22 replies to this topic

#1 TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:44 AM

This is coming straight from the NY POST

Cindy Adams NY POST

April 4, 2005 -- THOSE "Desperate Housewives" are really desperate. Not for a guy in bed, however. For one another's throat. While fans stare at their boobs and butts, the body parts these stars have to watch are their backs. Like at the Vanity Fair shoot (see photo on Page 31), Marcia Cross grew apoplectic when Teri Hatcher swiveled out in an zowie red bathing suit. She then summoned a slave and her exact remark was: "Get your f- - - - -g ass over here now and do your f- - - - -g job!" Told this summonee wasn't permitted there, she said: "I don't care if it's a f- - - - -g closed set! Get him!"
The group mandate? "Do not let Teri go to wardrobe first" since whoever got there first got the best clothes. She got there first. Eva Longoria immediately text messaged her slave. And then Nicolette Sheridan plopped into a certain chair. This terrible, deadly action naturally upset everyone. We are talking tears, tantrums.
Longoria, very busy asking how she looked, was told by one senior exec who told me he calls them "the bitches from hell": "This is not just about you!"
Trust me, it's the very last group shot that will ever be taken of these very Desperate Housewives.

#2 mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

OMG!! So much for them pretending to get along in public!! I wonder if we'll hear more about this on Entertainment Tonight.... It must make working together a real bitch though! I hope their relationship with one another doesn't hurt the show!

#3 TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

It was on Extra tonight! You know the tabloids use to say the same things about the Sex and the City girls and it turned out that Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Catrall really didn't get along but you could never tell that on screen.

#4 mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

Wow, it was on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood and The Insider. I also read rumors stating that Teri Hatcher has threatened to quit the show...I hope that doesn't happen!!

#5 Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

I'm guessing this is another side of the same story. You know how gossip is. Then you get that many females in one room. LOOK OUT!

Housewives Catfight On Vanity Fair Photo Shoot
Source - Contact Music.

The stars of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES turned into desperate divas on the set of their VANITY FAIR cover shoot when MARCIA CROSS took offence at the star treatment lavished on GOLDEN GLOBE-winner TERI HATCHER.

According to writer NED ZEMAN (corr), who was present when the bust-up occurred, Cross "lost it" when Hatcher was moved into the centre of the group shot, despite publicists' demands that photographers treat castmembers as equals.

Zeman says, "ABC (TV) publicity demanded that, in all the different set-ups that the women would be posed for photographs, Teri Hatcher absolutely was not to be in the centre of the women. "There had been some tension on the set over who's getting the awards and who's getting most of the magazine covers - that would be Teri Hatcher."

And when Hatcher seemed to be taking over the shoot, through no fault of her own, Cross showed off her fiery side. Zeman adds, "She screamed (the publicist's) name and said, in essence, 'I want you to get over here and do your bleeping job...' Then she launched into this profanity-laced tirade. "Teri was most visibly upset and got very emotional and was tearing up and was on her cell phone seeking comfort from someone."

Hatcher insists the spat has been blown out of proportion: "However it comes off, I believe that everyone is as grateful to be on the show as I am."

Meanwhile, castmate EVA LONGORIA claims the fight was sparked by over-the-top primping and preening: "They forget we just shot a 16-hour day the day before and when someone's tweaking every little hair, it's like, 'Stop touching us, just shoot the picture.'"

#6 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:48 PM

Hmmmmm, diva moments on DH, who woulda thunk it? :wink:

I do remember all the rumours swirling around Joan Collins and Linda Evans on Dynasty, and they turned out to be for nought!

#7 Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(ranster627)
QUOTE(Jem)
There where rumors and speculation about the set of Sex and the City too.
Yup ...

If true, I like to think it is growing pains and they will work it out ...
It makes me think about the cast of Friends. They had a pack to stick together no matter what. So, maybe they should have all been given the same pay rise. Would have made less waves IMHO.

#8 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

The network will soon learn that, or they will have a Moonlighting on their hands!

#9 TwinkleToes

TwinkleToes

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

I hope Teri Hatcher doesn't quit the show. She didn't ask for all of the attention and awards she received because of the show. The girls need to be happy for her and realize that its them as an ensemble cast that makes the show work. Without one of them the show would not be what it is today and I hate to admit it but if Hatcher left I don't think I could get used to whoever her replacement might be.

#10 Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

The photo that caused all the touble.

#11 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:07 PM

Jem, you are amazing ...

I must say when I look at the photo, it does NOT seem to me that Terri is dominant or most prominently featured ...

#12 Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:05 AM

This is the type of gossip I don't care to read or hear about. It just makes me sad. sad.gif

Now, if it was gossip about two of the cast members sleeping together or one of them having a scandalous past then I'm all for it. :wink: But I hate to hear about privileged people bickering. They are working, I would think that would be better than not working!

#13 tabitha

tabitha

• Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

I am in total agreement with you Skye. I hate to see a brilliant show go down the tubes because of diva-ego conflict. I love each and every housewife for her own idiosyncrasies and personality traits. Each is irreplaceable! It is a blessing to be working, in Hollywood or anywhere. Count your blessings, your dollars and have fun while it lasts. Can't we all just get along? laugh.gif

#14 Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2005 - 07:48 AM

From the 'Entertainment News' on TVGuide.com:

BACKLASH SHMACKLASH:not in the middle. Or wearing red. Or looking at Marcia. Or...

#15 tabitha

tabitha

• Pip
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:32 AM

Skye - Thank you sooo much for posting these little tidbits of info for us! You are a doll!

#16 memeu2

memeu2

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:15 AM

does't anyone have a break down on what happen. I know it was a 'recap' but I did miss a few shows during the year and I was hopping to find out if I missed soemthing I shouldn't have.

I was out of town all weekend so I set my DVR to tape but had the wrong channel!! LOL! Iwas soo mad yesterday when I sat down to watch it!!

#17 mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

Nothing happened. It was a "special episode"....a recap of the all the episodes so far. So don't worry, you didn't miss anything. smile.gif

#18 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:56 AM

for me the interesting thing was the use of a male narrator ....

#19 Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

From 'Ask Ausiello' on TVGuide.com:

Question: All the write-ups said that Mary Alice was going to narrate Sunday's Desperate Housewives clip show. Wha' happen'? Matt

Ausiello: The plan was to use Mary Alice (aka Brenda Strong), but at the 11th hour, ABC had a change of heart and went with Generic Guy Voice instead. My spies say it was simply a creative decision. If we're lucky, Marc Cherry will make a similar "creative decision" and drop the cloying narration from the actual show. Nothing against Strong, but those episode-ending wrap-up montages are becoming increasingly, painfully forced. It's the reason I couldn't sit through Everwood until this season. Speaking of which...

#20 mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(XandraSkye)
From 'Ask Ausiello' on TVGuide.com:

Question: All the write-ups said that Mary Alice was going to narrate Sunday's Desperate Housewives clip show. Wha' happen'? Matt

Ausiello: The plan was to use Mary Alice (aka Brenda Strong), but at the 11th hour, ABC had a change of heart and went with Generic Guy Voice instead. My spies say it was simply a creative decision. If we're lucky, Marc Cherry will make a similar "creative decision" and drop the cloying narration from the actual show. Nothing against Strong, but those episode-ending wrap-up montages are becoming increasingly, painfully forced. It's the reason I couldn't sit through Everwood until this season. Speaking of which...

Hmmmm, I actually like Mary Alice's narration...... :?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users