Sign in to follow this  
Misha

Celebrity Apprentice - Season 3

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Celebrity Apprentice's Darryl Strawberry: I Don't Regret Quitting

Mar 30, 2010 06:37 PM ET by Kate Stanhope

Four-time World Series champion Darryl Strawberry shocked viewers of Celebrity Apprentice on Sunday, when he became only the third person in Apprentice's nine-season history to quit the competition.

The retired MLB player, 48, says he only quit because of exhaustion due to a long year and a busy schedule. "I just hit a point where I was totally exhausted. I was running around and I just had nothing left in the tank," Strawberry said. "It wasn't anything personal. It wasn't about quitting."

Strawberry, whose 16-year baseball career included stints with both the New York Mets and the New York Yankees, said he sacrificed himself for the team. "Everybody was, you know, kind of throwing each other under the bus from time to time because nobody wants to leave," Strawberry said. "In my case, I figured I'll be the one to depart and let the team go forth. ... It wasn't about me. It was about the team. So I have no regrets."

Strawberry, who battled colon cancer following his retirement in 1999, said it was only because of host and executive producer Donald Trump's repeated invitations that he joined the show at all. Although he said Trump was "shocked" by his early exit, Strawberry insisted there were no hard feelings between them.

"I believe that Mr. Trump truly has a good feeling for me," Strawberry said. "He invited me back for the final two. I came back to help out in the last task. He thanked me for coming back and told me I was a good sport. And he also donated $25,000 to my charity [The Darryl Strawberry Foundation]."

Strawberry established the foundation in 2006 with his wife, Tracy, to help increase autism awareness. Strawberry's charitable work with the foundation is part of his new outlook on life following a string of drug-related incidents in the 1990s and 2000s. In 1999, Strawberry was sentenced to 21 months probation and community service for cocaine possession and soliciting sex from a woman posing as a prostitute. He entered drug rehab several times and served 11 months in jail from 2002 to 2003 for violating probation on the 1999 charges.

Beyond the Apprentice, Strawberry's future in reality TV looks doesn't look very promising. "I'm done," he said. "That's all they'll get me on is [Celebrity Apprentice], and that was because of Mr. Trump. It had nothing to do with anybody else."

Strawberry won't say who ends up in the final two, but he is clearly rooting for his now former teammates. "I hope one of the guys end up winning," Strawberry said. "No question. I mean I was never a part of the girl's team. If I would have been on their team, it'd have been a different story."

For the remaining contestants, he has only simple advice: "Have fun. Try not to be too hard on each other. And try not to show too much drama in their personalities," Strawberry said. "Because it makes celebrities look like they're very high maintenance and it makes some of the women look like they're just divas and also some of the guys."

two point that i hit on my post last week which proved true this week

1. holly n summer being a team

2. woman winning every task that involves product placement or kids

was right guy fired? yes clearly

one of worst pm ever.

did i think he would be fired? honestly i was kinda on fence here. while he was grossly incompetent, his incompetency does make for tv gold. so if he wasnt fired , i wouldn't have been surprised. honestly i dont see guy winning another task unless it is fund raising or a merged happens. woman team is just a stronger team and even with their issue they work together better.

overall this season is getting a bit too predictable . seem when a team loses the pm is grossly incompetent so there really is no one else really to blame.

cyndi during their presentation i thought did an awesome job of the character she played. selita was an awful speaker but she overall did a good job as pm since it was her vision of where to take project. i like woman presentation better since again it was more organized. the guys was again too much free styling . guys i feel have too many horrible speakers . they really struggle to explained their presentations .

It was so obvious that Rod was a disaster that to watch Trump keep praising him was difficult, to say the least. i don't think that I've ever seen anyone so incompetent on that show before- even Dennis Rodman whom Trump did the same thing with. Why? Good TV doesn't seem like a good enough excuse. Is Trump just so enamored of celebrities that he loses his perspective? And how the heck did that guy get to be governor? He can't even deliver a good speech or pronounce words correctly. I think Trump risked making a mockery out of his own show had he kept Rod.

I agree that Rod needed to go, but I'm getting really sick of Michael Johnson's "I'm-better-than-you" attitude. Michael did absolutely nothing to help his team. In my opinion, that's worse than doing everything and screwing up. Plus he's too uptight. I wish he'd go but I have a feeling Trump is paving the way for him to win.

And Sharon Osbourne needs a slap in the face. She really needs to be taken down a peg.

It was so obvious that Rod was a disaster that to watch Trump keep praising him was difficult, to say the least. i don't think that I've ever seen anyone so incompetent on that show before- even Dennis Rodman whom Trump did the same thing with. Why? Good TV doesn't seem like a good enough excuse. Is Trump just so enamored of celebrities that he loses his perspective? And how the heck did that guy get to be governor? He can't even deliver a good speech or pronounce words correctly. I think Trump risked making a mockery out of his own show had he kept Rod.

I think at certain times, he was really eloquent. He just can't perform when he's put on the spot.

Not a good trait for a politician, lol.

Watching Rob in all his ineptness, makes me wonder how he ever got to be Governor in the first place! I was glad to see him fired.

I'm sorry, but Sharon needs to get out of there. I know she shouldn't be fired b/c she's been sick the whole time, but she hasn't been doing anything at all and should not be rewarded for that. If the girls lose tonight, and someone besides Sharon is fired, then that will just be wrong.

I'm sorry, but Sharon needs to get out of there. I know she shouldn't be fired b/c she's been sick the whole time, but she hasn't been doing anything at all and should not be rewarded for that. If the girls lose tonight, and someone besides Sharon is fired, then that will just be wrong.

totally agree sharon hasnt been doing much and now sick

not fair to others

but i will back with more commentary on tonight episode

pretty good overall

Glad the guys won, finally. WOnder what the deal was with Michael?

TOTAL BS. Trump wouldn't let Michael even THINK of coming back because it would be UNFAIR to the others in his group who may be fired. WOW. Sharon has been absent for most of the season. And Celita has to leave over Sharon. It really seemed like Sharon was set up to win this whole season. And ha, maybe she still is without doing much work at all.

And where did all the hate for Maria come from?

I personally wish he had fired Holly. I can't stand her, and I wish Maria would have pointed out that Holly and Summer are joined at the hip, so of course she would never bring her back in. I think it's ironic that they said Maria was trying to throw people under the bus -- hello, folks. It's not supposed to be a love fest - -only one person can win! I also wonder what Cindy was going to say when Holly cut her off. I think it wasn't going to be anything good about Ms. Perfect Holly!

tonight was first night i actually felt like i was watching celebrity apprentice

it had it all

great board room , unexpected exit, not typical all blame on pm etc.....

let me touch michael thing i totally felt he just wanted to leave show

i was completely blindsided by him leaving

i thought for sure it would be between sharon or brett

i was leaning towards sharon since she missed whole episode

regarding task once i knew it was a male oriented product i totally figured the guys were going to end losing streak

overall for me i found girl commercial funnier but i actually hated the music inserted

i found dexler a bit too stiff for my taste

scottie pippen i found funnier

but i can understand why woman team lost due to the fact they made it too mommy

they went with what they were doing on previous three task that they won which was make product mommy

big no no for male oriented product

holly is clearly the villain of season i totally now expect her to make it to finale or go very far

mid way through once they kept showing Selita Ebanks being lazy

i KNEW she would be one to go if the womans team lost

holly totally has a lot of hate for cyndi

probably due to fact she knows cyndi isnt going anywhere anytime soon

donald complete shut her down from bringing cyndi back to boardroom when cyndi was hardly there for task

so she wasnt responsible for loss

brett a bit bipolar lol but clearly he is brains on mens team

whether that is a good or bad thing

i expect him to go far if not be in finale as well

maria is very feisty

i totally thought coming in season she would be a push over not the case at all

Did you see the face on Holly when Trump asked Cyndy to sing the jingle. If looks could kill, poor Cyndy would have dropped dead right then and there!

Holly was dying to take Cyndi to the boardroom.... she was positively drooling in the hopes of getting Cyndi fired... I was glad to see the Donald say he wouldn't fire her

Holly could have gone but Selita was no great loss either.. I knew when she wasn't saying a peep that she would go...

OH and yes... Holly was seething when Don asked Cyndi to sing the jingle hahahahah

Wow--tonight's evictee was awful bitter toward Maria in taxi ride. It was amazing how quickly they turned on each other when it was obvious that Sharon and Cyndi were off the block. I agree that Holly really wanted to drag Cyndi back to the BR. And they all were so sure that Cyndi's singing would be horrible! How funny that it helped their ad.

And I hate how Donald tries so hard to get them at each other's throats! You can see that he is desperate to stir up the drama.

I don't think I disagree with Trump's choice of who to let go, but I think I disagree with his reasons.

If it's all about "fire", wouldn't he have known that just from meeting the contestants?

It seems like more of a personality thing to me, because it seemed like performance and results don't factor in.

I guess it's because I don't like to raise my voice, since it's not about how loud you can get, but about what you are saying, that matters more to me in a debate or discussion.

I guess that's just my personality.

I guess it's because I don't like to raise my voice, since it's not about how loud you can get, but about what you are saying, that matters more to me in a debate or discussion.

You are so right but you're not Donald Trump who is all about "how loud you can get." It was obvious tonight that that was how he and George and Ivanka defined assertiveness. However, Selita didn't make much of a case for her staying and it sure wasn't good for her when George saw her just sitting back or getting coffee for Scotty.

IMO- best episode yet. No more Rod. A real task that involved their own abilities not their friends who have money to give away.And I thought both teams did good commercials. I thought the women's 30 sec. one was more polished but the men's plugged the product better. And Holly really never explained her decision about the 10 sec. one.

This season is becoming a joke. Who's quitting, who's sick, who's down in DC doing their own thing. . . . . it is just becoming ridiculous. Sharon shouldn't come back. She has contributed NOTHING in the first few weeks and then is out sick. It is not fair that Selita got fired. Maybe she should have claimed she was sick, maybe that would have saved her.

Holly may be a hard-ass, but at least she takes control and doesn't sit around waiting for the rest of the team to come up with ideas or solutions. I like her.

And I'm glad Michael left. I was really tired of his mightier-than-thou attitude. Did the guy smile once on the show?

NOTE TO CURTIS: You don't have to be from Australia not to know who Clyde Drexler is. You just have to be a non-basketball fan like many Americans, myself included.

While I agree that Donald does like it when people loud when they defend themselves... I think it goes further than that..... she wasn't saying ANYTHING... even when he said, what do you think of Maria saying you were the weak link.... she just sat there and meekly said.... "Well that is fair" WHAT? She didn't even try to defend herself

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Celebrity Apprentice: Right Guard

April 11, 2010 08:48:42 by Lisa Princ

Tonight on a brand new episode of Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, Donald Trump issues the teams a tough new task: creating a commercial for Right Guard. With team members dwindling down and some dead weight gone, will the men of Rocksolid finally be able to pull off a win or will team Tenacity win their fourth consecutive time? Keep reading for all the details!

Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, Donald Trump starts us off by filling everyone in that Sharon is still sick and will not be there this week. He makes it perfectly clear however that he will not allow this to go on much longer if she continues to remain sick. He also informs them that Cyndi will be gone for one day at the White House as a new law is passed that she has been trying to push for years. Then he gives the celebrities their next task: creating 2 commercials for Right Guard deodorant. They need to shoot a 30 second spot for television as well as a 10 second internet spot.

Since the teams will each get a basketball player to help aid them in filming their commercial, Donald Trump decides to play a game of hoops with the contestants. One by one he wants them each to take a shot, and whomever gets a basket first will get a check for the charity of that team

Once upon a time, I thought that Donald's son was handsome but now I do not. Far, far from it. Mister Strangeness. Ivanka is exotic-looking. I like this show, sometimes, and then sometimes; I really don't.

Ivanka is gorgeous. Little Don, not so much! I'd rather look at George LOLOL

Not only is Ivanka gorgeous but she has a good brain to go with her good looks.