Sign in to follow this  
SugarB

Amazing Race 15 Discussion Thread

I'm so excited that this new season has started but I get so annoyed that the show is almost always delayed by a football game. I wish they'd start the football games earlier but I know that won't happen. But it wrecks my trying to DVR everything I might want to watch on Sunday night since my system will only record 2 shows in one time period. Anyway, I wish that instead of eliminating a couple at the start of the race, they had just put them on a much later plane. I liked that the first leg was a non elimination one. I didn't like that the wasabi challenge was based on luck but I did like the challenge itself. I love seeing all the countries in the world I'll never get to visit. I loved seeing Viet Nam- so different from the US. Did the guy who gave the racers their next clue at the duck herding challenge look either all or part non Asian to you? That has to be one of my all time favorite challenges. "Christian" couple is decidedly not "Christian" in attitude. Celibacy does not make one a good Christian or any other religion for that matter. Its such a small part of living what they might want to call a moral life. Not telling the world you want to rip off your girlfriend's head might have been a better example. I'd like to see Zev go far in the game. Part of that is because I liked him and part is that I'd like to see how his asperger's syndrome both positively and negatively affects his gameplay. Just curiosity on my part. Lance can leave any time. I vote him most obnoxious.

Great show.

What a great season opener, maybe the survivor producers could take some notes.

The game show challenge was great.

a couple eliminated right at the start, priceless.

cant wait for next week

The time penalty AND Speed bump ( I assume you meant that and not the roadblock) was totally justified.... the time penalty was for not having all 20 people with them when they arrived... the speed bump was for coming in last in a non-elimination leg..... nothing wrong with that... and in the end it didn't hurt them at all

My hubby and I figured that guy was gay too LMAO... I said the chick was his beard...and yah I like the missouri guys too but I hope they stop talking about being gay every 5 minutes soon

I laughed about them spending all that money for nothing too!!

Looks like a good season so far!!

you assume correctly, that's what I meant to type ;)

I understand why there were 2 penalties and that it didn't make a difference in the end, but I still don't like it.

But it's consistent with what TAR has always done. If you don't finish a challenge, you get a penalty. If they had made them go out and keep searching for the two missing ladies, it would have been worse than two hours.

yeah, I know, but I still don't like it.

it feels like kicking them when they're down to me, and it's not because I particularly like this team ......

I have eaten at a Vietnamese Resturant in DC. @ Dupont Circle. It was crowded and pretty good.

I meant this to go in the poker players.

My hope is that is was a fake elimination designed by the producers. The team that came in last was not a real team, but a pair hired with specific instructions to throw the first competition. As a fake elimination it gives the all the real teams a sense of immediate urgency and then huge relief when they escape instant elimination at the starting line. It is like a wild roller coaster ride that ends safely for everyone. [end of quote]

I think there is producers interference mostly on Survivor but in no way do I think they threw this challenge. They way they bunch the team is how the producers monkey with the results. This is necessiary to keep it interesting.

I wonder what the poker players did to ps everyone off? They were at the airport and got tickets, but I must have missed something. Everyone said they were rude but I didn't catche exactly why they said that. Anyone catch that?

Because they walked up while others were in line or talking to the ticket agent and insinuated themselves into the conversation at the ticket counter, instead of standing back and waiting their turn like everyone else.

Because they walked up while others were in line or talking to the ticket agent and insinuated themselves into the conversation at the ticket counter, instead of standing back and waiting their turn like everyone else.

oh, I see. Yeah, that's not cool guess I missed that part. but then the part where the Japanese guy said 'oh, I know you, you're a famous gambler.' what are the chances of that? I know very few people who actually watch tv gambling. That's even more rare than people who watch women's golf! Looks like a set up by production. And I would have been more inclined to say 'wtf are you talking about?' but she smiled shyly and said, yes, it's me. geeze, it won't break my heart when/if they're eliminated. but looks like production favors them so far, esp considering the road bump where they had to serve someone a nicely prepared meal. My guess is they'll be around for a while.

I really liked a few of the teams. So much fun to see the Poker gals get ousted. And erin, you won't have to see the yoga new-agers anymore - you were afraid they'd be too hippy for you weren't you? I bet they are. Like, we like fre-e-e-e-d the others. :) Coulda really liked them.

Pretty boring show last night.....