Ivette being a racist

RishiBoy

Guest sara-is-hot
[ Is it just your choice or do I get a choice as well? I hear the n word on cable TV all the time. Are you going to censor hbo?

It's NOT choice it's the law. You need to read up on the rules and regulations of the FCC. Big Brother is a television show and is governed by the FCC. Didn't you see that in my previous post? It has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution, it has to do with the FCC. I don't know how to make that any clearer to you. FCC.

HBO and other pay for cable stations must be breaking the law daily then because the Nword is on those channels all the time. You better go report them.

Pay cable is not subject to the same FCC regulations. "Free" cable is.

Neither is Pay internet! :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from NY as well. Brn in Brooklyn and grew up on the Island (Smithtown).  Near me - Holbrook!!

I totally agree about free speech, but it amazes me that none of them seem to remember that they are being watched 24/7.  They don't seem to have a whole lot of common sense. 

Guest voiceofreason
Please...censorship.  These people signed contracts filled with things that tell them what they can do and say.  They are not in the normal world.  They are on a TV program.  Different rules can so apply there.  If people don't care, then that's fine.  But if people do, they can let CBS know, and CBS can at least tell her to shut the hell up.  Frankly, I cannot see myself watching that loudmouthed twit get closer to money that I am essentially responsable for providing.  And I won't.  The longer I have to listen to crap like this, the less likely I am to watch.  ANd I think that they deserve to know that.  Isolated incident...fine.  But camel jockey...sand n*gger...blah, blah, blah.  This would never be tolerated for any other ethnic group.  Could you see Howie not getting in trouble if he called beau n*gger, etc, etc.

It's like racism against Muslims is not such a big deal or something (and I know, I'm now referring to society at largte, not just the BB house.  But let's just say that the BB house is often a good window for society at large)

This bears repeating for someone. Free speech is governed by rules. If someone from NBC, ABC, or CBS news made racist comments on the evening news, they would be fired in a second. Is that a violation of the first ammendment? Anyone with a basic understanding of civics would say no.

[ Is it just your choice or do I get a choice as well? I hear the n word on cable TV all the time. Are you going to censor hbo?

It's NOT choice it's the law. You need to read up on the rules and regulations of the FCC. Big Brother is a television show and is governed by the FCC. Didn't you see that in my previous post? It has NOTHING to do with the US Constitution, it has to do with the FCC. I don't know how to make that any clearer to you. FCC.

HBO and other pay for cable stations must be breaking the law daily then because the Nword is on those channels all the time. You better go report them.

Doesn't mean I can't bitch to CBS. It's that same free speech you love.

And Idoubt a company like CBS will risk dollars for her. As I said, I'm sure she signed a contract with a rather open "bad behaviour" clause. This could constitute as bad behaviour just as easily as BB4's Scott's was.

Boot the witch, I say.

Guest sara-is-hot
I'm from NY as well. Brn in Brooklyn and grew up on the Island (Smithtown).  Near me - Holbrook!!

I totally agree about free speech, but it amazes me that none of them seem to remember that they are being watched 24/7.  They don't seem to have a whole lot of common sense. 

I'm not real familar with Holbrook. Is that all the way east towards Riverhead or is it Nassau county? I was exit 56 on the Long Island expressway

Guest sara-is-hot

Please...censorship.  These people signed contracts filled with things that tell them what they can do and say.  They are not in the normal world.  They are on a TV program.  Different rules can so apply there.  If people don't care, then that's fine.  But if people do, they can let CBS know, and CBS can at least tell her to shut the hell up.  Frankly, I cannot see myself watching that loudmouthed twit get closer to money that I am essentially responsable for providing.  And I won't.  The longer I have to listen to crap like this, the less likely I am to watch.  ANd I think that they deserve to know that.  Isolated incident...fine.  But camel jockey...sand n*gger...blah, blah, blah.  This would never be tolerated for any other ethnic group.  Could you see Howie not getting in trouble if he called beau n*gger, etc, etc.

It's like racism against Muslims is not such a big deal or something (and I know, I'm now referring to society at largte, not just the BB house.  But let's just say that the BB house is often a good window for society at large)

This bears repeating for someone. Free speech is governed by rules. If someone from NBC, ABC, or CBS news made racist comments on the evening news, they would be fired in a second. Is that a violation of the first ammendment? Anyone with a basic understanding of civics would say no.

The internet is not public TV Airways. Are you being censored right now by the FCC? The live feeds do not go on TV uncesored just on the internet uncensored to people that have voluntarily paid for uncensored feeds.

Guest sara-is-hot

Doesn't mean I can't bitch to CBS. It's that same free speech you love.

And Idoubt a company like CBS will risk dollars for her. As I said, I'm sure she signed a contract with a rather open "bad behaviour" clause. This could constitute as bad behaviour just as easily as BB4's Scott's was.

Boot the witch, I say.

Exactly you have every right to give your opinion. I may disagree but I would fight for you to have that right.

Guest sara-is-hot
Sara-is-hot, I like you, BTW... I love a good debate. :D

Thanks I really appreciate that. It is always good for 2 people to be able to discuss and debate as adults and if need be agree to disagree as adults.

I feel bad for the people that choose to call anyone they disagree with names.

Guest voiceofreason
The internet is not public TV Airways. Are you being censored right now by the FCC? The live feeds do not go on TV uncesored just on the internet uncensored to people that have voluntarily paid for uncensored feeds.

CBS is sponsering the whole thing. CBS probably has a company code of ethics. In its codes of ethics, it probably mentions something about not promoting racists views by giving air time to someone like IVETTE.

AND even it it doesn't have a code of ethics, it has every right to respond to complaints by its viewers/customers by kicking out Ivette if CBS feels broadcasting Ivette's comments goes against the company's ethical standards.

Sara-is-hot, I like you, BTW... I love a good debate. :D

Thanks I really appreciate that. It is always good for 2 people to be able to discuss and debate as adults and if need be agree to disagree as adults.

I feel bad for the people that choose to call anyone they disagree with names.

Bah... reasonable discussion means you actually get heard...even if you get disagreed with.

No point in uttering any words during an argument that make you look like an angry fool.

SOmeone needs to tell Ivette :lol:

Sara Is Hot, I think part of the reason that Ivette's comment is so outrageous is because of what Osama Bin Laden did to our country.  I live on Long Island in New York and I am sure you realize  that all of us were greatly affected by the actions of this man and his minions.  While making comments about being Ghetto, Barrio, etc. are disgusting, it is without a doubt that the comment comparing this Arab man to Osama feels much, much worse.  The charming Ivette  is calling someone equal to a killer, to someone who hates the western world enough, particularly the United States enough to have over 3000 innocent people killed in a matter of minutes.  Her comment has made it clear that she puts him in the same category.  So many Arab Americans and/or Muslims in our country are feeling the pain of this kind of discrimination.  In the atmosphere of our country and other countries that have suffered at the hands of the terrorists, it is a dangerous comment to make.  She is a sad sad creature and will undoubtedly feel the pain of her comments when she comes out of Big Brother.  Ivette must know that the live feeds are just that live.  Does she really think she will be patted on the back when she comes out? 

Gee, think Eric wants that around his kids - I really hope not. 

Freedom of Speech is a beautiful thing - but let's be honest - this is not what anyone really wants to hear do they?  Censorship sucks - but there has to be some middle ground here.  I don't know where it is, but hopefully it can be found.  I would like to think that CBS at least spoke to her about her comments and reminds her that it's a game - it's  not the World Trade Center.

I'm from NY as well. Brn in Brooklyn and grew up on the Island (Smithtown). You are right nobody wants to hear racism. I dont wnat to hear cursing or about Howies farts either. Nor Maggies dumps. Thats what free speech is all about. Sometimes you have to hear things you dont want to guarantee that your own voice wont be silenced. I hate seeing flag burners but I dont believe we risk our lives for freedom via wars and then do away with them ourselves. I hate the KKK and skin heads but I understand why they have to be given the right to speak as disgusting as what they have to say is. What Ivette says disgusts me. I have said that numerous times but my dad and grandad didnt fight in wars for our freedom just for me to watch others try to take it away. I may disagree 100% with what you have to say but I will fight for your right to say it.

[size=18]As for your last line you paraphrased it but it is "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." It is a quote and it should be in quotes because Voltaire said it. I posted it last week.

I'm just wondering are you the same person that made comments to someone on the board last week because they made Eric height jokes?

Go Kaysar. You rock my world!

Guest Baby Boo

CBS deciding to remove Ivette from the show in response to her actions is not censorship. They have that right. However, cutting to the fishes everytime she says a racial slur IS censorship.

Guest chyron1

CBS paid a rather hefty fine for Janet Jackson showing her breast during the Superbowl. There are RULES governing that. FCC is the agency that fined them. Different shows have different rules. You hear a lot of cursing on the "Soprano's"...but if your local anchorperson led off a newscast with "our top story is these terrorist mother fu**ers bombed the f**k out of London today....that station would be looking at fines. Get it now?

Guest sara-is-hot
CBS paid a rather hefty fine for Janet Jackson showing her breast during the Superbowl. There are RULES governing that. FCC is the agency that fined them. Different shows have different rules. You hear a lot of cursing on the "Soprano's"...but if your local anchorperson led off a nescast with "our top story is these terrorist mother fu**ers bombed the f**k out of London today....that station would be looking at fines. Get it now?

I completley understand the fcc rules. Apparently it is you that do not. Paid internet feeds are not censored by the FCC. Neither are pay cable chanells.

Sara Is Hot, I think part of the reason that Ivette's comment is so outrageous is because of what Osama Bin Laden did to our country.  I live on Long Island in New York and I am sure you realize  that all of us were greatly affected by the actions of this man and his minions.  While making comments about being Ghetto, Barrio, etc. are disgusting, it is without a doubt that the comment comparing this Arab man to Osama feels much, much worse.  The charming Ivette  is calling someone equal to a killer, to someone who hates the western world enough, particularly the United States enough to have over 3000 innocent people killed in a matter of minutes.  Her comment has made it clear that she puts him in the same category.  So many Arab Americans and/or Muslims in our country are feeling the pain of this kind of discrimination.  In the atmosphere of our country and other countries that have suffered at the hands of the terrorists, it is a dangerous comment to make.  She is a sad sad creature and will undoubtedly feel the pain of her comments when she comes out of Big Brother.  Ivette must know that the live feeds are just that live.  Does she really think she will be patted on the back when she comes out? 

Gee, think Eric wants that around his kids - I really hope not. 

Freedom of Speech is a beautiful thing - but let's be honest - this is not what anyone really wants to hear do they?  Censorship sucks - but there has to be some middle ground here.  I don't know where it is, but hopefully it can be found.  I would like to think that CBS at least spoke to her about her comments and reminds her that it's a game - it's  not the World Trade Center.

I'm from NY as well. Brn in Brooklyn and grew up on the Island (Smithtown). You are right nobody wants to hear racism. I dont wnat to hear cursing or about Howies farts either. Nor Maggies dumps. Thats what free speech is all about. Sometimes you have to hear things you dont want to guarantee that your own voice wont be silenced. I hate seeing flag burners but I dont believe we risk our lives for freedom via wars and then do away with them ourselves. I hate the KKK and skin heads but I understand why they have to be given the right to speak as disgusting as what they have to say is. What Ivette says disgusts me. I have said that numerous times but my dad and grandad didnt fight in wars for our freedom just for me to watch others try to take it away. I may disagree 100% with what you have to say but I will fight for your right to say it.

[size=18]As for your last line you paraphrased it but it is "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." It is a quote and it should be in quotes because Voltaire said it. I posted it last week.

I'm just wondering are you the same person that made comments to someone on the board last week because they made Eric height jokes?

Go Kaysar. You rock my world!

Guest sara-is-hot

Made comments?

I said I believe it is probably time people consider commentint on Eric's actions instead of his height. That God made Erics height and Eric did not have any control over his height but that Eric does have full control over his own actions and should be called on them.

I did not like all the comments about Erics height because I know there are many great short people in the world but 100% understood why people would not be happy with Erics actions.

Guest chyron1

I completley understand the fcc rules. Apparently it is you that do not. Paid internet feeds are not censored by the FCC. Neither are pay cable chanells.

Obviously you don't get it. Big Brother is neither a pay cable show, nor is it an internet show. It is a television show, and since it is a tv show, it is governed by the rules and regulations of the FCC. I would think that would be simple enough for anyone to understand. But you apparently don't understand, or just won't admit you're wrong, so this conversation is over.

Guest sara-is-hot
Obviously you don't get it. Big Brother is neither a pay cable show, nor is it an internet show. It is a television show, and since it is a tv show, it is governed by the rules and regulations of the FCC. I would think that would be simple enough for anyone to understand. But you apparently don't understand, or just won't admit you're wrong, so this conversation is over.

Sorry the paid internet feeds are not a TV show.

What goes on CBS is a TV show.

I figured that difference was obvious to anyone that could turn on a computer.

You also really should consider figuring out how to use the quote tab before repeatedly insulting other peoples intelligence.

You hear a lot of cursing on the "Soprano's"...but if your local anchorperson led off a newscast with "our top story is these terrorist mother fu**ers bombed the f**k out of London today....that station would be looking at fines. Get it now?

LMFAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

CBS deciding to remove Ivette from the show in response to her actions is not censorship. They have that right. However, cutting to the fishes everytime she says a racial slur IS censorship.

And I think that this is an excellent point

Guest voiceofreason
CBS is sponsering the whole thing. CBS probably has a company code of ethics. In its codes of ethics, it probably mentions something about not promoting racists views by giving air time to someone like IVETTE.

AND even it it doesn't have a code of ethics, it has every right to respond to complaints by its viewers/customers by kicking out Ivette if CBS feels broadcasting Ivette's comments goes against the company's ethical standards.

Am I wrong?

*sigh* Ok, I told myself in the middle of this thread that I was not going to respond, but I can't help myself. I am exercising my "free speech."

sara-is-hot, You are right. The internet is not censored. And maybe it shouldn't be. You are right about that. HOWEVER, Big Brother live feeds are sponsored and hosted by a local television station, CBS. I will guarantee you now that CBS would not want to endorse an internet website devoted to KKK demonstrations or any other extremist nutjob group that is similar to the KKK. There would be an uproar of boycotters and picketers, and people will stop watching that network. I promise you that. And obviously, CBS and Big Brother DOES have to abide by certain standards, even online, otherwise, why would they have to go to FISH every time the HG sing, or at certain other times for things they are not allowed to show the viewing public, even online?

So, yes, CBS is allowed to show that kind of stuff on the internet, the question is, do they want to? By allowing her to say those things in the name of CBS' Big Brother could give people the impression that that kind of talk is acceptable. Do they want to risk losing viewers because they are giving Ivette an outlet for her hate talk? I don't think so. But then again, maybe they do? See, that is the kind of thing people could start thinking about. And I think CBS should start realizing this. So, no, the internet shouldn't be censored, but it would be very simple to kick Ivette off the show because of her hate, in order to not risk their reputation with certain viewers. So, the question is not can they air it, the question is should they.

It is not as if Ivette has her own website and spews her words of hate all over it. She is taking advantage of an outlet provided and condoned by CBS and Big Brother, as long as they allow her to do it. This is a game show that we have the priviledge of watching off-air, not her personal website for making us listen to her hate filled racist comments. And that is exactly what she is turning it into.

As far as your argument about how Kaysar calls her a "ghetto" girl, um, she calls herself that all the time!!!! She is actually very proud of it! So, how is that even remotely close to the things she is saying about Kaysar? Everything she touches becomes "ghetto." Such as "ghetto" toast, "ghetto" slide, "getto" this, and "ghetto" that. Basically, she is calling Kaysar, and every other middle-easterner a murderer. She is not referring to where he lives, like he is with her. Oh yeah, if Kaysar was going around himself and calling himself a terrorist bomber, what do you think would happen, hmmm? That right there proves the difference in the name-calling. The name calling that she uses refers to every middle eastern, not just Kaysar. What Kaysar calls her may be mean, but what she says is racist. There is a HUGE difference about where the term is coming from. If Kaysar was calling Ivette derogatory names like (something I will not even repeat)... that referred to her being Latin, and thus being demeaning to everyone of Latino nationality, I can guarantee there would be an approar of complaints, even from me. Or if him or anyone else was CONSTANTLY calling Beau the N word, thus referring to every african-american as the same, he would be GONE. I know this for a fact.

Also it is important to point out the fact that we are at war with terrorists who make it their personal mission to murder innocent americans. So for Ivette to stand there in this time and say that Kaysar is one of "those" people makes her nothing but a disgusting human being. Kaysar, although born in Iraq, is an American citizen who just wants to play a game, and does not deserve that kind of treatment in any way, shape or form.

Ivette is a disgrace to all americans and american women in my opinion. If I were a CBS executive, I would be mortified at the things Ivette was saying about Kaysar. Her a$$ would be out that door so fast, she would'nt get a chance to say a word (and for her, that is pretty impossible!) She is a biggoted, racist, hypocritical lowlife. All her talk about how big her heart is and how she is just so full of morals, and sh*t like that. And as long as CBS, Big Brother, allows her to do it with no fear of consequence, then they are condoning her actions.

Wow, that was long.....

*sigh* Ok, I told myself in the middle of this thread that I was not going to respond, but I can't help myself. I am exercising my "free speech."

sara-is-hot, You are right. The internet is not censored. And maybe it shouldn't be. You are right about that. HOWEVER, Big Brother live feeds are sponsored and hosted by a local television station, CBS. I will guarantee you now that CBS would not want to endorse an internet website devoted to KKK demonstrations or any other extremist nutjob group that is similar to the KKK. There would be an uproar of boycotters and picketers, and people will stop watching that network. I promise you that. And obviously, CBS and Big Brother DOES have to abide by certain standards, even online, otherwise, why would they have to go to FISH every time the HG sing, or at certain other times for things they are not allowed to show the viewing public, even online?

So, yes, CBS is allowed to show that kind of stuff on the internet, the question is, do they want to? By allowing her to say those things in the name of CBS' Big Brother could give people the impression that that kind of talk is acceptable. Do they want to risk losing viewers because they are giving Ivette an outlet for her hate talk? I don't think so. But then again, maybe they do? See, that is the kind of thing people could start thinking about. And I think CBS should start realizing this. So, no, the internet shouldn't be censored, but it would be very simple to kick Ivette off the show because of her hate, in order to not risk their reputation with certain viewers. So, the question is not can they air it, the question is should they.

It is not as if Ivette has her own website and spews her words of hate all over it. She is taking advantage of an outlet provided and condoned by CBS and Big Brother, as long as they allow her to do it. This is a game show that we have the priviledge of watching off-air, not her personal website for making us listen to her hate filled racist comments. And that is exactly what she is turning it into.

As far as your argument about how Kaysar calls her a "ghetto" girl, um, she calls herself that all the time!!!! She is actually very proud of it! So, how is that even remotely close to the things she is saying about Kaysar? Everything she touches becomes "ghetto." Such as "ghetto" toast, "ghetto" slide, "getto" this, and "ghetto" that. Basically, she is calling Kaysar, and every other middle-easterner a murderer. She is not referring to where he lives, like he is with her. Oh yeah, if Kaysar was going around himself and calling himself a terrorist bomber, what do you think would happen, hmmm? That right there proves the difference in the name-calling. The name calling that she uses refers to every middle eastern, not just Kaysar. What Kaysar calls her may be mean, but what she says is racist. There is a HUGE difference about where the term is coming from. If Kaysar was calling Ivette derogatory names like (something I will not even repeat)... that referred to her being Latin, and thus being demeaning to everyone of Latino nationality, I can guarantee there would be an approar of complaints, even from me. Or if him or anyone else was CONSTANTLY calling Beau the N word, thus referring to every african-american as the same, he would be GONE. I know this for a fact.

Also it is important to point out the fact that we are at war with terrorists who make it their personal mission to murder innocent americans. So for Ivette to stand there in this time and say that Kaysar is one of "those" people makes her nothing but a disgusting human being. Kaysar, although born in Iraq, is an American citizen who just wants to play a game, and does not deserve that kind of treatment in any way, shape or form.

Ivette is a disgrace to all americans and american women in my opinion. If I were a CBS executive, I would be mortified at the things Ivette was saying about Kaysar. Her a$$ would be out that door so fast, she would'nt get a chance to say a word (and for her, that is pretty impossible!) She is a biggoted, racist, hypocritical lowlife. All her talk about how big her heart is and how she is just so full of morals, and sh*t like that. And as long as CBS, Big Brother, allows her to do it with no fear of consequence, then they are condoning her actions.

Wow, that was long.....

Wow, you're right .... that was long, but that was good. Couldn't have said it better myself!!!! She is a racist and a bigot. If it looks like a racist and a bigot, smells like a racist and a bigot, then it is a racist and a bigot .... and she is just that!

Wow, that was long.....

ummm...can you send that to CBS please? and then mention how many people will watch if they put in the twist of booting her ass...they might like that fact