Sign in to follow this  
Sharonda99

Jeff Probst - Host

maybe it's one of the anorexic looking girls

I noticed Ashley's friend voted her off too. Game on.

Russell is funny.

This was already posted elsewhere in spoiler tags, but now CBS is showing it on the commercials (just saw one) - the person down is Russell S.

Russell seemed pretty healthy to me last episode so he must have injured himself pretty bad to heve to leave.

Hope they weren't around a campfire!

stevea,

my understanding is he is dehydrated and collapes during the challenge

Jeff Probst blogs "survivor Samoa' Episode 6

Rain is a double-edged sword on Survivor. It gives and it takes. We love the layer of drama it adds when you see the contestants shivering, their fingers wrinkled like prunes, as they struggle to make fire. But rain can also bring with it severe, life-threatening problems as it did this week when Russell collapsed due to dehydration.I'm going to focus this blog on sharing with you everything you didn't see that happened when Russell went down.

INSIGHT:

During the early stage of the challenge when they were pushing the sphere, I was completely unaware that Russell was struggling. I noticed he was tired but that is not unusual during a challenge and so I thought nothing much of it.

Even when they reached the maze, I noticed it taking him a long time to get himself over to the maze, but he was blindfolded and I am watching 13 other people, so once again I wasn't overly concerned because exhaustion is normal and in fact, the effort someone puts into a challenge is often a determining factor in whether they stay or are voted out.

Russell had always given 100% so it didn't surprise me to see him exhausted.

It was when his head went down and stayed that it started to become clear that something wasn't right. But because he was blindfolded and I couldn't see his eyes, it was again very hard to determine if he was just tired or in some kind of real trouble.

When I watch the episode edited with the luxury of close ups, it seems much more obvious that Russell was not doing well and I wish I had gotten there sooner. I can only tell you that from my vantage point, in the midst of everything going on

Give me your predictions. Will Galu regroup and get rid of Foa Foa? If so, what order do you predict Foa Foa will be voted out?

I don't think Galu will regroup, in fact, I think Shambo and possibly John have pretty much already defected over to the Foa Foa group, which will changes things up quite a bit. Of Foa Foa, I think Jaison will probably be the first to go and Natalie will make it the farthest (even possibly to the final 2 or 3) because of both the women and the men trust her and they don't view her as a threat. Big mistake.

Yes, Erik got voted off holding an idol but he had NO clue they were gunning for him, so I don't blame him for not useing it.

During the show I saw Laura's, Monica, Jaison and Erik's mame mentioned for eviction, but not much talk, if any, on voting out Russell.

Your always parnoid about being voted out each time. I saw no real reason for Russell to play the idol. Other than the fact he showed it to damn near everybody so why not play it.

If thats his reason he should never, never have showed it to anyone, period! As coniving as he is he could have gotten a Galu person out without showing his wild card. But he played it and did not get ONE single vote. That means he read the Galu and Foa Foa members wrong and is not in control as much as he thinks he is.

Things said above were dead on !!

Actually, there WAS talk of trying to flush out Russell's HII - Laura was talking to someone, was it Eric, maybe? I can't remember, but he was definitely mentioned.

"Russell’s HUGE move to play the idol is yet one more pencil in his jar of “this is how ya do it.”

yes

I would think that russell is wishing he still had his II in his pocket but then, you never know when they are going to gang-up on you. Ask Erik.

Jeff blogs "Survivor Samoa" Episode 9

First off, I want to thank all of the Survivor fans who voted for the People

Thanks Pinkie, awesome read!!!

YES, that will most definitely be a part of the live Survivor: Samoa Reunion show on CBS Sunday, December 20th in Los Angeles.

(we have a finale date.)

Come on, just admit it

Jeff Probst blogs "Survivor Samoa" Episode # 10

"We were as shocked as you are that he continued to find them before anybody else."

yeah, right....

yeah, right....

Why is it so hard to believe? I can maybe understand not believing the other times(even though I do), but this time he actually had a video clue that showed him which rock the idol was under; he'd have to be retarded, or a Galu member, not to find it. :lol:

Just face it, he was born to play this game. :smitten:

One of three things could be happening for Russ to find three idols:

1. He's that good...

2. The rest of the tribe is that stupid.....

3. Russel's getting help from production....

Here's my opinion: I think it's a combination of 1 & 2 Seriously, if Russell were not on the show this season (like him or not) this would be one boring show.