Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz - Part 2

You would think by now the remaining contestants would realize that Russel is controlling things...

How would they know? We have 100 times more information than they do and we only see 1 hour for every 3 or so days they are there. And that's just what the producers show us. The Foa members all see Russell as an ally as his play basically saved their hides. They all would surely be gone by now had Russell not played his idols and took down the Galu alliance. As for Galu, they're just trying to stay alive. Things may change this week since it's coming down to the end and this is where alliances start to breakdown.

Being out there 24/7 for that many days should give them some perspective of who seems to control things and who does not. I agree Russel has kept Foa Foa alive and I'll bet his team mates know it too. But at some point they have to realize that sooner or later Russel is gonna come after them. Timing is important if you have somone (be it your side or the other) who is calling the shots on a regular basis. Sure, let him do the dirty work in getting people voted off, there's no blood on your hands with the jury, but when does he decide it's YOU he wants off next. Thats where timing comes in. Does not matter if your Foa Foa or Galu by now they should all know Russel is a threat. I agree we see LOTS more that they do but then again, they get to see stuff that we do not get to see.

I think you're right that the Foa members will turn on Russell soon, maybe even this week. But, up until now they haven't enjoyed any kind of lead. They still don't have the lead as Shambo is really a wild card. So until they have a significant advantage, I think they will stick together. From the merge till Laura got booted I think Galu did see Russell as a threat, but the immunity idols were the factor in how they played.

People probably try to believe that they are immune, all the while hoping the "other" person gets the boot and they get, one more week, one more week, one more week. I do believe that they know that Russell is the power but they are afraid of him; as they should be or should have been. I am hoping that they turn on Russell but don't think, realistically, that it'll come to much for awhile yet. There are too many insignificant side dishes to be dispensed-with before starting on the main course. I would adore seeing Russell go home before the F3 but again; realistically..........

Smart move by Russell putting on his immunity idol just before council started. That might change some of their votes.

Russell made a huge gamble by not using idol. They missed a golden opportunity to get him out.

They sure did!

YES Good move by Russ. I thought it was going to backfire, but worked perfectly. The alliance has definitely begun to fall apart though. At some point he's going to have to play that idol. Russ played a good game, but as with all great Survivors, when it comes to the end, the tagalongs and under-the-radar types start making their only strategic plays and its hard to stay alive when you got a knife in your back. Next week will be interesting.

I thought tonight was the last night Russell could play it?? Or is that next thursday??

He can play it up to day 36, which is either final 6 or 5. But yeah, should be next Thursday.

Another great episode of RUPPETMANIA!!

Even I was on the edge of my seat during the last tribal...

Russell looked almost thin. Much was made of his tantrum but to me it was just Russell doing what he does. Can they really not let this guy win after building the entire show around him until the last few episodes?

Russtroll proved why I don't care for him, he came off way too cocky for me last night and I don't like cocky. So for all you troll fans we will have to agree to disagree....cause I just can't get into the mania of this dude..........Russtroll will always just be a toofless twoll to me....

Russtroll proved why I don't care for him, he came off way too cocky for me last night and I don't like cocky. So for all you troll fans we will have to agree to disagree....cause I just can't get into the mania of this dude..........Russtroll will always just be a toofless twoll to me....

Agree to disagree to what? Nobody seems to be saying everybody has to like Russell. We're just pointing out he's played a good game so far. He's pretty much done everything he's said he'd do. He and his alliance toppled the dominant Galu tribe. He's found and played immunity idols like no other has done. He's cocky and that may be his downfall, but he deserves at least some credit.

Personally, I think picking on him for his looks is far worse than being cocky.

WHOA Baron, didn't mean to fire your engine....cool your jets...... in alot of my past post I have given Russell credit for his game play .... and I know no one is saying I have to like him...I'm just saying to those that do that I don't. And we are all guilty of picking on a reality player for his/her looks at one time or another.

Russel has certainly given us allot of firsts this season.

First one to find an idol without any clues.

First one to find not two, but three idols.

And now, the first one with guts enough to pull out the idol at tribel counsil and NOT USE IT.

I thought at first that was the dumbest thing anyone could do. Turned out to be a good move.

Matters not if you like or dislike him he has played the game better (IMO) than anyone before him. Based on that I hope he makes it to the end and wins the million.

The person who plays any game best is the person who wins the game; IMO. That's the point. And, I am still not totally convinced that Russell found all those idols without help. Unlike a lot of people, I am not unaware of the possibility of influence to gain ratings. It is all about money and the goal is to entertain and in turn, make that money. The show would be cancelled, otherwise.

Last night's show seemed vurry staged to me and did not live up to it's preview(s). Nothing earth-shaking happened. Dave and Monica went home. So?

The main players continue to be in place. Now the real Survivor Samoa begins.

Off topic: I love TOMBSTONE, Steve. Loved him in that movie.

WHOA Baron, didn't mean to fire your engine....cool your jets...... in alot of my past post I have given Russell credit for his game play .... and I know no one is saying I have to like him...I'm just saying to those that do that I don't. And we are all guilty of picking on a reality player for his/her looks at one time or another.

LoL OK engine is off. But why does everybody think I'm so hot headed? Is that how my posts read? I always think I have a calm posting style.

Russel has certainly given us allot of firsts this season.

First one to find an idol without any clues.

First one to find not two, but three idols.

And now, the first one with guts enough to pull out the idol at tribel counsil and NOT USE IT.

I thought at first that was the dumbest thing anyone could do. Turned out to be a good move.

Matters not if you like or dislike him he has played the game better (IMO) than anyone before him. Based on that I hope he makes it to the end and wins the million.

So Steve you officially on the Russ band wagon? I thought you were trashing him earlier in the season.

The person who plays any game best is the person who wins the game; IMO. That's the point. And, I am still not totally convinced that Russell found all those idols without help. Unlike a lot of people, I am not unaware of the possibility of influence to gain ratings. It is all about money and the goal is to entertain and in turn, make that money. The show would be cancelled, otherwise.

Last night's show seemed vurry staged to me and did not live up to it's preview(s). Nothing earth-shaking happened. Dave and Monica went home. So?

The main players continue to be in place. Now the real Survivor Samoa begins.

I don't agree. But you knew I wouldn't right?

As for your first point about the best player wins. That simply isn't true. Especially in Survivor. The reason is it is because it's a game of elimination. Simply avoiding elimination doesn't take much skill at all. Now you may disagree, but often this kind of player relies on dumb luck to get them through. To me luck should have a minimal role in who wins a game of competition.

As for your second point. You know my feelings on that. I don't doubt the producers have their hands in a lot of what we see, but rigging the game so one person stays longer just doesn't seem plausible. The secret would eventually get out and the reputation of the franchise would be in jeapardy.

The shows rarely live up to the previews, same with a lot of movies. Not sure what you mean by the episode was staged. It was Monica's last show so she was featured more. That doesn't mean they knew she was going to go before hand. They just used more Monica footage in the editing process. Perhaps they did some reshooting of events that took place when the camera man wasn't around. We know that stuff happens for fact. I think that was the case when Russell found the 3rd idol. The cameras can't be everywhere, so to tell the story, the producers need to reshoot some scenes. Maybe that's what you are detecting as "staging."

Yes I know it's your opinion and all. Just sayin.

Personally, I think picking on him for his looks is far worse than being cocky.

:unsure:

Baron you know there was a lawsuit in the first season... one of the contestants sued because she went home instead or Rudy... she claimed the producers told everyone to vote her out instead of Rudy because he was better TV........ while the lawsuit has quietly gone away I do believe that where there is smoke there is fire...

More power to him if he makes it to the end... but here's hoping he doesn't

I thought Val Kilmers role as Doc Holiday was his best role ever. I own the movie and watch it often. "Come darling, let us seek our entertainment elsewhere"

Yes Baron, I've jumped on the Russel bandwagon. I've gotton over his arogance and Katrina lie (I'm from N.O.)

The guy has made moves that I thought were stupid and it's turned out to be brilliant game play. I don't really think he was given any help in finding the idols. Yor comments about re-shoots I think are correct and might be why some think he had help.

As far as editing goes did you notice before the first vote we were led to believe it could either be Dave or Shambo. I think they edited in the Shambo option so it was not so obvious that Dave was going to the jury. Can't have a predictable tribal counsil you know.

And poor Monica, telling Russel she can make or break him in the jury was just dumb.

The trouble with Russell and why his game play was so bad is he showed his hand over and over. He told people he was rich he told people when he had the immunity idol. He acted cocky and tried to run the show not caring that it would put a target on his back.

Pretty bad game play in my opinion.

The trouble with Russell and why his game play was so bad is he showed his hand over and over. He told people he was rich he told people when he had the immunity idol. He acted cocky and tried to run the show not caring that it would put a target on his back.

Pretty bad game play in my opinion.

Thats it Marty... if/when he goes he will only have himself to blame!!

Well, it's like on the Survivor Samoa thread - someone posted a few posts back that they were glad that Monica was gone - called her a cocky little skank and someone agreed with them. I mean, jeez, cocky is cocky and not attractive (I wouldn't go so far as to call someone a skank, mind you; that would be demeaning) and being cocky can possibly be bad for a contestant when they go up for votes from their peers. That would be the downside of cocky, IMO, other than the obvious.

Yes Pinkie I remember that lawsuit. Maybe she was telling the truth, maybe she wasn't. If I were Captain of the USS Survivor, having nearily missed one iceburg, I'd surely stay clear of any others.

The Producers have many ways to keep the show in the ratings. Having Natalie hanging her panties on a tree is one way. Casting over the top people like Russell is another.

As much as I would say Russell's inability to keep his trap shut bad gameplay, it hasn't gotten him voted out.

Everyone else knew Monica was this week's target. Why not write Russell's name down a few times? Two things would happen: 1). Russ uses the idol, making it open season and Monica goes home; 2). Russ doesn't use the idol and he goes home.