Sign in to follow this  
Misha

Celebrity Apprentice - Season 3

I really hadn't heard of Carol before tonight, but I kinda liked her. Although she could have fought harder for not getting fired, IMO.

Ditto to not knowing who Carol is/was. Maybe she should have waitressed? Dunno. Maybe they will bring her back at some point since we never got a clear pic of her. Cyndi, Cyndi, Cyndi, get a grip on why you are on the show - aside from the money - and speak up, girl. She can't get away with that attitude long. Sharon Osbourne has no patience for Cyndi; clearly. I love Sharon Osbourne.

I found Donald even more obnoxious than usual--dont remember him swearing so much on other seasons. When Cindy brought up Rosie O'Donnell's name, and Trump started tearing into her, I thought who is running this thing? There should be a better way to pick someone to put on the chopping block. I was glad to see Cindy stick to her guns and not name anyone.

When Cindy brought up Rosie O'Donnell's name, and Trump started tearing into her, I thought who is running this thing?

I agree that Trump's remarks about Roise were uncalled for. No wonder she didn't want to come down to support something trump was doing.

However, I'm actually happy Trump called the women out. We get that you all love eachother and respect one another and don't want to upset anyone or have someone leave. But that's part of the game. The women just would not stop with all the lovey dovey stuff, so I'm glad Trump said what he said. And Cyndi should have been fired. She was PM and would not name anyone to go to the boardroom with her. That is usually cause for firing, but b/c of who she is, Trump can't get rid of her any time soon.

Actually, I forgot to say that I thought it was sweet when Cyndi said that she didn't really know a lot of rich people. It said something about today's Cyndi. I have always liked Cyndi Lauper. I have heard that she is a good person and good to her family. Cyndi blazed her own trail long ago.

I don't remember Donald T. cursing before like he did last night. His son is so strange. Daughter escaped the ugly stick and is pretty in that exotic way. Donald and Rosie. Perfect. The guys annoyed me more than the women last night.

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'The Celebrity Apprentice': $100 burgers for diabetes

By Carina MacKenzie

March 15, 2010 9:37 AM ET

Yes, it's that time again! Another season of The Celebrity Apprentice begins. If you haven't yet, get to know the contestants with our photo gallery.

Introductions

Trump's contestants gather at Grand Central station for introductions. Apparently, Bret Michaels is late because he had a concert in Mexico the night before, and he's running on only an hour of sleep.

Rod Blagojevich says he's doing the show to "fight back" against his wrongful accusations. In an interview Goldberg says that he's honored to compete alongside "all of them ... but Rod Blagojevich? Not necessarily." Even Donald Trump notes that it took "guts" for Blagojevich to join the cast.

Trump also announces that the men will be on one team, and the women will be on the other. Back at Trump Tower, the women comb through the history books for a name, but ultimately settle on Tenacity. The men, at Bret's suggestion, go with Rock Solid as their team name.

Conveniently, Bret's clothing line is called Rock Solid, which he just happens to mention after the men settle on the name. He may be more business-savvy than expected -- he essentially just turned the entire show into a promotional vehicle for his t-shirts.

The competition

The men choose Cyndi Lauper as the women's team leader not because of a weakness, but because she's got a lot of connections in New York. The leader of the team that loses the challenge is at a high risk of being sent home, so their plan is to knock off the women's strongest competitors first. Bret suggests that the women will definitely choose him because he's "been stoned since the third grade." After considering the lack of sleep Bret's dealing with, the women do go with Bret.

Donald announces that the teams will be running diners to raise money for charity. They're welcome to use their celebrity connections to solicit tips, and the team who makes the most money wins.

Rock Solid

It seems that the men are at an immediate advantage because of celebrity chef Curtis Stone's obvious restaurant experience.

The men decide to go with big-ticket menu items like truffle risotto and $100 burgers targeted toward an exclusive, elite clientele. Stone calls in some favors to get the expensive ingredients sent to him, and the rest of the men hit the phones as well, getting in touch with their celebrity friends to stir up some buzz.

The men print out large posters with their photos on them to promote the restaurant, but at first, it seems like they may have overshot their goal. Most passers-by balk at the extremely high prices and leave. However, after word spreads, big spenders arrive with cash in hand -- and lots of it. Some donors leave tips of well over $1,000, in support of Bret Michaels' donation to children with Type 1 Diabetes.

In a bit of a twist, Donald Trump asks last season's winner, Joan Rivers, to stop by each restaurant as a secret mole and report back to him on the quality of the food and service. She's not a huge fan of the Rock Solid diner. Rod Blagojevich's skills as a server make him look like an excellent politician, and he ends up bringing Joan her (now cold) burger 10 minutes after Curtis put it up.

Tenacity

Tenacity went with a completely different strategy in their efforts to earn money for Cyndi's charity, the True Colors Fund for gay and lesbian advocacy organizations. With Victoria's Secret model Selita Ebanks as the head chef, they crank out less fancy but more affordable meals while enthusiastically promoting Cyndi Lauper and Sharon Osbourne, easily the most famous women on the team, as the celebrity hosts.

In one of the best moments of the episode, Sharon coaxes a terrified-looking paparazzo into taking promotional photos of her and Cyndi, which go on fliers for Carol Leifer to pass out on the street. There's a bit of tension between Carol and Holly Robinson-Peete after Carol (along with project manager Cyndi) fails to recognize that the restaurant is over capacity and Carol will be more help inside.

Joan is far more pleased with her experience at the Tenacity diner. Her service is prompt, her food is hot, and despite the chaotic atmosphere, let's face it ... she didn't have to look at Rod Blagojevich while she ate.

Cyndi treats her customers to an impromptu mini-concert when her accordionist shows up with his instrument in tow. Getting the chance to watch Cyndi Lauper sing while wearing a '50s-style pink waitress uniform would certainly be worth the price of that $25 burger.

Boardroom

In the boardroom, Trump reveals that Joan's approval means that Tenacity gets a $10,000 bonus added to their total of $29,559, bringing them to $39,559. The Rock Solid team's focus on big spenders put their total at $57,905. Combining the funds -- and adding a little bit extra -- means that Trump will be giving $100,000 to the American Diabetes Association.

Trump asks the men to leave while he decides which woman to fire.

Most of the women initially refuse to "throw anyone under the bus" as being the weakest link, but after Trump finally bullies them into pointing fingers, most women suggest that Carol and Cyndi should be up for elimination.

Trump fires Carol. She doesn't seem to take it too well, despite his $10,000 donation to her charity for animal rights. It seems that the acerbic personality that boosted her rise to success in the comedy world doesn't work as well in business.

I also found Trump swearing a lot last night, out of his usual character. It just didnt look very 'rich businessman' like. Plus I hope they do a few challenges where it wont matter how many rich and famous people you know, it will be about actually performing a task and doing on yourown merit!

I thought that Holly should have been fired if Trump couldn't bring himself to fire Cyndi who deserved to be fired. My reason? If she knew that some of the people she called were still in line, she could have left her "post" for the 5 minutes it would have taken to show them into the restaurant. After all, Joan Rivers just went right in.

I cannot stand when a task is ONLY about money. Why bother with the pretense of running a diner at all? Just sit in a room and call your rich friends. These tasks should be judged by other criteria as well.

I would like to see more original projects for them to work on too. If its just about the money your rich famous friends can pull in, why even show up! Phone ithe whole thing in. I remember Trump needling Jesse James about how come he wasnt calling his movie star wife's friends! James wasnt going there.

I'm surprised about this. There will be a regular Apprentice this fall and another possible Celebrity Apprentice.

NBC is rebooting the original "Apprentice," going back to the show's roots where unemployed contestants get a chance at a dream job working for Donald Trump.

Producer Mark Burnett and Trump will cast 14 everyday job-seekers looking for a fresh start. The show will air next fall. Though "Celebrity Apprentice" hasn't been officially picked up for next year, it's expected to continue as well, meaning NBC will have an "Apprentice" all season.

"'The Apprentice' is a proven brand, and we believe its return is more relevant than ever since it will provide new hope for many Americans struggling in this difficult job market," said Paul Telegdy, executive vp of alternative programming for NBC. "Donald is going to be even more involved as he offers fantastic opportunities for the American worker, while the search for a quality job will resonate with contemporary viewers."

Here's a quick Q&A with Donald Trump about the this season of "Celebrity Apprentice," the fall reboot and his new rival -- CBS' "Undercover Boss."

THR: Why reboot the original?

Trump: The original has always done really well. It ran five seasons, some weeks it was the No. 1 show on TV. We wanted to do "Celebrity" but didn't want to do both at the same time -- we tried the Martha Stewart one at the same time and that didn't go very well, to put it lightly. And there were all these copies of "The Apprentice" out there, which have since gone away. Because of the economy, we've been inundated with people asking us to redo the original. We did the original when the economy was booming, and if anything now it would be more relevant.

THR: "The Apprentice" launched the business reality genre, but recently another show -- CBS' "Undercover Boss" -- has found an audience. What do you think of it?

Trump: I think it's good. I like the concept of it. It was launched by the "Apprentice" -- until "The Apprentice" there's never been a successful business show on primetime. There's been 15 copies that failed, but ["Boss"] didn't fail.

THR: What can viewers expect new this season on "Celebrity Apprentice"?

Trump: "Celebrity Apprentice" is interesting because the last one is really mean with lots of hatred. This one doesn't have the same level of hatred, but has a lot of humor. It does get very nasty as it goes along, but there is a different tone than the last one.

THR: Sarah Palin is shopping a reality show. Have you asked her to be on "Celebrity Apprentice"?

Trump: She'd be great. Not a bad idea.

THR: You own Miss USA and Miss Universe. What do you think about Miss America being without a network again?

Trump: It's very sad. We just got extended for three years. There's no reason why it shouldn't do well, but there's been some bad decisions made over there.

THR: Do you think we're headed for a double-dip recession? Or are the market gains we've seen this past year going to hold up?

Trump: I don't think it's going to go up much, but I don't think it's going to be a double-dip either. I think it's going to be largely flat and stay that way for a long time. I've said it before: Nothing can happen until the Chinese problem is taken care of -- we're not manufacturing anything. And nothing can happen until the OPEC problem is taken care of. We need to take care of both those issues for our economy to get back on track.

link to article

let me start by saying i underestimated maria

when i heard she was pm i thought this was going to be a trainwreck

but she did a great job at pm and had a great idea

the use of kids was brilliant

the moment they included kids i KNEW the womens team would win that task

from that point on i was looking forward to mens boardroom show down between brett n sinbad

the firing of sinbad was the right decision by donald

total failure as a pm. no direction poor vision poor leadership

you can tell he was visible upset when michael threw him under the bus

i guess he expected that brotherhood bond

same brotherhood bond i am assuming brett thought was there when he kept asking michael if he knew what sinbad wanted him to do

but i thought maybe there was a slim chance maybe they would keep sinbad around to keep up drama with brett

but with brett there will be drama with someone anyway lol

rod i thought he would be better being a former governor and all

he really adds nothing to task

pretty much a follower

uvp who cant waits till holly becomes pm

i notice she as the most vocal woman behind cydi is avoiding pm like a plague

same with sharon

also board room this season is very tame

no one is really cut throat like past season

^^^Agree with pretty much all of that. Glad Sinbad got the axe - he is a funny funny guy, but a horrible leader. I'm with UVP - I wanna see some blood in that boardroom - stop being so darn nice, people!!

Not only was Sinbad bad at delegating, he was very condescending to anyone who questioned him. I was hoping that was brought into the boardroom. Glad he got the boot.

I think the ex-governer will be leaving soon. He really doesn't do anthing. And on the women's team, I can't see Cindi staying around too long. She's like a rambling homeless person on the subway.

And I believe as the season goes on, the boardroom will get more cutthroat.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Celebrity Apprentice: Kodak Moments

March 21, 2010 09:01:13 by Lisa Princ

Tonight on a brand new episode Celebrity Apprentice on NBC, the celebrities have to create Kodak moments. When illness strikes and tempers flare, will the celebrities crack under the pressure? Will the men pull off another win or will the ladies come up big this week? Keep reading for all the details!

After the men

Not only was Sinbad bad at delegating, he was very condescending to anyone who questioned him. I was hoping that was brought into the boardroom. Glad he got the boot.

I think the ex-governer will be leaving soon. He really doesn't do anthing. And on the women's team, I can't see Cindi staying around too long. She's like a rambling homeless person on the subway.

And I believe as the season goes on, the boardroom will get more cutthroat.

I think the ladies need Cindy for a bit longer though. Other than Sharon Osborne, she's their only recognizable name.

I love the Celebrity Apprentice for the single fact that they're donating money to charity and they show the charity's reaction at the beginning of the show. It always brings tears to my eyes, especially these kids they've been showing who receive the money for their organization.

Bret needs to realize he's a grown man and he needs to figure out things to do on his own. So far, he's acting like he did last week with Sinbad, blaming him for not giving Bret direction. Now he's doing the same thing with Michael. Man up, Bret. Figure it out yourself.

Speaking of 'Figure It Out', the game show in the 90's on Nickelodeon. That's the only place I know Summer Sanders from, b/c she was that host of that show.

She hosted Double Dare (and Super SLoppy Double Dare)

I agree the women should have won.

It was apparent that Darrell didn't want to be there. But I wouldn't say he quit his charity. This man has enough money to donate to them and help them if he chooses to.

i think woman will win any of these product placement task for companies due to fact guys have a lot of questionable characters on their team

darryl and governor

no company with and ounce of image would want to touch them with a ten foot pole

but as a whole i think i am getting bored with each team

both pretty much stick to same formula

woman team portrays family imagine use kids while guys used their celebrity status

i guess if it is working why changed it up if you are on woman teams lol

who should have been fired ?

michael clearly since he took TOTAL CONTROL of product just like sinbad last week and did things did his way

total reminds me of scott hamilton of being a total control freak

i also would have fired michael for not shutting up when it was clear darryl would be fired since he offered himself up

darryl loss a bit a respectful for him not that i had any really

but to quit on charity was total bs

former governor could be fired any time because he adds no value to team

he dances around every question donald ask of him

but i guess that is what politician do well

but i guess his incompetency is tv gold so they will keep him around as long as possible

with regards to summer awful pm but got bailed out due to guys having so many questionable characters on their team

it looks clear from jump that when she was made pm that she had all intention to throw cyndy under bus no matter what

they do portray cyndi as crazy old woman but just hearing her talk in boardroom it seem she isnt so crazy

from what i saw in these three weeks it looks like a woman will win this season CA

the man none of them looked like winners

sharon i am guessing she makes finale but i have yet to see anything from her in terms of ideas , leadership etc.....

holly seem to be great ideas person on woman

maria maybe too but no one takes her seriously for whatever reason

curtis is guys ideas person but his ideas arent really great since he keeps trying to use same idea. which is him getting into his chef apron and cooking

judging from boardroom my guess holly and summers are teamed up due to how both threw cyndi under bus when summer clearly struggled as pm and no one pointed that out

Sharon really annoys me, in that she sits back and criticizes and nit picks the PM and anyone else, yet she doesn't even attempt to step up to be the PM or to actively put forth ideas, etc. If you are gonna play the game, PLAY or get off the court.

that annoyed me about holly last week but she didnt do as much nitpicking as usual

sharon knows she has finale in bag so she can do whatever and will make it

i do like seeing those that nitpick step up and take pm

Sharon really annoys me, in that she sits back and criticizes and nit picks the PM and anyone else, yet she doesn't even attempt to step up to be the PM or to actively put forth ideas, etc. If you are gonna play the game, PLAY or get off the court.

I was thinking the same thing. Summer was clearly struggling with explaining her vision, even though I knew what she was trying to say, but they all sat there (not only Sharon) and let her sputter. It was clear most of that team wanted her to fail. Sharon, especially when she took her turn to present, looked like she faked the whole thing.

Next week looks like Sharon finally understands Summer's frustration with Cyndi so maybe she is PM next week?

And I don't know why Michael Johnson or the rest of the team didn't say that Daryl Strawberry did NOTHING during the task. Whether he quit or was fired, he deserved to go home.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Celebrity Apprentice Episode Recap: Week 3

Mar 29, 2010 09:16 AM ET by Kate Stanhope

For this week's task, each team must create a four-page advertorial to explain and educate about Norton antivirus products.

Tenacity designates Summer as their project manager, which makes perfect sense after she earned strong marks as a product ambassador for Kodak last week. Rocksolid chooses Michael to head up the task. Aside from the new project managers, a lot of this episode plays like a bad repeat of last week. During the time with the Norton executive, Cyndi keeps side-tracking the discussion with random and idiotic questions, and on the guys' team, Bret is also a major distraction.

Both teams' rock stars may be their most creative assets but they both stink at trying to channel that creative energy. During a group meeting, Cyndi complains that she's not chosen to be the spokesperson in the advertorial