Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Survivor 19 SPOILERS

The winner is always announced live on the east coast on finale night... There is always a rumor that people knows who wins, but they are just guesses, if you stop to think you will see them vote on the island, then you see Jeff say I'll go tally the votes, then you used to see him go through this big production getting the votes back to the states for the live show, but they stopped that and now you just see him walking them in from off stage... They aren't supposed to be read until that point...

So the final TC isn't live but the vote casting is? Or the final TC and vote reading are both done live? Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to figure out if this spoiler is completely made up.

"Oh, and according to this spoiler person they said one of the three blows everyone away with their speech. They say it's not Russell and he takes a very 'Mike Tyson' approach and is arrogant. So it's between Natalie and Mick, and considering John and Dave have both labelled Mick 'socially inept', I really cannot imagine him delivering an amazing speech. So that leaves Natalie, and I often find in interviews with the jury, they all say they didn't have any clue Natalie was a strong player or threat at the time. I don't know, maybe I'm looking too into it but if you couple that with Jeff's OTT praise of her in every single blog (he actually managed to dedicate a whole paragraph on her doing her laundry this week in that passing scene, I mean I love Natalie as much as the next person but seriously?), I'm back to seriously thinking Natalie's won this."

I dunno but I wouldn't be all THAT upset if the above prediction/spoiler/whatever proved true.

I do remember reading about an offshore gaming company suspending betting on one of the survivor shows because of a suspicious deluge of bets for the same two people as finalists. Can't remember which show but I think it has happened on shows other than survivor, as well.

The winner is always announced live on the east coast on finale night... There is always a rumor that people knows who wins, but they are just guesses, if you stop to think you will see them vote on the island, then you see Jeff say I'll go tally the votes, then you used to see him go through this big production getting the votes back to the states for the live show, but they stopped that and now you just see him walking them in from off stage... They aren't supposed to be read until that point...

Well they always re-arrange the vote for a dramatic effect, so people are bound to know who wins.

So for example, if the votes are 4-3:

They would not allow the four votes to be read in a row, to create an effect they'd make it go 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3...or any other variation that they so choose.

I'm not saying nobody reads the votes before the live finale, I know that's the way it sounded, but what I meant was nobody outside of maybe 3 people know... It's TPTB and I think Jeff knows too, but it's something that they sign in their contracts for work on the show, that they won't divulge information, you know a confidentiality contract... In the past, I know some of the contestants have talked with each other about their votes, and pieced together the winner based on just them talking about it... The spoiler above isn't really a spoiler, more than someone's speculation on who will win based on some spoiler information and some things that they have heard in post "vote off" interviews...

Itsnot, the votes are always done while still on location, this time the votes were all done in Soma, before anyone left the island, even the early cast offs aren't allowed to leave the island before taping is finished, then they do the live finale, where the votes are revealed live, they aren't supposed to have been read by more than a few people that have their jobs staked on not telling the results, and I personally wouldn't lose my job to tell people who won the game...

I don't understand why they went back to F3. F2 is much better. And if it's Mick, Natalie and Russell, I don't understand how anyone but Russell wins this thing.

I'm not saying nobody reads the votes before the live finale, I know that's the way it sounded, but what I meant was nobody outside of maybe 3 people know... It's TPTB and I think Jeff knows too, but it's something that they sign in their contracts for work on the show, that they won't divulge information, you know a confidentiality contract... In the past, I know some of the contestants have talked with each other about their votes, and pieced together the winner based on just them talking about it... The spoiler above isn't really a spoiler, more than someone's speculation on who will win based on some spoiler information and some things that they have heard in post "vote off" interviews...

Itsnot, the votes are always done while still on location, this time the votes were all done in Soma, before anyone left the island, even the early cast offs aren't allowed to leave the island before taping is finished, then they do the live finale, where the votes are revealed live, they aren't supposed to have been read by more than a few people that have their jobs staked on not telling the results, and I personally wouldn't lose my job to tell people who won the game...

Ah I gotcha. Well, it could have been contestant talking to each other as well. But yeah, I guess you are right.

I don't understand why they went back to F3. F2 is much better. And if it's Mick, Natalie and Russell, I don't understand how anyone but Russell wins this thing.

Easily.

If you think Survivor is all about blindsiding people, pissing people off, acting like arrogant bastard you cannot win this game (Ask Boston Rob).

There's a whole part of this game that requires you to build relationships on that island. Russell failed at that. The people in the jury are actual people with actual feelings.

He's playing the game for the show not the jury.

Ah I gotcha. Well, it could have been contestant talking to each other as well. But yeah, I guess you are right.

Easily.

If you think Survivor is all about blindsiding people, pissing people off, acting like arrogant bastard you cannot win this game (Ask Boston Rob).

There's a whole part of this game that requires you to build relationships on that island. Russell failed at that. The people in the jury are actual people with actual feelings.

He's playing the game for the show not the jury.

ITA with this post. Plus, the game isn't over yet and we all know that much can happen in the last few or even LAST episode. Boston Rob is a perfect example. Regardless of who we feel has played the best game, even, there are no guarantees.

This is what I've read:

Shambo

leaves next week with

Jaison

going after. Then

Brett

is voted out leaving

Mick, Natalie and Russell

as the final 3. :)

Works for me!

Works for me!

Yeah, that was pretty much my ideal final 3. I'd be happy with any of them winning honestly. I think

Russell played the best

, but I think I like

Natalie

the most and I respect

Mick's

strategy that he stole from Jordo. :lol: