Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Zev and Justin

Why are the poker players skanks? Why doesn't anybody like them?

I am bummed also that Zev and Justin left the race on a technicality. I don't understand why no one likes the poker players. Am I missing something?

BB, I think there's no love for the poker players for several reasons.

They remind us of Natalie from BB11 (not their fault)

They come off overly confident. After all, we are world traveling poker pro's and we know how to read people. (yeah right)

They haven't done squat so far and got lucky on an easy speedbump

They came in last, TWICE, and are still in the game.

One of those times came at the expense of Zev and Justin, who are/were fan favorites.

As people, for some unknown reason, most of us just don't like them.

I agree with what Steve said and emphasize that I suspect others like myself are still carrying around some "distaste" for people that we perceive to be Nataliesque. For me it stated with the "lie" that they were social workers. Just like Natalie being 18 - playing on people's weakness or gullibility. Or Russell H. saying he was in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. I really don't like when someone twists something that is good in others people to their own advantage.

I really hate when people are made to be the fool because they have empathy.

It justs makes the world a little more jaded toward someone actually in need - all for the sake of game.

I wish that some of the deception was left at the poker table where it is an even playing field and the bluffs/lies are about cards not about people.

This is all compounded by the fact that so far they seem to suck at witin the race and the real part of poker that they have been able to take advantage of is LUCK.

BB, I think there's no love for the poker players for several reasons.

They remind us of Natalie from BB11 (not their fault)

They come off overly confident. After all, we are world traveling poker pro's and we know how to read people. (yeah right)

They haven't done squat so far and got lucky on an easy speedbump

They came in last, TWICE, and are still in the game.

One of those times came at the expense of Zev and Justin, who are/were fan favorites.

As people, for some unknown reason, most of us just don't like them.

exactly - thank you

Why are the poker players skanks? Why doesn't anybody like them?

I am bummed also that Zev and Justin left the race on a technicality. I don't understand why no one likes the poker players. Am I missing something?

I don't dislike them I just think they are boring, and whoever is calling them skanks obviously has no clue as to what the word means... They are not skanky at all... Cofident, sure... Nothing wrong with having that!!

The poker players? You got to have someone to root against.

Edited to say I think Lance and Keri are even worse if that seems possible.

Didn't the poker chicks say they worked for some community organization or something that made it sound like they do charity work?

Didn't the poker chicks say they worked for some community organization or something that made it sound like they do charity work?

Yes they did

That makes them liars, not skanks...

OK I know SugarB called the poker chicks skanks and you want to bait her for like the millionth time but we can call them anything we want.

That is what these boards are for. Just like all the names you called Zev and Justin. ;)

OK I know SugarB called the poker chicks skanks and you want to bait her for like the millionth time but we can call them anything we want.

That is what these boards are for. Just like all the names you called Zev and Justin. ;)

:rolleyes:

Who's baiting who here?? Pot Kettle Black...

FYI, Tom and Jerry are cartoon mice that are buddies and kinda goofy and funny so I don't know why you are using that as a comparison to calling someone a skank when they clearly are not skanky...

Trying to drag Sugar in this was lame too... If I have something to say to Sugar I will say it to her, and visa versa... She was nice to me about Thanksgiving!! I am not going to intentionally bait her...

I was so sad to see them go from last to first only to go to last again. :( It was just heartbreaking. I'm glad that they seemed to be good sports about it and it doesn't seem like it will affect their friendship.

I know - me too. And did Phil tell them they got a prize for first? Did Dan and Sam get a prize? I just don't remember Phil mentioning anyone getting a trip or anything.

I heard it was motorbikes but they edited it out after... So I guess the bro's would get them?

Do they usually check to see if they have passports before they declare a winner? I was confused about the whole thing. I just never knew you had to have a passport with you at the finish line or you are eliminated. I seems like production should hang on the the passports anyway.

I don't know the whole passport thing just seemed weird.

If you watch the interview with Ross, Zev and Justin really like Lance and Keri. So did the older couple before them. No one has bad to say about them, just that the persona that Lance shows on the show is a little over the top but he's really a great guy... go figure!

They did win motorcycles but even before they discovered their passports were missing apparently Zev pretty much turned them down because he can barely drive a car LOL..... so they edited it out... I don't know if the brothers get them now or not......

I wonder if they hadn't TOLD up front that they lost the passports, but then tracked them down on their own (I know might be hard to do with cameramen everywhere), if they would have been okay?

Do they usually check to see if they have passports before they declare a winner? I was confused about the whole thing. I just never knew you had to have a passport with you at the finish line or you are eliminated. I seems like production should hang on the the passports anyway.

I don't know the whole passport thing just seemed weird.

coming from the girl who doesnt have nor ever has had a passport, I'm assuming they have to have their passports in order to get to the next destination, let alone for anything as far as game rules.

coming from the girl who doesnt have nor ever has had a passport, I'm assuming they have to have their passports in order to get to the next destination, let alone for anything as far as game rules.

I understand the passport thing because I have used mine but I was confused because they didn't give them time to find it before their next destination. I guess they found it at the embassy where it was turned in. I wondered if they should have given them time to find it before they needed it to travel.

The fact that they needed to find the passport before the last person hit the mat was a rule I didn't know about.

I understand the passport thing because I have used mine but I was confused because they didn't give them time to find it before their next destination. I guess they found it at the embassy where it was turned in. I wondered if they should have given them time to find it before they needed it to travel.

The fact that they needed to find the passport before the last person hit the mat was a rule I didn't know about.

ohhhhh - oops