Letterman admits affairs

Slowpoke

IMO the public does not have the right to know every single detail about famous people. Just because these people have been fortunate enough to succeed at whatever it is they're famous for does not give us the right to know their lives inside and out.

Whether I agree or disagree with their actions I don't feel it's necessary for the paparazzi and so-called "reporters" to constantly dig up dirt on these individuals. The last time I checked we're all human and make mistakes.

Imagine that.

I don't think it's any of our business. People have sex with co-workers all the time. We don't need to know what everyone is doing...or who for that matter. I think it sucks that someone is trying to exploit/blackmail him. Everyone wants to make a quick buck off of someone else now'a'days. So selfish are they that that don't even take into account how it may destroy that person's life. Take the Travolta's and what they're going through now with that loser who wanted to sell pictures of their dead son.

Elle . . . Although I'm posting this below, I agree with you. In fact, there is only one reason I am posting WHO it is . . . I always thought these two had a great rapport on camera. Since both parties were of legal age and entered into their relationship with mutual consent, I see no crime. Perhaps a lapse in employment etiquette would be more of a description.

I'm not sure if this was going on during the multiple years Letterman was living with his girlfriend (now Mrs. Letterman) but I'm happy Letterman revealed it this way instead of waiting for the tabloids to expose it or spin it in a much more sinister way.

TV_Paige

Familiar Face Behind 'Late Night' Controversy

Posted on RadarOnline on Friday, October 2

BirkittLettermanYellow.jpg

'Late Night' Intern Stephanie Birkitt

Meet the woman at the center of the plot to extort $2 million from late night icon David Letterman: Stephanie Birkitt. She should be a familiar face to fans of the late night chatfest due to several on camera appearances over the past few years.

The 34-year-old has worked for Letterman, 62, in an assistant capacity at least the past five years, according to industry Web site, iMDb. A New York-based ticket vendor, nytix.com, claims she has been an intern for Letterman since 1996, and was also an associate producer on the show.

Birkitt has made sporadic appearances in front of the camera in various skits and vignettes, such as "Would You Like To Eat A Sandwich In Dave's Office." Birkitt, the daughter of a New Hampshire dentist, graduated from Wake Forest University in 1997.

Letterman in his monologue Thursday brazenly addressed the fiasco, saying an extortionist who tried to blackmail him with info about sexual trysts with members of his staff (whom he did not name). "My response to that is yes, I have [had sex with women who work for me on this show]" Letterman, 62, said Thursday.

The main stream media is full of idiots. They keep trying to make this into something it's not. If Letterman wants to have sex with co-workers and it's consensual, what the hell does it matter one way or the other? There were no married people or children involved so there's no scandal here.

Move on dudes. You're all looking pretty stupid harping about this subject.

what the hell does it matter one way or the other? There were no married people or children involved so there's no scandal here.

Moxie I agree with what you said. Who really cares? Not me.

Just a mention - David Letterman is married and he and his wife have a toddler.

There were no married people or children involved so there's no scandal here.

Move on dudes. You're all looking pretty stupid harping about this subject.

Isn't that what this place is for?? I don't think it is stupid that we are talking about a TV celebrity on a TV related message board, in the Celebrity forum thread...

Dave goes on and on about and makes jokes out of other peoples sorrid affairs so whats good for the goose is good for the gander...

And mainstream media died awhile ago... RIP...

All I have to say is that I don't find it all that surprising. Not that it's not icky, or that it's no big deal, because I think that it is. It's just that I'm beyond being outraged, or even upset by the skeevy things other people do.

I don't know if Letterman was married when he was having the affair, or affairs, but he was in a relationship. But, I don't know the details. Maybe the woman he is now married to, the mother of his child, is ok with Dave having little flings.

Or maybe she's devastated. But I'm thinking she's not. I don't know why. Just a feeling, probably stemming from the way Dave was on his show. I didn't see it, but heard about it, and have seen clips, and he didn't seem all that apologetic, or acting in a way as someone might, who was hurting someone else.

Anyway -- I'm not judging him. He's a celebrity, and while not all behave in this manner, so many do, that it's become the norm. It's not shocking. Not to me anyway. And I don't base my moral compass on the behavior of celebrities, or politicians.

So, was Stephanie the one he had an affair, ( or maybe just sex) with, or is she part of the extortion? Or both? At first I thought she was the one he was with, but then I heard she was living with the guy who was blackmailing Dave.

Oh well, I'm sure Entertainment Tonight is on the case. They'll keep us informed with all the breaking news.

The boyfriend (criminal) read Stephanie Birkitt's diary and used the info to try the blackmailing...LOL...Stupid criminals...

BTW...I like Dave and have never missed an episode of his show...EXCEPT the first part of last thursday...High winds totally messed up my digital signal...I hate this new digital television age...I would rather have a picture with a little snow on it instead of pixels freezing, shifting and totally going black...

Isn't that what this place is for?? I don't think it is stupid that we are talking about a TV celebrity on a TV related message board, in the Celebrity forum thread...

Dave goes on and on about and makes jokes out of other peoples sorrid affairs so whats good for the goose is good for the gander...

And mainstream media died awhile ago... RIP...

I think you misunderstood me King. I wasn't saying the people posting on this board are stupid, I was referring to the non-stop bombardment by the mainstream media. I would never make such an assault on my fellow posters. :)

I think you misunderstood me King. I wasn't saying the people posting on this board are stupid, I was referring to the non-stop bombardment by the mainstream media. I would never make such an assault on my fellow posters. :)

OH SURE MOXIE, now you're trying to make me look stupid... I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!

:smilielol:

ap_100.jpg

Letterman Apologizes To His Wife On Show

letterman_show.jpg

Talk Show Host David Letterman apologizes to his

wife and staff on 'Late Show with David Letterman'

NEW YORK CITY, New York -- Before the ratings for Monday night's show are even announced, David Letterman already has a boost . . . from his studio audience. The crowd roared its approval for Letterman during Monday's taping. "Did your weekend just fly by," Letterman joked with the studio audience in his monologue before tackling a serious apology for his wife, Regina Lasko.

"She has been horribly hurt by my behavior, and when something happens like that, if you hurt a person and it's your responsibility, you try to fix it," Letterman told the supportive crowd about his wife, Regina, during his opening monologue.

Letterman continued, "At that point, there's only two things that can happen: Either you're going to make some progress and get it fixed, or you're going to fall short and perhaps not get it fixed, so let me tell you folks, I got my work cut out for me."

Letterman was also apologetic to his staff in the midst of the scandal. "I'm terribly sorry that I put the staff in that position. Inadvertently, I just wasn't thinking ahead," Letterman apologized during his opening monologue on the Monday, October 5 episode of the "Late Show with David Letterman."

Letterman added, "And, moreover, the staff here has been wonderfully supportive to me, not just through this furor, but through all the years that we've been on television and especially all the years here at CBS, so, again, my thanks to the staff for, once again, putting up with something stupid I've gotten myself involved in."

Archived