Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Survivor 20 Discussion Thread

It was a great Survivor. I agree ^ that Parvati should have aligned with someone else or at least moved away from Russell at some point. It was her downfall - but barely. Does anyone know the vote spread and who voted for whom specifically? Frankly, when you've got people like Courtney and Danielle - so immovably steadfast in their adoration (Sandra & Parvati); it makes little to no difference what you do or say. They cannot be swayed.

I find it interesting that nobody voted for Russell to win (those america's votes mean little to me because they are so easily engineered) but yet and still he garnered so much comment here at Morty's. Would the game have been as interesting without the little guy? Probably not. Probably not.

I hope to see some new heroes and villains come along soon. I'll be there.

just curious (pls dont shoot the cat ;) )..but ive seen post stating if it wasnt for the idols, russell would have been voted out a long time ago..i cant really recall a time when he used an idol for himself and it saved him...maybe my memory isnt as good as it was lol

While this was an entertaining season, I unfortunately will never watch another Survivor episode. It's like watching a movie, knowing that the ending is going to be a horrible disappointment.

I was going to give it up after last season, but decided that this season was worth giving a chance because previous players would likely not be bitter jurors out to ruin the game. Unfortunately, Survivor players no longer seem to be able to respect good gameplay when deciding the victor. They all hold bitter grudges and seem to cast their votes to intentionally reward the weakest player and thus say, "F-you" to the producers and audience.

Sandra winning twice is clear evidence that the way to win the game is to ride the coattails of good players. Last season was even worse. Pavarti or Russell were miles more deserving than Sandra. The jurors knew that; they didn't care, and were only interested in childish revenge against the game by giving the win to the worst player.

I'm not sure how to fix the game. Clearly, leaving it up to the jurors to decide the best player simply doesn't work. Russell is right: the game is broken. It's simply not worth watching anymore.

20 seasons is long enough. Bye, bye... I'm not wasting any more time watching.

I don't call Russell intimidating and threatening every woman good game play. He may have manipulated people but he did not play a good game.

Why would you want him to win? He said he was not playing the game to win..... (I know he lied)

Sore LOSER! :giggle:

Part of an RNO interview with Sandra:

Sandra: Russell owes Jerri, Parvati, and Danielle a thank you. If any of them would have ever gave him up, he wouldn

Thanks, Pinkie. It is pretty clear to me that Russell is a mess and I hope that we've seen the last of him for awhile. I will say, however, that I loved the finale and getting to see Russell get zero votes from his peers. Natalie whipped him and along came Sandra and whipped him again. I love it.

just curious (pls dont shoot the cat ;) )..but ive seen post stating if it wasnt for the idols, russell would have been voted out a long time ago..i cant really recall a time when he used an idol for himself and it saved him...maybe my memory isnt as good as it was lol

I don't think this season it did. It saved Parv once, and saved Jerri/Sandra another, via Parv giving them one of the ones he gave her..... And I think he played another one on a night when he didn't get any votes, so no, I don't think the HII actually saved him at all this season. Good observation LenLen.

Richard Hatch said on Facebook-

Let's be clear... Sandra played a brilliant game. I'm shocked by how few people (viewers and players) understand what it takes to win. Sandra played so well, the hobbit (and his fans) didn't even notice her gameplay. Parvati was also an AMAZING player. Poor Russell still doesn't have a clue.

Perhaps Russell's fans are more fans of his evil game-play rather than the man himself. * revelation *

Personally I've found the humans on the net complaining about him to be rather... whiny. They seem to go on and on.

I wouldn't want him to change his style anymore than I want the other players to. He revitalized an otherwise predictable show.

I wanted Rob to win. I wanted Russell to stay. :evil:

Funny Wicked. I found the Russell lovers that thought he got robbed whiny. He was entertaining but thankful he didn't win. I like the villain like Boston Rob that can be evil with a goofy smile and a wink.

Funny Wicked. I found the Russell lovers that thought he got robbed whiny. He was entertaining but thankful he didn't win. I like the villain like Boston Rob that can be evil with a goofy smile and a wink.

Agree, Marty. I think maybe production urged him to play the fool, though, once they saw that he thrived on his monomaniacal survivorview and couldn't turn it off. It was probably great for ratings.