Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Rob Mariano

Could be wrong...But...That Looked pretty fake to me...He fell down and/or passed out but his head just happened to be cushioned?

Yup, I noticed that too. Maybe poor editing? Hmmmm. It was odd

If something happened to him, and no one else was around, I would think production would step in and call for medic. For the camera guy to just stand there and film Rob sick on the ground, passed out, waiting for someone (Jerri) to just happen to pass by.. I don't think so.

That scene had to be a re-shoot. (If) in fact he did faint production would be on him like white on rice! Like Chief said, he passed out and landed on a cushion? C'mon guys, you can do better than that. Your taking the "real" out of reality TV.

The cameras are not rolling on each Survivor every moment of the day. What we probably saw was a recreation of the actual event. Maybe it was done poorly, but isn't necessarily a fake scene.

It would be nice if they could capture every event on film as it happens, but that's an unrealistic expectation.

Excellent challenge performance Rob!! Way to step it up bud!! Pardon the pun!!

:animated_rotfl: Glad to see the old Rob emerge. He wasn't meant to be all nicey nice.

Just shows how good Rob is. He passes out and then comes back and kicks butt in the challenge. It's a shame that do-nothing, coat-tail riding, pansies often win over guys like Boston Rob.

Crybaby-itis or not, he's a Survivor All-Star.

I agree. He is sure looking more like a hero that some on the actual hero tribe.

I love Rob, always have. Whether the fall was recreated or not, there's no doubt in my mind that at some point he actually did go down. Frig, his lips were numb and he couldn't even drink the water. I'm actually worried that they brushed it off too quickly. He made mention of the fact of having headaches lately...then he just blacks out and hits the ground? Maybe there's something more going on like a tumor or something? Idk.. but they seemed quick to dismiss it.

Jeff said in his blog that Rob had the "Samoa flu" and that a lot of the crew had gotten sick

i don't know how much time had passed between Rob's episode, and the challenge, but he sure seemed to be back 100 %. Back here in the real world, if you get sick like that, and over do it too quickly, you are more likely to be headed towards a relapse. And Rob is not exactly in the best conditions for recovery either.

But whatever. I'm really enjoying Rob, and I was always one who could not stand him. For awhile I thought Jeff was telling Rob that he was out of the game, but I think he was telling him that he was out cold. I'm just glad he's still here. Seeing Russell chasing after that chicken was hilarious.

Wasn't much of a Rob or Amber fan...thought their wedding on TV was ridiculous, but being a daddy has really mellowed him out...he is a little more interesting to watch this time around....

As for the edit of his fainting ... first thing I said was "if he just fainted how is something under his head" and those watching with me made me back up the program so they could notice. One neighbor said..."do you think it is edited?" Cracked me up, told her I hate to bust your bubble, but the whole show is edited.....guess she thought things were live...duhhhhhhhh

Rob is holdin his own in this game, and I am for one enjoyin it, love that he has Rrussell on his radar, if they lose at some point and don't get immunity I could see Russell gettin the boot.

Love ya Rob! You play the way it should be played. Not all bravado and ego like Russell. You use your brain and athletic skill.

I think Randy has said that Rob is all ego in camp. Do enjoy watching him play his game, though, and also relieved that he has Russell on his radar!

If Rob didn't have an ego he wouldn't be Boston Rob and he'd be no fun at all. Love him.

I have my moments with Rob but always back to liking him. Maybe best of all; ever! Rob has those devastating eyes.

Rob ROCKS! I love how he plays the game and I will forever have some Boston Rob Love!

I never knew he was this good at challenges. He's up there with Ozzy and Terry as three of the best competitors ever.

Rob is so damn good at this game and it shows........ too much. He's needs to turn down his volume and stop impressing people. But, if he did it would not be Boston Rob.

Had to add this.

Was it me or did it look like Rob drew a diagram for Coach basicly showing him where he might find his testicles? :animated_rotfl: