Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villians

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Survivor Heroes vs Villains cast: nine people getting a third chance at $1 million

January 7, 2010, 8:13 AM

CBS revealed the cast of Survivor Heroes vs. Villains last night with a preview that aired during the People

Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains - Season 20 is coming!!

The 10 greatest Survivor heroes return to battle against the 10 greatest Survivor villians. Who will prevail? The hertoes or villians? Watch season 20 of Survivor starting Thursday February 11th on CBS!

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains': #20 Randy Bailey

By Andrea Reiher

January 18, 2010 11:45 AM

Zap2it handicaps the 20 returning contestants on "Survivor: Heroes vs Villains." Who's going home first? Villain Randy Bailey.

Disclaimer: We have no spoilers about the upcoming season of "Survivor." This is pure speculation based on the hundreds of hours spent watching the show.

On every season of "Survivor," somebody has to go home first and this time around it's Randy Bailey. Why Randy? Partly because of the theory that the Heroes tribe will do better than the Villains tribe, at least at first.

The Heroes tribe is returning some of the most well-liked cast members in "Survivor" history. Even the big personalities like Rupert and Amanda work relatively well with their own tribe members. In contrast, the Villains are going to have a situation of too many Chiefs, not enough Indians. The men on the Villains tribe have big personalities and like to be in charge. Add pushy Jerri Manthey, manipulative Parvati Shallow and cynical, scornful Courtney Yates to the mix and it means their initial Immunity Challenges are going to be a mess.

So, the first few Tribal Councils will feature the Villains. And who is likely to go home first? The person who rubs everyone the wrong way, can't socialize at all and wants to run the show. And that is Randy Bailey.

Bailey was a total jerk on "Survivor: Gabon," the 17th installment of the show. While other villains may have big personalities, they can at least be funny (Tyson) or charming (Rob) or pretty (Parvati). Randy is a crabby old man who alienates people and if he comes into the game bossing everybody around and acting like he knows best, his crabby butt will be on the first plane home.

Tomorrow: #19 Jerri Manthey

"Survivor: Heroes vs Villains" premieres Feb. 11 on CBS.

As far as who goes home first, don't beleive everything you read. Just sayin.

My guess is Courtney will be the first to go on the villians. She's got a reputation as a weakling and so why keep her? Annoying people go when you have a numbers advantage. 100's of hours of Survivor? LoL

Because just like in China she will be utterly useless as you go towards the end of the game. If you get her on your side, thats a vote with you all the way till the end.

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains': No. 19 Jerri Manthey

By Andrea Reiher

January 19, 2010 10:42 AM

Zap2it is handicapping the 20 contestants on "Survivor: Heroes vs Villains." Tuesday, Jan 19: Jerri Manthey's early exit.

Disclaimer: We have no spoilers about the upcoming season, this series of posts about the order we think the contestants get booted is pure speculation.

As we said yesterday, we are operating under the premise that the Heroes will initially work together better than the Villains will, which means the Villains are headed to Tribal first. Abrasive Randy Bailey is headed home first, but we think alleged b***h Jerri Manthey is headed out second.

Why Jerri? Because honestly, we aren't sure why she's even invited. Manthey finished smack in the middle of the pack on "Survivor: Australia" and 10th on "Survivor: All Stars." Her game play has never impressed us and she's far too excited to play up her caricature as a witch, instead of actually *being* one, which instead just makes her annoying.

We think her only chance in the game is making an alliance with old friend Colby and trying to charm the other Heroes men, but since the tribes are divided, there goes that plan. We can't see the 5 Villain men being terribly charmed by her -- honestly, out of Russell, Randy, Tyson, Coach and Boston Rob? Maybe Boston Rob, but we don't like her chances. Nor can we see her befriending the Villain women (maybe Danielle, but Sandra and Courtney certainly not and Parvati will see Jerri as a threat to who's prettiest), which leaves Jerri without an alliance and headed home second.

Tomorrow: Candice Woodcock

Parvati will see Jerri as a threat to whose prettiest? Really?

ZAP2IT has lost all credibility there.

I think in China Courtney slipped through the cracks long enough to become the person you want to take to the finale. In season 20, she's a known weak spot, and if the tribe wants to survive, she will be the first out. I don't think Jerri will go that soon either. As I said in another thread, I think a hero will be the first to go. These people are Survivor veterans and I doubt they will vote out annoying over weakness.

Parvati will see Jerri as a threat to whose prettiest? Really?

ZAP2IT has lost all credibility there.

Seriously.

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains': No. 18 Candice Woodcock

By Andrea Reiher

January 20, 2010 9:46 AM

Zap2it is handicapping the 20 returning contestants on "Survivor: Heroes vs Villains." The next to go? Candice Woodcock.

We know what you're thinking... who? We've watched every season of "Survivor." Every single episode. We're not sure we can say that about 19 seasons of ANYTHING. And yet when the contestants were announced... we had no idea who Candice Woodcock was.

It turns out Candice is from "Survivor: Cook Islands," the 13th season of the show, which is the one where the contestants were divided up by race (for like two episodes, scandal!). It was also the first season with a final three instead of final two and it was the season that gave us Ozzy, Yul and crazy-blue-eyes Jonathan Penner, three of our favorite male "Survivor" contestants.

Candice was one of two contestants (along with Penner) to "mutiny." They left Aiutaki, the tribe that included the eventual Final Four (Sundra, Ozzy, Becky and Yul) and joined Rarotonga, the tribe that then got their collective butts kicked by the eventual Final Four.

Why do we think Candice is leaving so early? Because she's blah. She's unmemorable. And maybe that will get her far in the game, but we don't think so. This is a season of big guns and after the Heroes win a couple challenges, we think they'll falter in the next one and send a weak link home. Cirie and Sugar will be too well-liked and Stephenie and Amanda will be too strong. So Candice is gone.

Does anybody get the sense that "Survivor" had a hard time filling out all 20 spots with true Heroes or Villains? We think Tina Wesson, Kim Johnson, Neleh Dennis, Jenna Morasca, Lillian Morris, Twila Tanner, Scout Cloud Lee, or any number of other women could have been female Heroes tribe members instead of Candice.

Ugh, do these people put any thought into this handicapping? She's blah? That's why she will go home? LoL.

Haha. They arent good at all Baron..

I hope this isnt a spoiler, and them just not telling us..haha

I hear on the first episode we have a broken toe and dislocated shoulder, oh my !!!

You should put that in a spoiler tag Steve. But if that's true, sounds like it's going to be grueling. :)

You should put that in a spoiler tag Steve. But if that's true, sounds like it's going to be grueling. :)

No, I don't think so Baron. That type of information is not considered a spoiler. No ones names are mentioned even though we know who the cast is.

Steve sometimes it doesn't matter... Around here you have to be very careful what you post... I post anything I think could be considered a spoiler in the spoiler thread personally... I for one love spoilers and I have the complete boot list posted over in spoilers, so please don't think I am trying to make things hard on you, but trying to help you out!!!

As far as spoilers go, it's not much, but it is a spoiler in that it gives information about the show that hasn't aired yet. Personally, it doesn't bug me, but it MAY bug someone else. There are people who don't want to know anything about the show beforehand. We should be considerate of our fellow fans. But if you don't agree, it's no skin off my nose.

I don't think it's a spoiler, just info. Like you said, you didn't say who gets hurt.

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains': No. 17 Benjamin 'Coach' Wade

By Andrea Reiher

January 21, 2010 11:36 AM

Zap2it is handicapping the "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" contestants. Up now: Benjamin "Coach" Wade.

Disclaimer: We have no knowledge of any results from "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains." These posts are speculation based on our knowledge of previous seasons of the show.

Coach. Ugh. One of our least favorite players on "Survivor" ever. His holier-and-smarter-than-thou attitude made us want to throw a shoe through the television set. Every time he whipped out one of the platitudes from his Zen-of-the-Day toilet paper, we rolled our eyes so hard they almost fell out.

There is no way he lasts in "Survivor" this time around. We feel like fellow Villain tribe member Russell Hantz will want to smother Coach with a pillow from the start and will quickly work for his ouster.

Or maybe we are just projecting what we want to happen.

Coach comes to us from "Survivor: Tocantins," along with Hero JT Thomas and Villain Tyson Apostol. We don't think Coach will be around long enough to merge with the Hero tribe, taking a possible JT alliance off the board, and we don't think Tyson will hold with Coach's self-importance and blowhardiness (sure, that's a word). Coach is (hopefully) exiting the game early.

Tomorrow: Parvati Shallow

I sure do hope Coach lasts for awhile. I sure do love to hate this guy. Truly a legend in his own mind. Would love to be a fly on the wall when Randy, Russel and Rob first meet him. :outfitted_pirate:

'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains': No. 16 Parvati Shallow

By Andrea Reiher

January 22, 2010 9:31 AM

Zap2it is handicapping the "Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" contestants. Our gal Friday (Jan. 22): Parvati Shallow.

Disclaimer: These are not based on any spoiler-y knowledge of the "Survivor" season, these are based upon our opinions of the past contestants/seasons.

Don't worry, the 4 of you who read this piece every day -- soon we will start predicting some Heroes to head home. But we really do think early on that the Heroes tribe will dominate the challenges and the first few people headed home will be Villains.

Parvati is our pick for 5th to go home. After Jerri, she and Courtney Yates tie for the most annoying female Villain and while Parvati may be better in challenges than Courtney, we think the men of the Villains tribe will see Parvati's strategy of "flirt and preen" as ridiculous. Also, Russell likes to get rid of women who don't side with him, which is why we think Jerri and Parvati will be quickly ousted.

Another reason we think Parvati will be a target is because while she only finished 6th in "Survivor: Cook Islands," she won the money on "Survivor: Fans vs Favorites." People who have already won the million have a harder time sticking around the second (or third) time they play and with no young, buff men for Parvati to cling to or a girl-power alliance for her to form (we just can't see that happening with the 5 Villain women), she's going to be sent home early.

Monday: Cirie Fields

'Survivor' renewed for two more seasons; 'Amazing Race' back for 17th round

By Hanh Nguyen

January 25, 2010 11:36 AM

Survivors, ready? Go!

CBS announced Monday (Jan. 25) that "Survivor" will return for two more seasons and that "The Amazing Race" has also been renewed for an additional season.

"Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains" is the show's 20th season and will premiere on Thursday, Feb. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/PT The cast includes former castaways known for their TV personas or the way they played the game during their previous times stranded in the wilds.

The renewals mean that "Survivor" will last at least through its 22nd season, while "The Amazing Race" is going to Season 17.

The contestants for the 16th season of "The Amazing Race" were recently announced and include former "Big Brother" contestants Jeff and Jordan and the infamous Miss South Carolina Caite Upton. "TAR 16" returns on Valentine's Day, Sunday, Feb. 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT