Sign in to follow this  
SugarB

TAR Discussion Thread

YES!!!!!!!!!!! So glad Mika couldn't do the slide. She seems like a sweet girl, but Canaan is an asshole, and I hope she realizes someday soon, that he is abusive (for sure verbally, and I'll bet if he's not now, someday he will be physically abusive) and that she deserves better than that. Hope the trotters realize how close they came to blowing it and get their game together. Pretty smart of them to ask for the calculator. And the other guys for bringing one. I'll admit, I was pissed at first when they let the poker skanks borrow it, but it turned out to be a smart move. Let them figure out the needed amount and tell them. They should be good with anything to do with money, right?

Forgot to say, I hope Erica and Brian go next. He's okay, but I can't stand her. She is lazy and self absorbed. I am so sick of her sitting around watching him do everything.

I can't believe that they lost because whiny wouldn't do the slide.... even lazy Erica did it LOL, she looked pretty funny in those floaties too HAHHAHAH

The globetrotters almost lost tonight.. better step up their game, if she had done the slide it would have been all over for them...

Mika was a jerk but I would have been pretty frustrated if my partner wouldn't do the slide too..... but his attitude toward the trotters was pretty rude... he needs to learn some manners

Had it just been tonight I wouldn't have thought anything about Canaan's behavior (well I would have thought he was an ass, but not as much as I do now), but he also treated her like shit the first episode (I think it was the first, it was early on). I hate that he hides behind his self declared "I'm such an awesome Christian man" but in reality, he treats the woman in his life like crap on his feet. Hypocrit.

She is whiny, but I still hate the way he treats and talks to her.

Had it just been tonight I wouldn't have thought anything about Canaan's behavior (well I would have thought he was an ass, but not as much as I do now), but he also treated her like shit the first episode (I think it was the first, it was early on). I hate that he hides behind his self declared "I'm such an awesome Christian man" but in reality, he treats the woman in his life like crap on his feet. Hypocrit.

Oh definitely it shines through that he is a colossal jerk..... probably all that no sex stuff... he's all pent up!!

I still would have thrown her down the slide though haha

Oh definitely it shines through that he is a colossal jerk..... probably all that no sex stuff... he's all pent up!!

:smilielol: your on a roll !!

:animated_rotfl: Good point. Maybe he needs to learn how to, ummmmmmm, relieve his own tension?

:animated_rotfl: Good point. Maybe he needs to learn how to, ummmmmmm, relieve his own tension?

He'd probably be a lot more relaxed.... is it wrong that I still can't get over how silly she looked with those dang floaties on :smilielol:

She went on a show with challenges and many of them heights and then refused to challenge them. The slide was a pretty easy one. I can see where he was frustrated.

That's what I don't get! How stupid is it that you apply to be on a show where you know heights are involved and then freak out? Did you think they would change the competitions just for you??

I admit that I did laugh when he tried to throw her down the slide. Actually, typing it just now made me laugh again! LOL!

She went on a show with challenges and many of them heights and then refused to challenge them. The slide was a pretty easy one. I can see where he was frustrated.

Sure. I'd be frustrated too. However I hope I wouldn't be so aggressive that I'd try to physically force anyone to do what they were too afraid to do. That's pretty abusive. She was panicking and what he was doing and saying was just increasing her panic. Its like feeling you're in the middle of traffic with no where to go. Imagine the adreneline released. She then had no control over her response- get way from the danger. I used to have a panic disorder and boy could I feel her fear. I hate to sound so clinical but once he helped activate her adreneline system nothing external could stop it. He needed to wait it out quietly and calmly and then encourage her to try it again. Maybe she would have been able to hear him then. And maybe not but at least he would have been supportive and not such a jerk.

I don't really see where he was abusive. I will have to watch it over. He put him arm around her when she gave up and said that it was OK.

Help me Help me Help me. geeeeeeez. She should never have gone on a show if a water slide it too much of a challenge. Many times they have to climb up a side of a building or much worse if you are afraid of heights.

I loved the slide challenge and don't really want to pass judgement on either Mika or Caanan.

What I do think is that "the slide" was another example of why the Amazing Race is amazing...I had no idea that anything like that on earth existed.

Yes the challenge seemed simple from one's armchair - but it also showed that one person's fun is another person's struggle.

A five story drop, at an almost 90 degree angle, into a claustrophobic tube, filled with sharks and then plummeting into water played into so many human fears.

What I saw though, was that she was very close to calming herself to a point she may have tried and he would always then inject himself, probably thinking he was being helpful but really making matters worse.

I felt so bad for her. Yeah, it's just a slide for a person that likes water slides, but she looked truly afraid. He was an ass through and through. lol

What I saw though, was that she was very close to calming herself to a point she may have tried and he would always then inject himself, probably thinking he was being helpful but really making matters worse.

I felt so bad for her. Yeah, it's just a slide for a person that likes water slides, but she looked truly afraid. He was an ass through and through. lol

This is what I saw too. She was really trying to calm herself and he just kept at her and at her, he totally made it worse. I don't think The Globetrotters helped either.

I also felt really bad for her. I have a huge fear of heights and I know what it's like to be that scared and have people trying to force you down(my dad tried to do the same thing to me at raging waters when I was a kid), it makes you even more afraid. He's like the worst boyfriend ever. :P

From Reality Blurred:

I see nothing but Canaan 1) trying to force her to sit down, and she struggles and pushes him back as she cries out, and 2) putting his hands atop hers and moving them, which looked like he was trying to pry her hands off the bar, which is supported by her response that they couldn

I don't think it was abusive, how many times have you all prodded, pulled, tugged etc, a stubborn child away from a gym set at the park when it didn't want to go home???????

He did spend 45 minutes trying to talk her into going down the slide and she just whined. I do know if she had been having a real panic attack she would have been frozen and not gotten even near the slide but she did. So his last try was to go down the slide first and hope she would come down without him there. Well she gave up and walked down the stairs in her little water wings. What a waste.