Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

General Hospital

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
Speculation Over: Braun Out as GH's Carly

Tamara Braun (Carly Corinthos) has finally ended the speculation surrounding her future with General Hospital. The Emmy-nominated actress has opted not to renew her contract with the ABC soap.

It's been several months since the first wave of "will she or won't she" rumors started making the rounds on Internet message boards. In January, Soap Opera Central first reported on Braun's uncertain status with General Hospital. At the time, the actress explained that her contract wasn't up when everyone seemed to think it was up. Though Braun didn't tip her hand, it did allow for some breathing room.

Since that time, insiders say that the network executives have been trying frantically to get the actress to re-up with the show. Braun, however, has decided that she wants to spread her wings and tackle some new roles.

With the announcement earlier this year that Sarah Brown (ex-Carly Corinthos) would be exiting her role as Julia Larrabee on CBS's As the World Turns, there was wide speculation that ABC might try to woo the actress back to the network to reprise the role of Carly in the event of Braun's exit. In a recent interview with Soap Opera Digest, ABC Daytime president Brian Frons admitted to wanting Brown back - not necessarily as Carly -- but he also admitted that he didn't want to lose Braun.

Braun joined the cast of General Hospital in May 2001.

An ABC spokesperson confirms Braun's exit, but comments that talk of a recast is "premature." Previous comments from show insiders seemed to imply that the role of Carly would eventually be recast. Internet rumors now claim that Carly will be written off the canvas temporarily in a "presumed dead" storyline until a suitable recast can be found.

smoore

smoore

• Pip
  • 74 posts
They've already recast Carly, the new actress starts April 18.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
I am glad this thread was started ... I used to be a huge fan of the show, and stopped watching when they put Laura away after she killed Rick.

Then I started reading that something was going on with her ...

Could anyone bring me up to date on what eventually has happened with Laura?

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
I've been hearing about Tamara Braun's imminent departure for a while now. I wish they'd get Sarah Brown (old Carly) to reprise her role...too bad. Apparently, Jennifer Bransford will be the new Carly.

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
'GH's' Sonny finds
himself in bed with a fed

By CAROLYN HINSEY

Sonny and Reese hit the sheets next week on "General Hospital."
Too bad they'll be interrupted by Sonny's estranged wife, Carly.

"Reese grabs him," says Maurice Benard, who plays the cuckolding criminal. "He's having a scene with her, and she just comes at him and gives him a kiss. They make out. He takes her upstairs and one thing leads to another."

Port Charles' biggest mobster is smooching someone in law enforcement?

"He needs comfort," says Benard, referring to the death of Sonny's son Michael (who viewers know is actually alive). "But he's not going to trust an FBI agent, no matter what. Sonny's playing her. He likes her, but he's playing her. Sonny's a good actor."

Sonny isn't faking his attraction to Reese (Kari Wuhrer), though, once they hit the bedroom.

"But Carly stops it," says Benard. "The alarm goes off, so then he knows someone has been there. He jumps up and goes downstairs and Max says, 'It was Carly.' Sonny's like, 'Aw, s-!'"

He's got trouble upstairs, too.

"The scene after is pretty funny because Sonny goes back up and she's getting ready to go," he says. "Sonny's like, 'Whoa, where ya going?'"

Reese is outta there, so Sonny goes looking for Carly.

But in some unusual timing, the Carly who catches Sonny in bed with Reese is played by Tamara Braun, who has left "GH" for greener pastures.

So the action picks up the following Monday with Jennifer Bransford in the role.

"My first day with Jennifer, we had enormous scenes," says Benard. "I'm talking monologues where she says 'Michael's alive!' where we had to drive like seven or eight big scenes. It was her second day - her first day with me - and I was like, 'Okay. Right on!' She had to convince Sonny that Michael was alive and she rocked it."

In the weeks to come, Benard will find his character increasingly torn between Carly and Reese.

"As long as I'm not playing him slimy, it's going to work," says Benard. "If Sonny is just playing Reese to get an FBI agent in his pocket and doesn't really like her, then he's slimy. I don't want to be, 'Hey, baby. How you doing, Reese? Come upstairs!' It's not going to be like that. I'm going to try to do it subtly, where the audience may not know exactly what I'm doing." Benard will, though. "Yeah," he says. "It's time for Sonny to get his groove on."

smoore

smoore

• Pip
  • 74 posts
Ranster, Laura is still in the mental hospital. Heather Webber came back and kidnapped Laura to get to Luke, but Luke eventually found her and returned her safely to the hospital. Heather went to jail for murder.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(smoore)
Ranster, Laura is still in the mental hospital. Heather Webber came back and kidnapped Laura to get to Luke, but Luke eventually found her and returned her safely to the hospital. Heather went to jail for murder.
Thank you soooooooo much ... I knew someone would come through for me! Is Luke still pining, or is it really over?

smoore

smoore

• Pip
  • 74 posts
You're welcome! Well, Luke was with Skye for a little bit. But they've broken up and he's pretty much still pining. It's kinda sad.

Jackie

Jackie

• Pip
  • 126 posts
Anyone have an opinion on the new Carly? I think she stepped in at the worst time possible. I wish the old Carly stayed around until the Michael issue was resolved.

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
YEah kind of an odd place for her to jump in. I don't watch the show often because sonny and carly are always on.

The new carly looks older than the last

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
Yeah, the new Carly does look older. I miss our old Carly and it will tak me a long time to get used to the new one.... sad.gif

nawlinsgal

nawlinsgal

• Pip
  • 1,291 posts
I guess I will get use to her but right now I dont care for the new Carly at all...and yes she does seem older and she doesn't have that look of being vulnerable, sexy and in control all at one time going on like the past 2 Carlys.

What do you think about how Michael is acting? I really don't think Michael would of been taken in that easily...I mean the kids no dummy...well now he is....lol

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
Do you mean little chuckie? Yeah I think the brainwashing was a little fast. The poor kid's probably so confused since his mommy looks so different

nawlinsgal

nawlinsgal

• Pip
  • 1,291 posts
LMAO@LittleChuckie.....to funny...

I love your avatar..I'm a bleacher bum from way back...like Jose Cardinal that far back....lol

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
QUOTE(nawlinsgal)
LMAO@LittleChuckie.....to funny...

I love your avatar..I'm a bleacher bum from way back...like Jose Cardinal that far back....lol

been a semi fan since Jr. High and a more hard core fan since college. My ma got me into them. Only been to wrigley once. And sat in the bleachers it was awesome!!

back on topic...Is A.J. gonna be killed again?

nawlinsgal

nawlinsgal

• Pip
  • 1,291 posts
Oh my if Jason or Sonny sees his ass....I would venture to say he could kiss it goodbye>>> laugh.gif

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
Is it just me or does the new carly have absolutely no chemistry with sonny. She is so tall every time she looks him straight in the eyes I get the feeling that she is about to go postal and kick his azz. Bransford can act but I sure miss Tamara Braun cry.gif

But I am loving the Mikey killed AJ storyline. I knew Michael had a bad streak inside him but I wouldnt have guessed he was capable of patracide.

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
I posted this in OLTL as well because it goes to the heart of how ABC treats its talent.

Check out this site -- Felicia has been recast -- ABC refused to give Kristina Wagner a contract and she walked.

http://groups.msn.co...Two/ghnews.msnw

The actors (at least the non-minority characters) are usually taken care of but the actresses, especially those over 40 are treated basically like crap.

For those of you who havent watched GH for many years, GH is about to revisit a story that goes to the core of GH's history -- BJ's heart. The BJ's heart story line was one of the most famous storylines in the history of the show - it went on for months, had major ramifications for almost every character on the canvas, and won the show numerous awards. Two long term characters, Bobbie and Tony Jones, lost their young daughter in a sudden way. Three other long term characters, Felicia, step-father Mac and bio father (and Tony's brother) Frisco were facing the impending death of their young daughter to heart failure. The daughter, Maxie, had been played for years by the same young actress (Robyn Richards) so the audience was really attached to her. Eventually, Tony and Bobbie made the decision to donate BJ's heart to Maxie and Maxie ultimately lived. The last scene before the donation was Tony with his head lying on the chest of his brain dead daughter listening to her heart beat one last time. For years after, we watched Tony and Bobbie mourn BJ and even commemorate the date of her death and we watched young Maxie struggle with the idea that her beloved cousin had to die so that she could live.

Now GH is preparing a storyline where Maxie starts to have medical problems with BJ's heart. But they are telling the story with a recast Maxie (they JUST dumped the original actress), a recast Felicia (they had the original Felicia on recurring but refused to give her a contract), no Frisco (Jack Wagner is now at CBS where they treat their talent with RESPECT), and no Tony, who was was basically let go years ago. Why TPTB at ABC are going to tell the story this way, with actors no one cares about it, is beyond me.

Yes, recasts are a necessary evil but to throw all these new faces in a major story right away when the ORIGINAL ACTRESSES ARE AVAILABLE is beyond me.

And dont get me started with how they lost Vanessa Marcil -- she said she was willing to stay with the show but didnt want to work so many hours. They had her on 5 days a week and when her six month contract was up she walked.

Then there's Genie Francis who they treated like dirt and she walked.

With the cancellation of Port Charles, Lynn Herring (Lucy) is available but they havent brought her back -- another example of bias against actresses over 40.

They treated Anna Lee (Lila) shamefully -- they promised that she would always have a contract with GH and they dropped her to recurring months before her eventual death. Her son basically begged ABC to give her a contract as the show gave her motivation to live and she had been on for decades, but ABC didnt give a shit.

Her on screen husband, John Ingle (Edward) was given the similiar shaft so he is now on NBC and we got to watch Lila's memorial service with a recast Edward who is young enough to have been Lila's son instead of her husband.

And finally there is tamara braun. We now have a horribly recast Carly because again they treated their talent like property. Tamara was reportedly offered a big raise, but she walked over issues of respect. More power to her -- we will see her again on our screens. The producers said events are more important that characters and that thinking is what is ruining the show (and the other ABC shows as well.)

mango

mango

• Pip
  • 333 posts
QUOTE(Lauren)
Now GH is preparing a storyline where Maxie starts to have medical problems with BJ's heart. But they are telling the story with a recast Maxie (they JUST dumped the original actress), a recast Felicia (they had the original Felicia on recurring but refused to give her a contract), no Frisco (Jack Wagner is now at CBS where they treat their talent with RESPECT), and no Tony, who was was basically let go years ago. Why TPTB at ABC are going to tell the story this way, with actors no one cares about it, is beyond me.

I cannot believe that they are going to revisit this storyline without the pivotal characters that were originally involved.... I miss Felicia and I think that she was severely underutilized! But now to replace her completely?! I did hear that GH's new Maxie was going to be Days of Our Lives' Belle. What about Frisco and Tony? Are they just going to write them out completely?

QUOTE(Lauren)
Yes, recasts are a necessary evil but to throw all these new faces in a major story right away when the ORIGINAL ACTRESSES ARE AVAILABLE is beyond me.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with you!

QUOTE(Lauren)
And dont get me started with how they lost Vanessa Marcil -- she said she was willing to stay with the show but didnt want to work so many hours.  They had her on 5 days a week and when her six month contract was up she walked.

Brenda and her storylines were what made GH so great and interesting to watch!!

QUOTE(Lauren)
With the cancellation of Port Charles, Lynn Herring (Lucy) is available but they havent brought her back -- another example of bias against actresses over 40.

I miss her. She was an interesting character.

QUOTE(Lauren)
They treated Anna Lee (Lila) shamefully -- they promised that she would always have a contract with GH and they dropped her to recurring months before her eventual death. Her son basically begged ABC to give her a contract as the show gave her motivation to live and she had been on for decades, but ABC didnt give a shit. Her on screen husband, John Ingle (Edward) was given the similiar shaft so he is now on NBC and we got to watch Lila's memorial service with a recast Edward who is young enough to have been Lila's son instead of her husband.

Lila's death was heartbreaking and I miss the grumpy, scheming old Edward.

QUOTE(Lauren)
And finally there is tamara braun.  We now have a horribly recast Carly because again they treated their talent like property.  Tamara was reportedly offered a big raise, but she walked over issues of respect.  More power to her -- we will see her again on our screens.  The producers said events are more important that characters and that thinking is what is ruining the show (and the other ABC shows as well.)

Don't even get me started on Carly!! I MISS Tamara Braun. If they were going to replace her, why not go with the original Carly? Probably because she didn't want to come back....

GH has lost so many great actors. Even Jonathan Jackson (old Lucky) and Amber Tamblyn (old Emily) went on to bigger and better things. And they are underutilizing many of their other actors. Jax, for example, has had the most boring storylines since Brenda left. Even Luke is just flittering around. I used to love GH....now I probably watch it once a month.
sad.gif

Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts
Like I said the actor who played Tony (Brad Maule) has been long gone aside from the occassional guest stint. I read somewhere he is teaching acting down in Texas and has an art gallery there as well. Jack Wagner (Frisco) is playing Nick on the Bold and the Beautiful. He's been there a few years now I think (but I dont watch that show)

I just dont understand why they fired Robyn Richards. Yes, Kristen Storms was belle on Days and I think she does stuff for ABC on the disney channel, but without Robyn and Kristina Wagner, they lose the ability to use the back story effectively, flashbacks etc. I guess thats a question for Days fans, will they follow Kristen to GH? I am guessing thats what ABC is banking on.

I found a site a while back that had clips from when Robert Scorpio and Anna Devane were the leads. What struck me was the quality of the writing. There were so many good occassional characters that were unique and quirky and the dialoge popped. The actors were good looking but they could act, not just pose. And the characters were diverse -- old, young, ethnic, anglo etc.

GH needs an overall IMHO. I am willing to give the nuCarly a chance to grow in the role, but I dont think its going to work. After pilot season they should try to get one of the two Carly's back (I prefer Braun because the character has changed over the years, but would be happy with Brown) I'm not sure where they go with Jax but the pairing with Courtney has made them both even more boring than they were before. I wish they would bring back some of the fun and romance the show use to be known for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users