Sign in to follow this  
Sharonda99

Jeff Probst - Host

You know since all of the cute or handsome players already have dibs on them and I didn't see where anyone had put dibs on Jeff this season--I'm claiming dibs on Jeff! :mbabe:

My apologies if someone already claimed him.

:ribbonp:

YUMMMMMMM

I keep saying in chat..."No matter who is voted off Survivor or Race we always have Jeff and Phil." :drool:

I don't know if anyone has ever put DIBS on the host before. I think Jeff P. might just belong to all of us! :animated_rotfl:

Yeah, you can't just claim Dimples for yourself on this board and think you're going to get away with it. Rawwrr! We share him, lol.

No worries - Jeff is man enough for all of us to lust after! :food-smiley-005:

Jeff said Amazing Race should pull itself out of the competition for best reality show because they won to many times. Not likely according to Van Munster.

JEFFS BLOG EPISODE 2

Jeff starts off his blog with a major spoiler. Head after the jump to read on.

Betsy is gone. Major bummer. One of the most likable people on our show in a long, long time. More on that later.

First, regarding the ongoing conversation that this blog generates

Thank you so much for posting Jeff's Blog. I tried to look for this morning and couldn't find it--I am no internet wizz..lol

Please post Jeff's blog every week if you can. I REALLY enjoyed reading that. :party_smilie:

Oh trust me, someone will post it every week, as soon as it comes out!

Episode 3

I will be honest up front that this is going to be a unique blog because as I sit on my couch writing, my mind and my heart are with all the local Samoan families who are in dire straits as a result of a devastating earthquake and tsunami that rocked the island of Upolu, just a few days ago. So much devastation, so many lives lost.

This is show business and the show must go on, so I will share my thoughts about this episode, but bear in mind my focus is somewhat challenged.

Here we go

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Samoa': episode #4

by Jeff Probst

Aren

Why didn't someone from Foa Foa go over to Galu?

I counted 18 times Jeff posted Shambo. I may have missed a few. I don't like that Survivor is picking who they want to hightlight and not let us get to know ALL the players. hummph

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor Samoa' Episode # 5

Man oh man. If you have any kind of a heart, you have to be feeling for Foa Foa. It's been a long time since a tribe has performed this poorly. You'd have to go all the way back to Survivor: Palau when Stephanie's tribe was decimated week by week until she was the only person left in her tribe.

I have to stand up for all of the Survivors from this season. It was a very difficult shoot. The rain was constant and it took a real toll on everybody, crew included. It's so easy to sit at home and say "oh just get over it," but it truly is an extremely difficult experience to undergo.

99.99% of the people who say they want to play Survivor, couldn't handle Survivor. It is an ass-kicking, humility inducing, physically exhausting, and mentally taxing test of the human spirit. In spite of all the challenging comments I make about the Survivors, at the end of the day, I take my hat off to them for embarking on this adventure.

I really do believe that at times the contestants are happy to come to tribal simply to get warm. It's so hard to send them back to camp especially when it's pouring down rain and you know their fire has been extinguished by the rain and they're probably going to have another very wet and cold night.

REWARD CHALLENGE

Ah, I'm so glad I didn't have to sample any of the Survivor Smoothie's. They were chunky, smelly, nasty concoctions. The guts of a sea slug? Come on. What kind of a sick mind thinks of this stuff? Oh that's right, we do. My bad.

INSIGHT: The foods that we use for these types of challenges are not just randomly selected. We always have a local person advising us on the types of foods that locals eat on a regular basis. Once we have a list, we then cull it down to the most unusual and "gross" foods to serve to the Survivors. As disgusting as the food may seem, we always take precautions to make sure the food is ''safe" and is served as it would be to locals. Then again when it's sea slug guts, there's really not much you can do other than serve it up.

PERSONAL INSIGHT: The only times I have tried foods in the past are the grubs from Survivor: Borneo, (the crunchy head was the toughest part to get down) the cows blood from Survivor: Kenya (it came straight from the cow into our glasses and tasted like tomato juice), and finally the baked tarantula (I can't remember which season it was from) which was disgusting. Other than that I always find a way to be "busy" when there is testing to be done.

Dave Ball and Eric did a good job of getting to Ashlee by making gagging sounds and taunting her about what she was drinking. Challenges like this one are a great example of mind over matter. There isn't anything in those smoothies that you physically can't get down your throat; it's simply a choice where you put your energy and what thoughts you allow in your mind. If you spend all your energy focusing on how bad something is, you are only making it that much more difficult. Ashlee wasn't able to block it out and she paid the price. The ultimate price.

OVER AT GALU

Russell sent a huge signal to Shambo by sending her back over to Foa Foa, thus eliminating her from the reward feast. Three Galu members sat out of the Survivor Smoothie challenge and yet they all got to eat steak as reward. Shambo was one of the five who had to gut it out and she gets sent away again

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor Samoa' Episode # 5

for a few seconds during next week's episode I was really worried we were in danger of losing a contestant