when grandma said that she admired this grandchild the most. I'm hoping that the other grandchildren are losers because that would have probably hurt my feelings.

I'm glad I'm not one of her grandchildren especially when grandma said that she admired this grandchild the most. I'm hoping that the other grandchildren are losers because that would have probably hurt my feelings.

That's exactly what I was thinking, BBinSavannah. I sure hope she doesn't have any other grandchildren, like someone else just said. That was just cold-blooded if she does.

Her exact words were that Shannon was the grandchild that she knew the best and admired the most... so I would think she has more.... I turned to my hubby and said she should have just said... she is my favorite grandchild and got it over with