Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Russell Hantz - Part 2

One definite advantage is Russ knows if he just looks around the camp he may find the immunity idols. Nobody has ever done that and unless the producers change how they hide them, he will be able to make the same moves. I think in S21, everyone will jump off the boat and start looking for idols. It will be like a big Easter egg hunt. But for S20 only Russ knows.... Unless someone else from S19 is there too.

I liked the exile island idea. It makes it more strategic who you throw on that island.

That's what I thought would happen this next season -- everyone scrambling, looking for the hidden idol. But since they didn't see any of season 19, they probably won't even consider that, unless they come up with it on their own. In hindsight, I'm kind of surprised that Russell was the only player to take the initiative and do that.

I wonder if they will have another exile island, and hide the idol there again. That was kind of a good twist. It was miserable to be sent to exile, but you did have the opportunity to find the idol, that the others didn't. My favorite was when they kept sending Sugar, and she had already found it, so she was able to take advantage of the amenities they put out there, rather than taking the clue and searching for the idol. Previous exile islands were nothing but miserable though, I believe. There was no choice, to skip the clue, and take shelter, a hammock, and snack instead, was there?

You screwed me over. You lied. You were mean to me. Wah wah wah. Do these people ever see survivor. Jury was a group of crying kids. I respect them totally way less than Russell. Same kind of babies are in big brother and other tv shows. boo

If Russell is chosen for the Season 20 cast and can make it to the finals, I think his chances will be better with that jury whoever they are. They will all have played the game before and know how it's played. They will respect someone who plays hard. And half of them are liars and cheaters too.

You screwed me over. You lied. You were mean to me. Wah wah wah. Do these people ever see survivor. Jury was a group of crying kids. I respect them totally way less than Russell. Same kind of babies are in big brother and other tv shows. boo

Not one of em were bright enough to beat him, so they stood there like children and whined about it...

If Russell is chosen for the Season 20 cast and can make it to the finals, I think his chances will be better with that jury whoever they are. They will all have played the game before and know how it's played. They will respect someone who plays hard. And half of them are liars and cheaters too.

I so hope you are right Baron. I absolutely hate it when someone who outplayed, outwitted and outlasted the competition goes home in second place because some pansy assed juror got their feelings hurt for being blindsided. Hopefully the S20 jury can get past that and reward the person who played the best game.

I so hope you are right Baron. I absolutely hate it when someone who outplayed, outwitted and outlasted the competition goes home in second place because some pansy assed juror got their feelings hurt for being blindsided. Hopefully the S20 jury can get past that and reward the person who played the best game.

I agree, but that is what we get when they pick people off the street who are not into this game like we are... I too think the all star jury will hopefully see past that...

It's a fundimental flaw in Survivor's voting system. I'm willing to bet that had Brett beat Russ in that last challenge and Brett, Mick, and Natalie were F3, and Nat won. There wouldn't be as much support for Natalie's "win."

Again, I like Natalie. I just think Russ and Brett played better games.

Personally I'd be happy for Nat no matter who she was up against......

I don't see it as flaw in the voting system, it's not the presidential election for goodness sakes it's a reality tv game show...... so the fact that the voting can go either way is kind of fun for me.....

Personally I'd be happy for Nat no matter who she was up against......

I don't see it as flaw in the voting system, it's not the presidential election for goodness sakes it's a reality tv game show...... so the fact that the voting can go either way is kind of fun for me.....

I understand your point. The jury vote is a part of the game and any Survivor who wants to win shouldn't forget it. I still think it is flawed in that it kind of makes everything else you do in the game pointless. I mean why have hidden immunity idols, immunity challenges and reward challenges? Why make alliances and plots to get rid of other players? It's like if you came over my house to play Monopoly. You buy up all the properties and knock me and my family out if the game one by one, but just as you thought you had won the game, I tell you about the house rule. Everybody votes and my 3 year old is declared the winner. It's just a game you would say. Giving the kid a win doesn't bother you, but if it was for a million dollars, you might protest.

I have to disagree Baron. These people know going into the game that it is a jury that votes. Part of everyone's strategy is who votes in the end. The HII and playing for immunity are other facets of the game. How many people play to make jury? Sure they all want to win but getting to the jury is the next best thing. Playing the social game IS a part of the game. Russell played a brilliant technical game (in the opinion of many) and put the target on his back by doing so. Others played great games also but didn't make it to the end. Anything can take away the money/title at the end. He cost himself the victory. Natalie didn't steal it from him - he never had it to lose. The jury didn't so much vote for Natalie as they voted against Russell. They made a statement about how they viewed his game play.

I don't think anyone here is saying he did not play a great game - he just didn't play the entire game perfectly.

Part of everyone's strategy is who votes in the end. The HII and playing for immunity are other facets of the game

I don't think anyone here is saying he did not play a great game - he just didn't play the entire game perfectly.

Great post Snancypants. I would like to respond though to the above two points.

As I mentioned, I agree that Russell seemed to forget the social aspect of the game. He didn't play the game at 100% and it cost him. I recognize the importance of the social game, but what I find flawed with it is how much it matters. It nullifies everything else. The show is what 16 or 17 episodes of competitions, alliances, backstabbing, etc? And it all comes down to a vote. Often that vote doesn't go with what America feels. The jury votes with its bias. That's why Russell won the America vote. Even people who hate Russell agree he played a great technical game.

Say we wanted to find out who the greatest warrior of the world is. So we hold a competition to the death. People come from all over the world and we put the best 20 of them in a big pit with all kinds of weapons. As a cruel joke I put my grandma in with them. The bell rings and the warriors immediately start hacking at each other. Blood flies everywhere. My poor grandma dives to the ground in fear. But the warriors ignore her anyway. They need to kill the guys who are trying to kill them. One by one they go down until there's only two warriors left and my granny cowering in the corner. The last two fight it out and stab each other. They both fall with fatal wounds. Now, my grandmother, a person who never even killed a fly is rewarded with the title of greatest warrior on earth.

You see the rediculousness in that? The flaw was in the game. My grandmother's strategy was perfect for the rules as they are, but should she really get the title?

This is what I'm talking about with Survivor. It's technically possible for a person never to win any competition, team or individual. Never to make an alliance or any game moves yet still win the game. Natalie was not THAT bad, but compared to Russell and Brett she didn't do much on her own.

My argument is really with the rules of Survivor. It's been the same since season 1, but I'm not alone in how I feel.

LOL I'd say your grandma did indeed earn the title!! She may not be the strongest or the most aggressive but she was the smartest!

I seriously understand what you say. Russell played the game like no one else ever has. He thought outside the box. AND that game play may change the game for future players. He deserves to be in All Stars - I still don't think I would cross the street to take his picture or shake his hand. I do believe that if any of the other people on All Stars had the opportunity to see this season he would not get away with it again. He would be voted out early. I think his ego is his worst enemy. If I give him a thought at all I get a little chuckle thinking the title of soul survivor is not his. (I know that is not nice)

I couldn't bring myself to cheer for him but I never stopped watching either. CBS accomplished what they wanted by focusing on him the entire season and we are still here talking about him! LOL

Regis Philpin was on Joy Berhar show on CNN2. He of course was the host on reality show who want to be a millionaire and said producers do things to make it interesting. Whatever that means.

I suppose if you look at Amazing Race they alway do things so that the teams are even each segment. Is that cheating no, is it unfair no, that part of the game. It would not be a very good game if one team was way ahead of the other ones.

I have a suggestion. Let's put it to a vote.

All those in favor of Snancypants and Baron going on Survivor 21 say "I". All those not in favor say "Ney"

""""I""""

Both of you have made very good arguments.

Nothing personel, but I agree with both of you.

This is why I like posting at Morty's. Two people can have a difference of opinion and do so with respect. :party_smilie: HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have a suggestion. Let's put it to a vote.

All those in favor of Snancypants and Baron going on Survivor 21 say "I". All those not in favor say "Ney"

I was all set to try out for Survivor 2. I made a video and everything, but decided against it for some reason. I think I'd do OK on Survivor, but the food thing scares me. I couldn't eat anything gross. I don't even like fish. If I was going to try out for something, it would be TAR.

TAR would be allot more fun than Survivor, even if you lost. To travel all over the world would be a blast. But in several seasons they have had to eat or drink something gross. That's the part I would have trouble with. Being a cajun I'll darn near eat anything that won't eat me first but some of the things I've seen them have to eat would have me tossing my cookies in no time.

Lately they've had it where the food is an option, like this past season they had to eat a salted herring or do the other challenge. I would have been golfing. TAR is definitely more fun. It's also more fair. Come in last and your out. Just don't come in last. Usually the best competitive team wins the show.

I just read about Baron's grandmother being awarded the title of Greatest Warrior on Earth.

(I don't usually entertain arguments by analogy, but this one was just that; entertaining!)

Congratulations, Baron's Grandma!

You were put into a pit as a cruel joke, yet you evaluated your opponents and situation to devise a winning strategy and escape with your life.

Of course, your strategy did depend in large part on the final two warriors taking each other out fatally at the end, but you got lucky.

The family of one of the final 2 warriors wished me to convey an offer to you; they would like to buy the title of Greatest Warrior on Earth from you for the sum of ten thousand dollars. (You can keep the cash prize, they just want the title.)

P.s. I hope you're not too cross with your grandson for throwing you into that pit, since it did turn out alright, after all.

P.p.s. And I hope you're not still bummed about the way that monopoly game at Baron's house turned out, after you had ended up with all the cash and assets.

Har de har har...

OK I looked up the defintion of "warrior" and this is what I got.

war