Mystery Door Twist - Part 2

gsn

I think that Shipp got it right, for me; anyway. I like BB okay but nothing as much as I did back a few years. For a lot of reasons. What I did like was finding a good place to share thoughts, ups and downs. All fun. Morty's is a well run place. And, classy.

I also agree with gsn and the possibility that legal ramifications took hold.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got got twice this season. 1) Jessie coming back and only being kicked out by a twist we has to award to someone to get him out, 2) This lame @$$ twist. While I'm glad it wasn't "game changing" because this is a time in the game that I think that America and/or production shouldn't funk with the hgs and just let them play to the end, don't promise me a twist that will change the game and give me this crap. I feel like Kaysar did season six, I restored faith in the game after Jessie left just to see this crap.

:party_smilie:

I didn't find the site... It was posted in the now locked thread, and Marty said she couldn't read it at work, cause it was blocked, so I then posted what it said so she could read it, and then someone asked me where it came from, so I posted the site again LOL...

i got to read it!

I think the Pandora's box will possibly be an ongoing and occasional option (like America's Player and Coup d'etat) as something that might appear as a consideration for the HOH. Who knows they may use it for the rest of the season or we might see it again next season.

I think it could be interesting if/when the box appears again that it could be anything... The one experience that Houseguests will have now seen is that it contained $10K. I see this just like the old game show "let's make a deal". If they go for the box the HOH might get "zonked" or it might contain fabulous prizes.

From this 1st exposure to Pandora's box:

I also think kevin learned some good info about high team mates before put up the replacement nomination. It allowed him to consider his options AND given this week is a tie breaker might allow Jeff/Michelle a wedge to actually have Kevin consider keeping Jeff (and voting out Jordan). Actually that gives Kevin a few ways to possibly hedge his bets for next week since he can't play POV. I am not sure he will "take the bait" (as he looked at his deal with Jeff last week) or might actually see that Jeff is more likely than Jordan to win HOH and Michelle is more likely than Nat to win HOH so maybe he could make a deal with people that have so far pretty much stuck to their word in past deals.

I still feel we will hear more of the key on Thursday night from Julie.

I just don't see the logic in that. Why on earth would you have a show with a major twist but no promotion? That would be like not promoting a Fast Forward ahead of time. And we know this time around they promoted it so far in advance that they had to call an audible because of Chima. Now, perhaps that right there might explain a reluctance to do it again. But I'm not betting on it.

I'm not the type of cynic who thinks AG and company don't care about pleasing us fans. But they care about ratings and the show going on a lot more.

Can someone please post a link to the site that shows the East Coast show live? The local CBS affiliate, in their ultimate wisdom, has decided to show the Kansas City Chief's pre-season football game tomorrow night and broadcast BB at 1:07AM.

pm Marty - believe she was who posted it

So I had to drink 6 drinks during the show to calm my nerves waiting for the twist then 6 more after the show because there was no twist--WELL I got twisted..lol

That was the lamest twist ever. I am still so disappointed with last nights show.

I think that was the end of Pandora's box, if there was/is to be more to it CBS would have annoucned it at the end of the show. They didn't.

THANKS, for letting me know about what the blogspot said. I am blocked at work from certain websites.

Can someone please post a link to the site that shows the East Coast show live? The local CBS affiliate, in their ultimate wisdom, has decided to show the Kansas City Chief's pre-season football game tomorrow night and broadcast BB at 1:07AM.

I think it is posted here somewhere. I am at work now but if you Google east coast feed you will get a bunch. The one that Dream Angel runs is from JustinTV.

Wonder how the game would be if NO ONE had unlocked Kevin...he'd still be cuffed in the box!! No POV ceremony, he couldn't of made a replacement NOM, he probably would of been in there till tomorrow night if Nat thought more money would fall from the sky. I could see Jordo going up to feed and bath him and bring him water....:)

Wonder how the game would be if NO ONE had unlocked Kevin...he'd still be cuffed in the box!! No POV ceremony, he couldn't of made a replacement NOM, he probably would of been in there till tomorrow night if Nat thought more money would fall from the sky. I could see Jordo going up to feed and bath him and bring him water....:)

LOL

I couldn't stop laughing when GNat went back outside and then when Jeff found the key. I don't get how Jordan was outside all that time and got the least amount of money. Michele racked it in!

I would have unlocked Kevin after I had rounded up all the money. These people do not think!

Maybe BB was expecting a different outcome with pandora's box. Kevin was telling them they couldn't have the money unless they found the key, which was a lie. Jeff found the key then went right back to collecting cash. Then Natalie told Jeff they had to unlock kevin or they couldn't have the money, so naturally, Jeff unlocked him. If Kevin hadn't lied to get himself freed, maybe Jeff would have thought a few minutes before unlocking him. He could have taken the opportunity to talk to him privately and at least try to make a deal. Who knows? Wonder what would have happened had Jeff refused to unlock kevin. Kevin played it pretty smart. They were more than willing to free him, at face value, no questions asked.

The way it ended just seemed so open-ended and unfinished. If that was it, it sucked.

I don't see that the key had any significance since the money was raining down and being collected already whether kevin was unlocked or not. What was the point to the whole thing? Kevin pretended to know the point and Natalie, of course, pretended to know the point but neither of them did or do. Craziest thing I've seen since I've been watching BB and I have been around since the first one. It is so crazy I am unable to explain myself about it. I guess what I am wondering is if that was it, why pretend that it would impact the people in the game or however the hell they worded it? Those people need to be made to explain.

I think the whole Pandora's Box was a complete and utter fiasco.

What made it worse was the hysteria that is the internet. Let's face it, the web is one HUGE party line. Back in the pre World War II era most telephones were on a party line so you shared one phone line with dozens of other subscribers, Meaning your phone calls had a special ring. Also a lot of listening in occurred. The Net is a much bigger party line. Here we know everyone is reading our thoughts. That's the whole point of it. But another downside of party lines in 1930s America was many unfounded rumors got started and spread like wildfire.

This is what befell all of us in the days building up to Tuesday's broadcast. And because NOTHING happened most of us are even more angry at BB than we were before.

I never had a party line...before my time...but as a kid we used to play a game called "telephone" where a row of kids sitting side by side would whisper a statement to the kid next to him/her and so on and so forth...by the time it got to the end of the row the story would be revealed and the original story would bear no resemblance to the one the last kid heard.

BTW, a great old movie Party Line with Jean Arthur (1935) was shown on TCM recently. It's hilarious. Gossips listen in jump to the conclusion that Jean (unmarried) is pregnant. Too funny.

Archived