Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Episode 6.11: Blink(Crossover with Private Practice)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,846 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 6.11: Title Unknown

Airdate: January 14, 2010

• 11/01 - Tom Lloyd: Male, All Ethnicities, mid-20's, pro football player at the height of his glory. Must have big upper body. Patient in the hospital. Ruthie Houston: Female, All Ethnicities, mid 40's - mid 50's. Dopey, neurotic, patient in the hospital. Jessie Lloyd: Female, All Ethnicities, mid-20's, wife of TOM. Energetic, sweet, fun, cute & small. Dr. Oslow: Male, All Ethnicities, 30's-40's, football teams doctor. Rob: Male, mid to late 30's, All Ethnicities except caucasian and Afriancan-Amerian. Handsome doctor. Gregor: Male, All Ethnicites, 30's, geeky guy, harried and irritated. Source: SpoilerTV

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,846 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 6.11: Title Unknown (Crossover with Private Practice)

Airdate: January 14, 2010

• 12/13/09 - Football injuries are a very trendy topic these days, and Grey's Anatomy jumps on the bandwagon in episode 11 when the gang treats a quarterback injured during a game. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 12/13/09 - In what has become something of an annual tradition, Private Practice's Kate Walsh is heading back to Grey's Anatomy in early January to play a key role in a top-secret crossover event involving Addison, Mark, and [Mark's daughter.] In the Grey's half of the crossover, Mark summons Addison to Seattle Grace to perform a surgery on [Mark's daughter]. The storyline spills over into Private when, according to exec producer Shonda Rhimes, "complications arise and Mark ends up taking [her] back down to Los Angeles to get more surgery." Source: The Ausiello Files

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,846 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, GREY'S ANATOMY EPISODES

Grey's Anatomy Episode: "Blink"

Season 6, Episode 10
Episode Synopsis: Addison (Kate Walsh) arrives from L.A. to help Mark with a difficult operation on his pregnant daughter (Leven Rambin); Owen questions Teddy's motives when she assigns Cristina to lead a complicated surgery; and the Chief recruits Meredith to assist with a high-profile operation, raising Derek's suspicions. Ruthie: Cynthia Stevenson. Original Air Date: Jan 14, 2010

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,846 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Grey's Anatomy Episode Recap: "Blink"

Jan 15, 2010 09:27 AM ET by Adam Bryant

Watch Episode

In this episode of Grey's Anatomy, Addison returns to Seattle Grace to operate on Mark's daughter Sloan, whose baby faces the threat of losing its leg. Meanwhile, Derek becomes more suspicious of the Chief when he gives away a high-profile surgery, Alex looks to move on from his troubled marriage with Izzie, and tensions grow between Teddy, Cristina and Owen after Teddy assigns Cristina a valve replacement surgery.

"A time bomb in a uterus"
Things are strained at the Sloan household, as Lexie is not fond of her new roommate, Mark's daughter, Sloan. (She is even forced to shower at Callie and Yang's place, which I am pretty sure was written only as a way to see Calzona making out in the shower.) Lexie agrees, however, to give Sloan an ultrasound at Mark's request. When she discovers that amniotic bands are wrapped around the baby's legs, potentially causing the baby to lose a limb, Mark calls in Addison Montgomery.

Sloan, worried that she will have a "stumpy," "gimp" baby, decides to proceed with the risky surgery. But when Addison sees the arteries are engorged, Mark decides proceeding any further with the surgery is too risky and demands that Addison shut the surgery down. Although she's angry at Mark, she tells him that he was acting like a parent, not a doctor, which is as much of a compliment as it is a condemnation. Once things cool down (and Sloan freaks out), Lexie suggests that Mark take Sloan to L.A. where Addison can finish the surgery. (ABC crossover stunts are so non-obvious!) Realizing that he's figuring this parenting thing out, Mark agrees, but also tells Sloan she can live at his place and they can raise the baby together, mother and grandfather style.

Lexie is not amused, and when she tells Mark so, he makes it clear that if he has to choose, he will choose his daughter. So, she moves back into Meredith's place, where she sees Alex, who is also moving back in and moving on from his rocky marriage to Izzie. Throughout the day, Alex and Reed flirted with the idea of hooking up, despite Meredith and Charlie's protestations. After a few hits on the bottle of wine, however, Lexie and Alex get right down to business.

"He's drinking again"
Derek is concerned that Meredith is staying at the hospital every night to watch old surgical footage with the Chief, her new mentor. His suspicions only rise when, in an effort to set Bailey up on a date, he comes across one of her patients who is still receiving follow-ups long after it is required. (You might remember him as the yellow-tinted patient who the Chief almost killed by cutting his bile duct. Derek makes the connection, and sets out to get answers.

Meanwhile, Derek treats a football star who took a bad hit. He only has a concussion, but he also needs his spleen removed. When Derek delivers the "good" news that the star player will be able to play next season, he has a panic attack. Derek realizes that his patient wants to get out of the game, because he can no longer block out the fear and he's worried that his new son might not have a father if his injuries ever get worse. Derek suggests he and Callie proceed with a knee replacement, which will keep him off the gridiron permanently.

Derek, however, approaches the Chief about performing the spleenectomy, who tries to wiggle out of it. Derek urges him to take on the case since it's a high-profile patient, and the Chief agrees. When Derek goes in to check on the surgery, however, he sees the Chief has recruited Bailey and Meredith instead. Meredith tries to stonewall Derek when he asks for answers, but he says he already knows why the Chief hasn't operated in months. So Meredith makes a confession: The Chief is off the wagon.

"Fine, then take him"
Cristina, meanwhile, is in danger of losing her own mentor. After Teddy assigns Yang a solo valve replacement, she gets to work prepping for the surgery. Her patient, however, is highly allergic and downright nuts, so she spends most of the episode deciding whether to use a pig or cow valve. (The mechanical valve clicks too much, you see.) The surgery gets complicated, however, when Yang can't find or stop a bleeder and Teddy sits by unwilling to help.

Owen runs down from the galley to insist that Teddy help Yang, but she refuses. Cristina throws Owen out of the OR and finally regains her composure and successfully completes the surgery. Later, Owen goes after Teddy for nearly letting the patient die, but she says it never would have happened. Teddy says Cristina needs to be pushed. Cristina would agree, as she tells Owen she felt alive again for the first time in months. One problem: Teddy is leaving Seattle. When Cristina presses Teddy to give a reason, she says she wants Owen, and Cristina tells Teddy she can have him in order for her to stay. Not sure Dr. Hunt is going to love hearing that.

Finally, because the storyline was silly but because Bailey always gets the best speeches, here's an excerpt from her monologue regarding the would-be lunch date with the radiologist Derek tried to set her up with: ''I'm in the middle of a divorce. People call me the Nazi, and it's not because of my ice blue eyes. I spend 12 hours a day carving people up, and I like it. I have a child and I have no room for casual anything. I'm angry all the time. ... You want lunch, or you wanna show me the scan?'' Yeah, I left out the weird diversion into child urination, but you get the point, right? I love Bailey.

What did you think of the episode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users