Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General Hospital

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
Yep, I agree with everything you just said. GH needs a major overhaul. The writing and acting has grown stale. I do see Jack Wagner on B&B all the time since I love watching that show. It's only a half hour long and it's also very entertaining! biggrin.gif

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
Saw this somewhere and now cant remember where (hope it wasnt here :wink: ) Merv Griffin won a lifetime achievement award at the daytime emmys so he attended the show. He saw a clip where Sonny and Jason are grieving over the loss of Sonny and Sam's baby. Merv thought they were a gay couple and said to a reporter WOW I DIDNT KNOW THEY DID THESE KINDS OF STORIES ON DAYTIME.

Thats it -- I knew Jason and Sonny were going to eventually come out of the closet!!!

PS. Is it just me or does anyone else think its creepy that Jason (who is like Sonny's brother) and Sonny have slept with 2 of the same women and now Rick has slept with 2 of the same women as Sonny (ok technically Sonny hasnt bagged Reese yet but its only a matter of time). They all need to stop hanging out at the same pick up places!! laugh.gif

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
That is hilarious Lauren ... all of it!

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
Had to add this, latest edition of the Enquirer quotes Merv Griffin saying his is a "quarta sexual" he will do anything with anyone for a quarter.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

All I can say is if its true WOW didnt know Merv the Perv had it in him.... If its not, HUGE lawsuit.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: Recaps

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

After Alan's false accusation, Jason is taken down to the station house for questioning about Durant's shooting. Wanting to protect him, Michael hurries down to the police station where he overhears Alan telling his lies. Michael interrupts and quickly states that Jason could not have killed Durant or A.J. Jason tries to stop him from confessing that he killed A.J. As they talk, Jodie overhears their big secret. Meanwhile, Monica learns about Alan's deception and blasts him for trying to ruin Jason's life. Jason is later cleared of any charges in the shooting Monica steps in to help with the surgery on Durant. Carly accuses Reese of having a secret agenda but before Reese can admit who she really is, Ric stops her. Alexis approaches Reese about her plan to get a divorce and asks her to sleep with Ric. Later, Ric and Alexis get into another heated argument though both feel the attraction still drawing them to one another. Jessie insists to Maxie that he's wanted for a crime he didn't commit. When Maxie's condition improves, Monica gives Felicia the good news that she may not need a heart transplant after all. Concerned about Georgie, Dillon chooses not to attend film school after all. Planning on obtaining "a specimen," Courtney seduces Jax but the heat of their passion causes her to lose track of her goal.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(Lauren)
PS.  Ratings for GH are at an all time low.  I am not surprised that jumping in last year you didnt much care for the show. I am hearing at different sites that some major changes may be on the way. In fact, Darcy over at soapscope.net has started a letter writing campaign to appeal to ABC to basically put the hospital back in GH (less sonny centric story telling, full use of the cast etc.)

found this in another thread in this Forum ...

Lauren, I so understand it ... I dropped the show from my viewing schedule around that time ... I too miss the Hospital! :wink:

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
I've seen a couple of sites with a spoiler that there will be an upcoming storyline with Bobbie being fired from the hospital -- durant suing over alleged mistakes during his operation. More air time for Jackie Zeman is always a step in the right direction and I liked her scenes with Carly and Tony this week a lot.

There was a rumor this past week that Guza and Pratt, the head writers, may be reigned in a bit due to the low ratings. The rumor went as far as to have them quitting in disgust. While I am starting to believe that was a bit of wishful thing from the folks over at datalounge, I do believe we will see some changes.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Well, it sure needs re-tooling ... or maybe that's the problem ... stop re-tooling and go back to the magic of the Luke / Laura / Scorpio days ... or am I just living in the past again? oops.gif

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
I think there may have been drinking problems with one of the key persons back in that age and that may be why they havent brought him back. I understand Tony Geary has advocated this particular person's return for the longest time.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
That rumour is fact and was widely reported in mainstream media ... but they would have to wipe away a lot of the plots as a dream to resurrect those days now ... JMHO.

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
Come on -- Anna is already back from the dead as is Faison-- not much of a stretch to bring back Robert too! No bodies = not dead in the land of soaps!

They are my all time favorite soap couple. I remember the night that he called her frumpy looking, so she put on a little nightie and showed up at his house. She got him all worked up, tied him up with her stockings to a post and left him there -- ALL NIGHT.

Now THATS good soap biggrin.gif

I think Finola Hughes left AMC because she wanted to go back to the West Coast and she has the What Not to Wear show so she didnt need the work. The right contracts could get her and tristan to resign.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Well, you are right ... I was thinking of the weird road they took Laura down ... oops.gif

But I will take anything right now ... remember Tiffany? She was a hoot!

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
You are making me sad thinking about how great the show USE to be cry.gif

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
ya, me too! well, if they restore the magic, let me know and I will start watching again! :wink:

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE
[quote=previews][size=9]Only a little while after their live-in relationship has begun, Sonny and Reese already have a domestic disagreement. Carly's jealous hatred for Reese grows stronger, prompting her to take action against her ex's lover. Matters worsen when Carly's new husband Alcazar catches the bee-yatch in a lie. (Now there's a surprise.) Luke has an interesting proposition for Skye.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE:

Friday, June 24, 2005

Jesse returns again to his new friend in the ICU. Luke suspects Skye of working Coleman to make him jealous but she assures him he couldn't be more wrong. Sam nags Jason to support her in her quest to get Michael the help he needs from Dr. Thomas. Miffed to learn that her mother has already hired Reese to represent her in the malpractice suit, Carly accuses her rival of using Bobbie to further her own hidden agenda. Meanwhile, John blackmails Alexis into helping him sue Bobbie and the hospital for criminal negligence. Jax reminds Courtney how they need to keep trying to obtain a sperm sample. Certain passion will sweep them away again if she participates, Courtney laughingly informs her husband he'll have to fly solo next time. Reese covers with a plausible sounding lie when Sonny wonders why she has a yearbook from Carly's high school. Later, Sonny presents a delighted Reese with the key to his former penthouse. Jesse tells Maxie he's been accused of shooting a man. Georgie and Dillon declare their undying love. Tracy plans a lavish bash to polish the Quartermaines' image and attract new investors to ELQ. Jason warns an irked Sonny that moving Reese into the penthouse is a slap in Carly's face. Facing off with Reese yet again, Carly demands to know why her rival has insinuated herself into every single part of her life since the moment she hit town. Luke and Coleman enter into a wager. Mac puts out an APB on the rogue cop who's become the prime suspect in Durant's shooting.

SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts
Do we know who Jesse is??

You're right! It's not quite the show it used to be. I would love it if Anna and Robert would come back. I really like Finola Hughes.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Yup I am soooooooooooo stuck in the past ... I want the good ole days ... I remember the Luke/Laura wedding and being glued to the set ... fond memories! That storyline gave Daytime continuing stories their due and proper attention ...

I am worried it was all squandered, but I keep hoping! :wink:

DefntlyDiffrnt

DefntlyDiffrnt

• Pip
  • 86 posts
I have to say that I agree on so many things that I just thought it prudent to say my own thing...

As far as Laura - WTF? That story line made no sense to get rid of her. They tried to cover up a bad move and did it shamefully. This woman has made it her life to venture the marble in different personalities that she couldn't develop one permanently when so traumatized? Whatever...

The new Carly SUCKS! Yeah, I said it. She is so f'g horrible I have no words left to describe it except explicitives. I don't even watch her crap story lines anymore and I loved the original Carly b/c she had some crappy stuff but you paid attention b/c she portrayed the character well.

The new Edward Quartermaine SUCKS! No way he should've been cast b/c he looks like he should be Alan's brother.

The new Felicia - somewhat acceptable but only b/c she portrays a small part of what Felicia used to be. You don't take dynamic characters and make them mediocre.

I can't believe they brought a new Maxie to have her go through losing her heart again. But then this is the same show that had us travelling to the center of the earth is some time warp for a precious jewel that controlled families. Pffft...I stopped watching then too...

Anyway...I watch it b/c I started a new generation w/my daughters...so...we keep trying to hope for the ole days...

dayzeestarr

dayzeestarr

• Pip
  • 141 posts
the whole maxie's heart storyline was a waste!
what was the point?
they told her goodbye several times because she was taking her last breath, then all the sudden she is fine
and georgie...wtf
she hits her head, has brain surgery, a near death experience, almost dies again.....then is out working at the pizza shack (where did this place come from, and how did jason and sam figure out how to make their own pizza there)....anyway georgie is back working there less than a week after BRAIN SURGERY...come on

i hated the new carly
but ...hate to say this
i like her with alcazar
they are a good solid couple and seem to be in love
i don't like her with sonny, or her kids or anyone else from her old life, but i can see her and alcazar going places

ive got sooo much more to say on many gh topics
but just found this place
and this is my first post
so i'll save some more ranting for next time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users