Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Zev and Justin

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts

Zev and Justin
Biography
Zev Glassenberg (26); Justin Kanew (30)
Hometown: Sherman Oaks, Calif. / Los Angeles
Occupation: Unemployed/VP of Production and Development for National Lampoon
Relationship: Friends

Zev and Justin's friendship started six years ago when they were working as camp counselors and the two have been very close ever since. Zev has Asperger's Syndrome, but they don't let it affect their relationship. They share friends and interests, and the friendship is as mutually beneficial as any could be.

Zev is an avid sports fan especially basketball and he has an intense competitive spirit. He describes himself as funny, modest, and loyal, and is running the Race to prove to himself that he can do anything.

Justin prides himself on his patience and his ability to problem solve. He admits the biggest difference between he and his partner is that Zev is not great in large groups of people one of the characteristics of Asperger's while Justin is very easy-going and can assimilate himself into any group.

Outside of the occasional trip to Vegas (where Justin took Zev to lose his virginity), neither has traveled extensively, particularly with one another. Their relationship is spontaneous and unedited and resembles one of brothers more than friends.

CBS

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Could be interesting, especially in places like India where there are huge crowds and not a lot of personal space. Hope he does okay though.

ZuZuMamou

ZuZuMamou

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 3,242 posts
I'm going to cheer for this team. I bet the determined, focused fixation syndrome of Asperger's serves them well in competitions.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
^^^ Good point.

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
I think the social aspect will be a greater hindrance than the ability to focus...which might bite them in the @ss also if he can't let something go and try another avenue. I think they'll be rocky for sure but interesting to watch.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
It just depends. I used to work with a guy that had Asperger's and he has learned to adapt so well that most people wouldn't even know he had it. He just seems like a kinda quirky guy to most. I think the biggest challenge will be the crowds and loud noisy places.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Gonna cheer for them as well. Will be interesting to see how they do interact with people in other countries though.

symanticc

symanticc

• Pip
  • 109 posts
People like to cheer with people with Autism.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
^^^^huh?

scifichick

scifichick

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 88 posts
My son has Aspberger's, so I'm hoping this team does well. The social part will be their biggest obstacle.

ribbonp.gif

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Yeah, if they go to India or China where it's wall to wall people in the cities, it could be very difficult.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Love love love them. My fav team thus far.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,854 posts
So far so good and I like the little humor. Good luck guys.

Mendes56

Mendes56

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,462 posts
At one point Zev sounded just like a young Jerry Lewis! He's a sweet kid, giving the guy on the bus his jacket. I want them to win so they probably won't.

superstaaar

superstaaar

• Pip
  • 468 posts
One of my fav teams! Just liked all aspects of them so far...I hope they keep it up!!!

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
And he is handling himself and not being able to his routines fabulously so far!

FLYNWA

FLYNWA

• Pip
  • 725 posts
This is my 2nd fav team!

I think they are just all around cool guys!

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,366 posts
It's rare for me to watch a whole season - just catch up here and there as it goes on
(too much running and jumping and climbing, etc. over and over).
I usually don't mind if I've missed an episode or part of an AR show....
but... this team will keep me tuned in.

As Marty mentioned... loved their humor and also how well they're tuned into each other.
Hope they're in for the long haul.

Had to look up Zev's disorder - not familiar with it.

Wikipedia:
Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder, and people with it therefore show significant difficulties in social interaction, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development. Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
It's important to remember that Aspergers is on a wide spectrum. A lot of folks think "Rainman" but that is only one aspect. Most people with Aspergers are VERY intelligent, but have trouble with social situations. Sometimes that is because they can't "read" social cues, other times it is because they have sensory issues - like extreme sensitivity to noises, etc.
People with VERY high functioning Asperger's are often not even diagnosed until later in life -- they learn to compensate and fit in, and often just seem a little odd or eccentric.
But again, each person with Asperger's is different (much like the rest of us - we're all unique and different).

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
QUOTE (Mendes56 @ Sep 28 2009, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At one point Zev sounded just like a young Jerry Lewis! He's a sweet kid, giving the guy on the bus his jacket. I want them to win so they probably won't.

He really does seem like a sweet kid, him giving that guy his jacket was one of the sweetest things ever! I love this team and I'm definitely rooting for them. I think the relationship that these two have is really awesome, Justin seems like he'd be a good best friend to have. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users