Sign in to follow this  
a_starry_night

The Lovely Bones

Raped and murdered from the start, this movie has some tough stuff in it. So is it too much? I loved the book and thought it was written well and dealt with the topic well. But when visualizing it, it's so different. Comes out Friday, so I'll have to find out. The reviews have been mixed. Has anyone here seen it yet (it was released early some places)?

Hoping to see it this weekend. Heard they leave out a bunch of (important) stuff something to do with the producers (religious) beliefs & that he wants his 13 yr old to be able to watch it. Hate when a movie is so different than the book

I heard they kept very close to the book, but don't get your hopes up. Movies never measure up to their book counterparts, in my opinion.

My mom really loves this book and told me I should see it but I just don't think I can, it's too much for me.

It's not hard to watch like I thought it would be. It's not about her rape and death, they don't show her being raped or murdered at all. It's more about death itself. It made me cry, it's so beautiful and meaningful.