It's Official: Big Brother Has Been Renewed!

OmegaBetaZeta

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:party_smilie: :party_smilie:

I just got off the phone with my source, and was about to post this myself... Yes at least one more year, but it doesn't look like it will be all stars...

Evel Dick via his Myspace Blog

Big Announcement....

The final three is so fucking horrible this year that they are going to have a triple eviction and tell them all to kill themselves, that they suck, America hates them (except Jordan, but she won't understand anyhow) and that they are replacing them with myself, JP, MB & DR. That way at least someone might watch the final episodes and give a fuck what happens.

But CBS will have something to say today....

Listen for it and watch thurs

I think All-Stars #2 in 2010

Um no, see post number 3 in this thread... There hasn't been any word of another all star period, but for sure not next year...

All that means is that Dick, Janelle, and Danielle Reyes from season 3 will be on the live show tomorrow, doing a "round table discussion"...

I'm tickled pink that it has been renewed. (Makes plans to NOT cancel Real Player membership.... yet.)

Things that I LOVED about this year:

1) Drama, Drama, Drama. It was almost unending drama. Those who were loved, hated, and everything in between. The house passed control back and forth rather than one alliance dominating all the way through the season.

2) Flashbacks. Just loved that I could use the flashback feature of RP. It made it sooo much easier to keep up with what I wanted to know in the BB House.

3) At first I was sad to not see Gretchen, but Ross is a must have to the BB world. He made watching the exit interviews totally fun. Note to CBS: Bring Inside Dish with Ross Matthews back next please.

Things that I HATED about this year:

1) The coup d'etat being awarded through America's choice rather than a player's skill and knowledge. I don't mind the power itself, just how it was awarded. It made it a popularity contest rather than a game. I hate that. REALLY hate it.

2) The interference from production. It happens every year. I hate it every year. They keep doing it every year. Knock it off. If the houseguests are just that stupid, they don't deserve to stay there if they can't figure something out.

3) Cliques. Need I say more? It was a totally stupid thing.

4) Bringing back former HG's. If you do that, make sure it is an All Stars cast. Otherwise, leave them out of the picture.

I'm in as long as it's nothing like this season and I am waiting before paying for the feeds next time.

Do you think a season of the hg's that were evicted like first and second might be good and give them another shot at the game. Brian, Steven, Angie and Braden just to name a few would be fun to watch along with some other seasons I think.

'Big Brother' on CBS has unusual growth in ratings for old series Module body

1 hour, 53 minutes ago

By David Bauder, The Associated Press

ADVERTISEMENT

NEW YORK - CBS is nearing summer's end as the only major broadcaster with more viewers than last summer, helped in part by a revived "Big Brother" franchise.

Three separate prime-time "Big Brother" episodes were among Nielsen Media Research's 25 most-watched programs last week. The series that throws a group of strangers together in a house and films their every move is in its 11th edition, and viewership is up seven per cent from last year.

That defies traditional TV gravity; it's rare that a long-running program would show growth. The series mined the latest reality TV star known more for bad behaviour than anything else: Chima Simone was kicked off for disobeying producers' orders to put on a microphone, then throwing the microphone in a spa. She also apologized for calling a cast member of Lebanese descent a terrorist.

CBS viewership is up five per cent over last summer, Nielsen said.

No wonder that, with a week to go for this season's "Big Brother," CBS on Wednesday announced that a 12th edition of the series will be broadcast in summer 2010.

NBC's "America's Got Talent" topped the ratings last week, for both its Tuesday and Wednesday editions. ABC, which has generally had a wipeout of a summer, had a stronger week than usual with a country music special and Saturday night college football game.

For the week, CBS averaged 5.9 million viewers (3.9 rating, 7 share), NBC had 5.7 million (3.7, 77), ABC had 4.7 million (2.9, 5), Fox had 3.8 million (2.4, 4), My Network TV had 1.4 million (0.9, 2), the CW had 990,000 (0.7, 1) and ION Television had 620,000 (0.4, 1).

Among the Spanish-language networks, Univision led with a 3.2 million average (1.7 rating, 3 share), TeleFutura had 1.1 million and Telemundo had 1 million (both 0.5, 1) and Azteca had 160,000 (0.1, 0).

NBC's "Nightly News" topped the evening newscasts with an average of 7.6 million viewers (5.1, 11). ABC's "World News," on the week anchor Charles Gibson announced his retirement, was second with 7.2 million (4.8, 10) and the "CBS Evening News" had 5.4 million viewers (3.7, 8).

A ratings point represents 1,149,000 households, or one per cent of the nation's estimated 114.9 million TV homes. The share is the percentage of in-use televisions tuned to a given show.

For the week of Aug. 31-Sept. 6, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships: "America's Got Talent" (Tuesday), NBC, 12.81 million; "America's Got Talent" (Wednesday), NBC, 12.39 million; "NCIS," CBS, 10.1 million; "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 8.46 million; "The Big Bang Theory," CBS, 8.34 million; "CSI: Miami," CBS, 7.89 million; "Big Brother 11" (Tuesday), CBS, 7.79 million; "The Mentalist," CBS, 7.73 million; "Hell's Kitchen," Fox, 7.63 million; "Wipeout," ABC, 7.62 million.

I'm in as long as it's nothing like this season and I am waiting before paying for the feeds next time.

Do you think a season of the hg's that were evicted like first and second might be good and give them another shot at the game. Brian, Steven, Angie and Braden just to name a few would be fun to watch along with some other seasons I think.

Yes! I loved those people. That would be fun to watch the "Gone Too Soon" players again. And in their honor, no one should be evicted until the third or fourth week. During the first weeks they could have lots of cool competitions for prizes and privileges.

This is a great idea - to let them all have another opportunity.

Archived