Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Tom Westman

I definetly would have liked to have seen Mike. Remember he killed the pig? That was when Survivor was more about Surviving than making friends. But, I just think some people just don't want to come back or can't. I'm sure Hatch and Fairplay would have been chosen if they could make it.

Like Baron, I don't remember everyones names but I do remember Tom, to a degree.

At first I didn't think he would last too long because he was the "old man" on the tribe. But Tom realized that and managed to fit right in with the "kids".

People on his tribe came to respect him when he did well at comps and helped his tribe stay out of tribal counsel. He sort of became a father figure to some of them, even after the merge. Because of the way he carried himself he made it to the end and won. It was one of the few times that the person who deserved to win actually won. Hope he does well this season.

I love Tom. In looking at his thread I was like, "hey wait, where the hell is Marcus??" Is he on this season? omg, I'm feeling panic, I need to go scope out this Survivor thread...

I liked Tom's viewpoint on who to vote out last night. He was the only one who wanted to change the norm and vote the strategic players early. I think he was right. Keeping Cherie is dangerous and she doesn't add anything to the challenges. I wish he was able to convince the rest of the tribe.

I don't know how is really played out, but Tom is kind of a wimp when it comes to playing the strategic game. He waited until someone approached him about Sugar before he threw in the other option. I can understand him wanting to play under the radar, being previous winner and all. But if you don't campaign to get who you want out, you cannot complain when that peson gets you out.

Because his season tribe never lost a challenge, I guess he never had to play the game. He was never in danger of getting voted out early.

Don't forget about editing. They can make you look like a wimp or anything else they feel like. Tom is a pretty smart guy and may have already had alliances made. I would think that, at least in the beginning he would not be seen as a threat anymore than the other ego inflated 'hero's'. Sugar got the boot mainly for irritating people. Tom is a whole lot smarter than that and has a much more likable personality, which should help him.

I definitely applaude Tom in stepping up to defend Stephanie. Colby, as well. Tom didn't even have to voice his opinion, but he told James there were 3 to defend Stephanie and I thought it was great he spoke up and wasn't afraid of James.

Remember, this is a game. Winner gets a million bucks. Although I, as a human being, respect him for sticking up for Stephanie he just blew his chance at the money. So did Colby. They exposed their alliance and sealed their fate. How foolish could they be.

Remember, this is a game. Winner gets a million bucks. Although I, as a human being, respect him for sticking up for Stephanie he just blew his chance at the money. So did Colby. They exposed their alliance and sealed their fate. How foolish could they be.

Yeah. It's one thing to stand up for your ideals when it really matters, but doing it in Survivor won't buy you a new car or put your kids through college.

No Doubt... You called it bang on... However, I don't respect him for sticking up for Steph because everything James said was true and fair game.... Tom and Coby are morans...

I always liked Tom, but aligning with Steph was NOT a good move. I don't think he ever had a chance of winning, but I think he lessened his chances even more tonight.

Yah, I like him too, but that was a BAD move last night. Shot himself in the foot with that one.

Still love you Tom. I think they all outed themselves. There was no way around it. I think he is a strong player and still can work to bring JT and others over to his side.

Well, Tom managed to pull a rabbit out of his....er....sock tonight and save himself. Good for him. He managed to find a crack in their alliance (JT and Carie's mouth)

I just adore a good old fashioned blind side. :animated_bouncy:

Me too Steve, that was funny and I really dont care for Tom that much especially in his season, a tad too goody goody for me, but I did think tonight was ok "good for him"

I'm still a Tom fan. Not sure what will happen next for him (depends on who flips what direction next) but he's a good guy.

Loved it! But then, I always love a good blindside.

Tom is way up there on my all-time fav list. Good looking man, that Tom. Good man; too, I would bet.

I think Tom is a whiny pouty jerk... He figures everyone should play by his rules...

I think Tom is a whiny pouty jerk... He figures everyone should play by his rules...

No, cher, I think you are confusing Tom with Russell.

I am happy that Tom is still around but only because it was Cerie that went...she was really annoying me. I did like her final words...not bitterness just recognized JT's game play. I feel like I am supposed to be cheering for the Hero's just cause they are hero's but I am enjoying the villians so so much more!! I laughed my *ss off last night everytime it showed them. :-)

As for Tom, I don't mind him but I don't think I will be all that disappointed when he finally goes home.

No, cher, I think you are confusing Tom with Russell.

No, sonny, I was quite clear with my remark...