Dade

Dan and Sam

daniel_meghan.jpg

Dan and Sam

Biography

Dan McMillen (21); Sam McMillen (23)

Hometown: Liberty, Mo.

Relationship: Brothers

Brothers for 21 years, Sam and Dan will tell you that their relationship did not truly start until last summer when they both came out and told each other that they were gay.

Growing up Christian in a conservative community, neither one of them felt comfortable enough coming out at an early age but after doing so, they've found a whole new bond with one another and instantly became closer through honesty and trust. Sam and Dan will tell you that being gay is only one of the many aspects of their lives.

Dan describes himself as organized, open-minded and spontaneous and hopes to gain a new sense of appreciation for his life from running the Race with his brother. His hobbies include exercise, volunteering and traveling.

Sam claims to be optimistic and happy-go-lucky and his hobbies include cinema, logic games and anything involving the outdoors. Communication may be the biggest challenge for this Team, as they claim to be polar opposites. From academic interests to how they approach tasks, these brothers are very different in everything they do. Due to his passive mentality, Sam will need to be more vocal to overcome Dan's blunt, assertive personality in order to contribute to the team while on the road.

Sam is pursuing a degree in medicine while Dan has one more year left at William Jewell College to complete his business degree. When asked what former Team they would model their style of play after, Sam points to Nick and Starr because they maintained a positive attitude which carried them to the $1 million prize. Dan identifies with the competitive style of Rob and Amber. Both brothers hope that the Race will take their new found closeness to the next level and help them forge an even stronger bond.

CBS

I'll take two please. :drool:

Oh my goodness, they are practically in my back yard. I have to root for these two so I hope they don't suck........um, I hope they aren't totally over the top obnoxious, yeah, that's what I meant to say.

Interesting that one of them goes to William Jewell College, as it is a VERY conservative, Baptist run institution. Just sayin....

Nice and I like that aren't from California but from MO.

These two seem really nice! That one guy's blue eyes are stunning and haunting all at the same time. I like that they're Christian and not afraid to come out as gay. I'm hoping they can teach other Christians what unconditional love is all about. Woo, that's a pretty big responsibility. How about I just hope they do well??

Well since you wackos are doing dibs in TAR, I have to say DIBS for my Missouri boys!

And I am missing all the dibs darn it! See what I mean about the gay guys being cute!

Like em. I love how they are playing the poker girls.

Same here Marty!

Does the brother on the right in their picture ( sorry I suck at names and don't know the difference) remind anyone else of Rob Cesternino from Survivor

Maybe a little. I think he is also the one that is a little more impatient and cranky LOL. But still both are cuties.

I really like these two! I thought it was so sweet of them to try and help the girls out last night, it just shows what good guys they really are.

Rooting the the brothers now. I hope I don't put bad luck on them :(

Rooting the the brothers now. I hope I don't put bad luck on them :(

I hope so too! If these guys go next, you MUST then root for the poker skanks. :animated_rotfl:

Hey I refuse to root for the poker skanks. No way no how! -_-

but, but. ......if it will make them go away, it would be worth it! :partytime:

Dan and Sam fans owe the Poker Chicks a thank you...

Pitter patter...

I didn't hate the poker chicks much tonight... and the one losing her top going down the slide was hilarious

Thats as much as I'll say about the skanks :animated_rotfl:

Still my favorites out of the teams that are left. I guess the teamwork helped them. I think the skanks have a crush on the gay brothers. LOL