Dade

Mika and Canaan

mika_canaan.jpg

Mika and Canaan

Biography

Mika Combs (22); Canaan Smith (26)

Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.

Relationship: Newly Dating

These southern sweethearts will charm you with their fresh faces and wide-eyed enthusiasm for life. They have only been dating for a few months, but admit to spending every waking hour together since they fell in love.

Mika grew up in Hazard, Ky. and moved to Nashville, Tenn. two years ago to pursue a career in country music. She claims to excel in high pressure situations, but admits to often breaking down in tears when she gets upset. Her favorite hobbies include singing, dancing and riding four-wheelers.

Canaan is a professional songwriter who is looking at the Race as an opportunity to grow his relationship with Mika. Mika believes that Canaan can be way too demanding, while he believes she can be too sensitive. He lists his favorite activities to do with Mika as writing songs and making out.

Neither one of them has traveled extensively outside of Canaan's mission trip to Mexico with his church, but they have no doubt that their love will take them to the finish line and the $1 million prize.

CBS

They look like nice people - just hope they don't go around singing sappy country songs.

My Prediction: He'll yell, she'll cry they'll fall madly in love he'll write the country songs that make her fanous and she'll divorce him after the first album comes out. Oh wait, Race-wise? She's going to be the stressed out crying girl and he'll be the guy who can't believe how little she can actually do.

Could be interesting. I love those Southerners and love Country music. Maybe he will sing for us.

I just shuddered at the thought of that awful stupid guy on the bachelorette. Please if he sings, let it be a good song, and I don't want to listen to the same song over and over and over.....

I find them somewhat entertaining and think she is a very beautiful girl. Him... not so sure about. I'm always suspicious of those pronouncing their Christianity on reality shows. Don't talk about being religious, live it through your actions!

I kinda like them. I think she's beautiful and really sweet, she actually seems too good for him. lol He's only ok for me so far, he seems like he can be a bit mean and like Mendes56 said I don't like the fact that he made a point of pronouncing his religion in the first like 5 minutes they were on the show.

I like them so far. Last night after I heard him say he wrote/co-wrote a song currently on country charts. I was curious, I'm a huge country music fan. It's a song called Runaway by Love and Theft. It's one of my favorite songs right now.

What made them think they had to dance at the water puppet show to get their clue? I thought it was hysterical.

Oh Jersey...me too...I laughed so hard at them dancing to the dragons!!

I wonder if he would dump her for me.

oh nevermind

What made them think they had to dance at the water puppet show to get their clue? I thought it was hysterical.

That was hysterical! I really like them, they are one my favorite teams right now.

He's a jerk... She is a sweetie and shold run away from him as fast as possible...

He's a jerk... She is a sweetie and shold run away from him as fast as possible...

I can't believe I'm going to say this...................wait for it............................. I agree with you!

I can't believe I'm going to say this...................wait for it............................. I agree with you!

It's true I think, a few times I have given a head tilt to how he treats her... He was no support whatsoever on the slide, in fact he totally worked her into a frenzy.. I thought he was going to push her... Too pushy, not a good sign...

She really should not have gone on the show with such phobias. Sweet girl but I can see a lot of trouble ahead if she doesn't get a handle on her fears.

How in the hell do you apply for TAR, get past all the screening, make the final cut knowing full well you have a fear of heights so bad you can't even go down a stupid super slide.

I know her BF is a complete jerk but I felt his frustration. Going that far only to lose because your partner can't make it down a slide! ARRRRRGH

I agree Steven, his frustration was justified, just wish he could of handled it better. And she should not of been on the race. Glad it happened in this leg and not on one of the final legs!!!

This might be the first time that a team actually was eliminated that deserved to be eliminated.

I can honestly say I've never seen a grown woman wearing arm floaties. Hysterical.