Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz - Part 2

That actually makes him a better player...

I agree. He's not really needed to win challenges, so could be throwing them. Winning just puts a target on your back. Laura won two... Where is she?

I am in no way a Russtroll fan, but will give kudos for his game play. I am hoping that the other 3 FoaFoa see that when it comes down to five, he goes!

If they don't see it - how can they not - then goodbye them because Russell will send them packing. Like him or not, if you voted right now for best game player, does anyone else even come close? Maybe at the finish we will say someone outwitted Russell but at this point, I've not seen it. He has done what he vocalized doing, thus far, which makes me even more astonished that he has gotten-away with it.

P.S. I don't like Russell and find him totally obnoxious but hey, if they all want to ride on the Dumbass Train and let him be the conductor; more power to him.

I'm still up in the air on Russ. He plays by the seat of his pants it seems. Last night voting John out, it was a spur of the moment thing. I just think he's juggling a lot and may drop a ball. He may have already dropped the Shambo ball.

John had the clue to the idol, he might have eventually figured out that Russ has it already... That could jeopardize Russ's plan, so John had to go... I think that is better than the emotional "Dave whined about my cooking, so I want him gone" type of vote...

He doesn't need Shambo anymore, he has Dave now!!

I think he still HAS Shambo. He can talk her thru this - won't be a problem, cause she still hates Dave and/or Monica. As long as he targets one of them next she'll be fine.

Well, Russell better be real careful and not look at Shambo wrong or she will hate him, too. How come she doesn't hate Natalie already? I'm sure that is on the horizon.

OL' RUSS CANT WIN A CHALLENGE FOR BEANS ONLY THING SAVING HIM IS THOSE IDOLS. AND GETS BOOT BY NOT ONE BUT 2 WOMEN. WHAT A LOSER HE IS

Sir. Big Brother 2. Will never won one challenge but he won the game. Its not all winning that helps you.

I don't like so many immunity idols. If you didn't have them, they would have to win comps, etc....However, at some point I suppose a potential winner has to garner votes so that element can be a major unknown quantity no matter how clever or competent you are in the game itself.

All the major shows have their version of II but I think they are necessary only to ratings and why they exist.

I certainly don't respect Russell, either, but I didn't and don't respect Richard Hatch but Richard won without my respecting him and so shall Russell; possibly. Hopefully not. I would like Mick or Natalie to win but I would also like to get nekkid with Mick and that won't happen and so it goes.

I understand not respecting Russell's game. He's a little underhanded... Maybe a lot underhanded. People rather see good like Natalie or Mick win over evil like Russell. However, I think some are rolling Russell's strategy in together with his morality. There are many despicable men in history who have lead empires by lying, manipulating, and having their enemies killed.... much the same way Russ does.

He lost my respect with the Katrina story and nothing he does in the game will make me feel differently... it was unnecessary and made light of people who actually lived through it.... calling all the girls stupid all the time doesn't thrill me either

I don't mind lying for the games sake.... but that wasn't lying for the game

Well, I agree with you about the respect on the Katrina thing Pinkie... That's bull, and the people that are STILL suffering over Katrina, I'm sure don't appreciate the story... I do still think he's making moves that might just win the game... I know I've said I sometimes think he's deserving, but it's not often and it's pretty quick to subside... I think I'd rather Nat win the game than anyone else left...

Welcome ReallyCarol. DId you know that using all caps on the internet is kinda like yelling? Just FYI.

As for Russell, I don't think we know that he "can't" win challenges. I think someone else said it earlier - he doesn't really need to when he has the HII. And not winning the challenges keeps the target a little further off his back - people who win multiple individual immunities are subject to being the biggest target.

I suspect that Russell Hantz could not care less whether or not I respect him - not while he is engaged in playing Survivor. In person, he might well be a totally different person. I dunno and I don't care. He has made no bones about his intent. I'm of the opinion that if it is to be a game of Hidden Immunity Idols then that should be the competition. Why bother with the rest of it? Just hide an idol each week and give them a clue. Oh wait, they do that.

P.S. I don't blame Russell for dropping out of comps early - as he did in the last one. Why try when you don't have to? Or, maybe I do disrespect him for not going-on and showing us that he CAN win comps even though he doesn't have to. Something like that.

I know what you mean Yana... on one hand he's playing an awesome game, on the other hand to root for him makes you feel like you need to take a shower. :lol:

Take this with a grain of salt. ALL reality shows are manipulated by TPTB. They know who is and is not going to create good TV ratings for them then emphasize that individual for as long as necessary. On every show, it's all about ratings. That's what makes the money. They could give a rat's arse about the "natural" flow of the storyline. This is one of the reasons I don't get caught up in reality TV. Granted, I'm already hooked on Big Brother but that has been the case since the first season. The manipulation is so obvious on that show it's a little ridiculous, lol

I know what you mean Yana... on one hand he's playing an awesome game, on the other hand to root for him makes you feel like you need to take a shower. :lol:

Now that's funny! :animated_rotfl: As for me, I don't LIKE some of the lies he told early on (like the Katrina thing), but I totally give him respect for playing the game 24/7 and making some smart moves. IF he does win, he deserves it. I mean, if for nothing else, any of the FOA get my respect for still being there and pretty much being in control now, when they should have all been gone with coming into the merge down 8-4. That's just unpredented!

Now that's what I'm talking about right there... That and he looks a lot like he could be a member of my family... He looks a lot like one of my cousins on my fathers side...

I actually HATED Russell in the beginning for two reasons.

1. I hate people who are good at what they do and brag about it. Yes, he's good at the game but to constantly gloat about it irk's me.

2. The Katrina thing. Having evacuated and returning to all that carnage (my house survived) Russell's lie struck a nerve with me.

Getting past that I find myself rooting for him simply because he's really playing the game better than anyone else. I don't care what he looks like. I like someone who thinks outside the box and boy has Russel done that. Like him or not he's living up to Jeff's assessment of him, the biggest villian ever!

About time to move things along on the show and make things happen quickly. It seems pretty clear to me that the major players have to rid the camp of several non-players and then get down to business. I look forward to the aftermath of that. Right now, everything is static. Russell is Russell and that won't change I don't think and neither will the others change unless forced to do so.

Nobody has posted anything about Russell in 24 hours. The CBS execs must be having panic attacks.

Well I think I could write the script for the next show as to what happens with Russell. Boring for me.

I want to know about the others and who is going home and what their plan of attack is.

You would think by now the remaining contestants would realize that Russel is controlling things. It doesen't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. (sorry John) Yet his name never shows up during the vote. Can they really be that dumb? There's got to more to it that what we get to see.