Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor: Samoa

I am not sure why Jeff isn't asking about the HII during tribal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(TV_series)

Hidden immunity idol

In the most recent of the US versions, hidden immunity idols have been made available. These idols, typically a small object that fits with the theme of the Survivor location, are hidden near camp or located on Exile Island, with cumulative clues given to a select player (in Guatemala) or to exiled or kidnapped players (otherwise) as to its location. Once found, the player that possesses an idol may keep it or transfer it to another player prior to the start of Tribal Council, and it may not be stolen from that player.[4] The player is not required to show this idol to other players, though may use it as a bargaining chip for alliance and voting purposes. Other players may discover the ownership of the idol via any means within the rules of the game, including peeking into other player's personal possessions. In the first few seasons of the twist, only one idol was ever in play, but in Survivor: Fiji, Survivor: China, and Survivor: Tocantins, two hidden immunity idols were made available to the players (one located at each camp). The hidden immunity idol can only be used up until and including the Tribal Council of the final four or five players, depending on the season.

The use of the idol by a player to become immune has changed through the seasons:

• In Guatemala, the player with the idol was required to show the idol prior to the vote in order to become immune. The other members of the tribe were then not allowed to vote for this player.
  • In both Panama and Cook Islands, the player with the idol was required to show the idol after the votes were read to become immune. If the idol holder had received the most number of votes, the player with the next largest number of votes was then immediately voted out. If the idol holder was tied with the most votes with another player, that player was also immediately voted out.
  • From Fiji onwards, the player with the idol was required to show it after the votes were cast, but before they were read. The idol could be given to another player at this time, allowing that player to use the idol if they so desired. The resolution remained the same as with Panama and Cook Islands. According to an interview with host Jeff Probst, this change achieved a "happy medium" of the previous idol/immunity mechanisms.[5] This has resulted in players being voted out of the game without playing the idol (in China, Micronesia, and Tocantins)
During Guatemala, the hidden immunity idol was not returned to the game after its use. Since then, if the idol is played, or the player with the idol leaves the game without playing it, the idol is replaced at a new location to be found, as long as the means by which clues to the idol's location are still given out and that the idol can still be played at following Tribal Councils. During Gabon, the contestants unanimously decided to throw a hidden immunity idol into the sea. In this case it was not replaced at a new location. In some seasons, false hidden immunity idols have been fashioned by contestants; these have no value at Tribal Council. Probst has stated that the production team indirectly encourage contestants to create these fakes by means of supplying the camp with many materials that could be used to fashion the idol.[6]

I'm pretty sure Jeff has not mentioned the immunity idol because it is supposed to be a secret to those that haven't had a clue.

I think that Russell is talking to Laura because Galu won a RC and the new leader, Shambo, sent Laura to Foa Foa. Just guessing, but that's what I think.

UGH I hate the hypocrisy of some people.... you all treated Shambo like crap for weeks.... so shut it!!

I think that Russell is talking to Laura because Galu won a RC and the new leader, Shambo, sent Laura to Foa Foa. Just guessing, but that's what I think.

Bingo Sugar, you are correct. As today's prize winner you win an all expense paid vacation to .........................(fill in blank) :party_smilie:

Liz..... there was talk of Jaison.... but Liz was the one to go.... looks like they merge next week

I gotta give Foa Foa credit - they might suck at the challenges, but they have a PLAN and they are workin' it! Brilliant. Funniest comment so far tonight -- we all know Shambo is crazy, so if you choose to fight with her, you're crazy too, or maybe you're just being a bitch! Yep, that fits Laura.

FUDGE!!! Stupid Laura woulda been out tonight, but the skank won immunity. BLECH

I agree Sugar..... double blech!!! I'm hoping her little buddy Monica goes instead

Is Erik trying to dig his own grave tonight???? He better play that damn idol and hope to hell it counts

AHAHAHAHA what a dumbass, Erik! You deserved to go after that fine performance. I do so hope that Ms. Laura goes next week - I'd love to wipe that smug look off her face.

Wow, this is got to be a first. Two idols taken out of play in one tribal counsel and no one benifited. Russel and Eric got to be kicking themselves for that one.

Did you also notice that Jeff told Eric he was the first member of the jury? Must be a big jury!

I have a LOT more respect for Russell than Eric. He might have used it needlessly, but at least he didn't go home with it in his pocket. ANd seriously, I have my doubts that Russell is out of tricks.

I figure nasty Russell will win immunity or something next week just to prolong my agony LOL.... Erik should have played his right after Russell..... stupid dumbass... you were one of the ones I liked.... at least my man John won immunity

FUDGE!!! Stupid Laura woulda been out tonight, but the skank won immunity. BLECH

She is too much of a beotch to be skanky...

Skanky isn't all that bad really... I would sooner hang out with a skanky chick than some upitty bitch...

Russell is a legend in his own mind. Production used him to play the villain but I think his days are numbered. You have to know when to hold them and know when to fold him. He way over played his hand.

Funniest line tonight :

I dont care if she F-ing votes Probst...... ( Erik about keeping Shambo in the dark )

I think I pee'd when he said it

Funniest line tonight :

I dont care if she F-ing votes Probst...... ( Erik about keeping Shambo in the dark )

I think I pee'd when he said it

that was hysterical.....