Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz - Part 2

Yes Slim, I agree with you, Ozzy and Tom would've eaten Russell alive...

I miss Ozzy and when the show was really about the best survivor. A competitor that could win the challenges and show they are the best at surviving in the wilderness. I can't think of all the names but we had some really good survivors that just kept themselves in the game because of competitions...

I can't agree with you that Survivor was ever "about" being the best Survivor. Richard Hatch won the first season by making the right alliances. I don't know if he ever won any comps, but if he did, he certainly is no Ozzie. The fact is Ozzie never won Survivor, so wouldn't that eliminate him from the "best" catagory? I'm not saying he isn't a fan favorite, I like him too, but for the best survivor, I'd say you'd have to take all the winners and choose from that group.

Survivor is about Outwitting, Outplaying, and or Outlasting the others. Whichever strategy works for you is how the game is played. But there's no set formula.

All the respect to Ozzie, but if we have learned anything, if your strategy is to win all the immunity comps, that's fine, but miss one and you'll likely be getting your flame extinguished.

Survivor All Stars would be a way to reconcile the question of "best of the best," but I'm not sure it does or can. Each Survivor is different in its own way, obviously. I think it might also be true that we like some people more than others - are drawn to them - for one reason or another and put-off by some people. Tom and Ozzy do come to mind as winners even though, as Baron pointed out; Ozzy didn't win. Rupert seemed to be an all-time favorite but is he better at Survivor than Russell? I dunno. What I do know is that right now seems to be Russell's Survivor time; for whatever reason.

Will we like or rebuff the winner? Perhaps that is the unknown quotient that draws us to shows like Survivor and Big Brother, season after season.

Yeah Slim it's like with Rupert, for me he was the bumbling sort of nice guy, that did silly things to "survive" such as taking the other tribes shoes to trade for items they might need to "Survive" as a tribe, but Russell, for me is the one that is out there lying and scheming his way to "survive"...

I think Russ made another bad move today. This time, the lack of care of the immunity idol clue. He has it, but why not make it look like he doesn't. I thought it was a bad move.

Anyone still doubt Russell can control the game? He sure as heck controlled who got voted out tonight - just a few mind f#@ks with a few of the other survivors, and POOF, it's no longer Dave, but John. And I have no doubt he'll smooth it over with poor old Shambo.

Anyone still doubt Russell can control the game? He sure as heck controlled who got voted out tonight - just a few mind f#@ks with a few of the other survivors, and POOF, it's no longer Dave, but John. And I have no doubt he'll smooth it over with poor old Shambo.

well I keep thinking he made a dumb move flipping on Shambo, but it seems to be working fir him. He just creates chaos, and rides the wave all the way to the end.

Speaking of chaos, didn't he let the chickens loose? How come they were back in their cage? They never explained how they caught them again.

well I keep thinking he made a dumb move flipping on Shambo, but it seems to be working fir him. He just creates chaos, and rides the wave all the way to the end.

Speaking of chaos, didn't he let the chickens loose? How come they were back in their cage? They never explained how they caught them again.

I know - I thought they showed him letting them go in the previews. Very confused on that one. Maybe it was in one of Shambo's dreams! :animated_rotfl:

Has Shambo always been that way or is hunger making her act the way she does? Very odd, that Shambo that we are permitted to see.

What a strange group of people. They seem to want to cling together, even to their enemies, and refuse to face the inevitable. It has to be the editing that makes them look like simpletons. Nobody in a group-normal state of mind would trust Russell, much less go along with him to blindside someone, repeatedly. Russell is clever but hardly the powerhouse some believe him to be. I have come to believe that we see very little of what actually transpires on Survivor. Unlike BB, what you see on Survivor is not necessarily what you get or how it really is.

More than liking or disliking Russell (specifically here but each Survivor also has a Russell, of sorts), I think that he has been manufactured to sell tickets to the show.

In closing, I have also come to believe that certain spoilers speak the truth; obviously. Interesting; but less and less so, for me.

I know - I thought they showed him letting them go in the previews. Very confused on that one. Maybe it was in one of Shambo's dreams! :animated_rotfl:

they showed it last week that he opened the cage......the week Erik left..... maybe they didn't get out or by now they were caught again

Has Shambo always been that way or is hunger making her act the way she does? Very odd, that Shambo that we are permitted to see.

What a strange group of people. They seem to want to cling together, even to their enemies, and refuse to face the inevitable. It has to be the editing that makes them look like simpletons. Nobody in a group-normal state of mind would trust Russell, much less go along with him to blindside someone, repeatedly. Russell is clever but hardly the powerhouse some believe him to be. I have come to believe that we see very little of what actually transpires on Survivor. Unlike BB, what you see on Survivor is not necessarily what you get or how it really is.

More than liking or disliking Russell (specifically here but each Survivor also has a Russell, of sorts), I think that he has been manufactured to sell tickets to the show.

In closing, I have also come to believe that certain spoilers speak the truth; obviously. Interesting; but less and less so, for me.

I don't think it's hard to believe that someone can be manipulated to vote a certain way and get others to do so in order to save their own skin. Dave was gone and he knew it. Russ threw him a life line and he grabbed it. Brilliant of Russell to use that to his own advantage IMO. And yes, I do believe that most of these other people, particularly old Galu ARE that dumb and strange.

PS - John only has himself to blame. He had to open his big mouth and try to control who got voted off. It's like trying to paddle a canoe without the oars. He didn't have what he needed. If John had kept his mouth SHUT he would still be there. Plain and simple. Dumbbutt, he is.

I wondered about that too-weird. I also wonder what they all thought of Shambo's "2 hour" chicken as they showed the big conflict but not the results. As much as I am not a Dave fan, I sided with him on that one! Cooking for 2 hours? Edible is not a word that comes to mind.

I wondered about that too-weird. I also wonder what they all thought of Shambo's "2 hour" chicken as they showed the big conflict but not the results. As much as I am not a Dave fan, I sided with him on that one! Cooking for 2 hours? Edible is not a word that comes to mind.

It was a bit of overkill, but I don't think cooking it in water for two hours would necessarily ruin it. And depending on the age of the chicken, if you don't cook it in liquid for a while, it would probably be tough.

They showed the chicken thing in the re-cap show LAST WEEK.... Russell unlocked the cage the week Erik left....they either were to stupid to get out or they caught them again

They showed the chicken thing in the re-cap show LAST WEEK.... Russell unlocked the cage the week Erik left....they either were to stupid to get out or they caught them again

I half ass watched the recap, so I probably just wasn't paying attention. Weird that they showed it and didn't show what happened after

I half ass watched the recap, so I probably just wasn't paying attention. Weird that they showed it and didn't show what happened after

Yah I don't know why they showed as it clearly made no difference to anything LOL

I forgot about the soup thing. They shouldve showed the outcome. I cook stew in a slow cooker all day and it's fine, but I guess what Dave was saying is it was at a hard boil. I hope they bring it up in the finale.

Dave comes across as flaky but not so much lately (except for the rubber face). He likely would have won immunity except for the knot advantage and I was surprised at his strength. Shambo, on the other hand, comes across - IMO - as a b**** and much of what she says seems to me, nonsensical ramblings - again, maybe she is weary and hungry. I still say that it is easy pickings for Russell BUT do agree that he engineered John going or so it seemed which might or might not be smart. That depends on whether or not he got rid of the right person or if there is someone left stronger than John. I still say that we see so little of what actually transpires that it is difficult to sort it out as it really is. Spoon-fed. I found last night's show interesting because of who WAS going and how well-engineered it was to turn on a last minute dime.

I think Russell made the right move not telling Shambo. If her hate for Dave is anywhere close to what it was for Laura Shambo will never side with Dave. In turn Russell still controls her. He only needs her for one more week anyway.

russell has played a great game so far strategy wise. IF he goes to the end(yes i said if people so keep all your is that a spoiler comments to yourself) theres a good chance he could end up loseing to someone like natalie or mick cause of jury biterness. russell needs to learn this is a social game too.

LOL Wicked!!! I agree with you, he's going strong with his game and it's looking good for him... Doesn't mean I have to like it, but it's come to the point that I just can't help but think maybe he's becoming deserving...

I'm still up in the air on Russ. He plays by the seat of his pants it seems. Last night voting John out, it was a spur of the moment thing. I just think he's juggling a lot and may drop a ball. He may have already dropped the Shambo ball.

OL' RUSS CANT WIN A CHALLENGE FOR BEANS ONLY THING SAVING HIM IS THOSE IDOLS. AND GETS BOOT BY NOT ONE BUT 2 WOMEN. WHAT A LOSER HE IS

That actually makes him a better player...