Sign in to follow this  
erinjs

Russell Hantz - Part 1

I totally get screwing with your teams head but, destroying their property and dumping water will only help the OTHER team and this guy seems too stupid to see that.

Rupert had a brain and screwed the other team

wish that chick would have been smart enough to say ( at tribal ) she was wary b/c he came to her day1 about a secret allaince and now it appeared to her he was working everyone already - perhaps the others would have caught on and we would have had our first blindside of the season

ETA: Jersey712 - I love a godd BS artist too.....must be the Jersey in us

This guy is awesome I hope he wins just so he can laugh at everyone at the finale.

Russell is a very interesting character playing the role he wants to play.

He is not desparate, not a charmer, not a follower, nor a coattailer. I am thoroughly glad that he is not an actor or a waittress or any of the boring people we get all the time on reality shows. People with nothing better to do with their time and hoping for a get rich quick scheme.

Russel is conniving, STRONG, manipulative, and ready to get his hands dirty in order to have some fun with this game. Did you see that guy lift those logs? Even my eight year old daughter was surprised he could do it.

Yep hi is definitly one that we will all hate, but I guess we need a villian in everyone of these games.....Hope he goes soon

I agree that messing with his own team is a mistake...and I don't think he'll be able to cover up all his lies for very long.

But, he is a great character to hate! I mean, he seriously has a problem with women and that makes me want to hurl.

I look forward to the day he's booted off.

I really hate that he messes with other people's property. That is a deadly sin for me.

I also want to PUKE at his ugly "PACKAGE".

I didn't find him one of those 'love to hate' type of characters. I don't mind the mind games, or his tactics. And his comments are horrible, but it's almost like he's trying to hard to be horrible. Like he's purposefully thinking of the worst thing he can say.

I think it's partly because he's trying so hard to play a part. We don't see the real Russel.

And I think the other part is, that I don't really think he's playing that smart. I am kind of disappointed in the others, who seemed to automatically trust him. I think I would have been suspicious of him from the get go. None of these people talk to each other at all? Russel talks to them, minutes after meeting, wanting to form an alliance, and every single person proclaims their loyalty, trust, and undying honesty and devotion to this guy? And no one but Marissa noticed he was spending one on one time with pretty much everyone?

I'm kind of surprised, in this game, that people would be so initially trusting.

And, unless they are complete morons, and terrible game players, his plans should all fall apart very very soon.

I guess I think if they suck this badly at the game of Survivor, that they would let one guy dupe them all, then he does deserve to win, because the others on his tribe are entirely too stupid.

OH, I think people will catch on. He might not get voted off right away, but people will catch on.

I can't stand the fact that he destroys other people's property...Why would he want to put his own team at a disadvantage (the guy whose socks he burned could get a blister..etc.) I think his tactics will do him in, sooner rather than later.

He will be the one that will make the show interesting that is for sure!

Pertaining to his throwing out the water, burning the socks..he ® did say he will suffer along with the rest of them..imo that will be good game play.

I didnt see any reaction the next morning when theydiscovered their canteens were empty--did I miss it? I cant beleive they didnt notice.

I was thinking the same thing cablejockey, how can that many people sleeping in the same uncomfortable area NOT wake-up and notice this man get up, why would not one them not follow him to see what he was up to???

None of the ones that realized that their canteens were empty appeared to be shocked nor mad--just a "hmm somebody drank all the water" sounding nonchalant..that was my impression.

I know he's despicable but, there's something kinda appealing (hate saying it that way) about watching the accident (rest of his tribe) and I can't turn my head away. :o I could really dig a season where this guy makes it to the end (close) and in the end he gets got by someone who saw him coming a mile away. :D (Did that make sense? lol)

Yes that absolutely makes sense. Heh-- I watch way too much reality tv!

As far as I'm concerned, either get rid of him ASAP, or he can go to the finals. If his tribe mates are going to be so oblivious in a game where you need to observe and analyze people's every move, then they totally deserve the burned socks, poured out water, and whatever else he may throw at them. It's not a camp out -- it's Survivor.

I tell you though, I'm going to find it hard to watch, if they let him run the show. I will start to wonder if it's a set up, because people couldn't really be that blind, could they? Or else I will be disgusted that they picked people to be on the show who apparently know nothing about the game.

None of the ones that realized that their canteens were empty appeared to be shocked nor mad--just a "hmm somebody drank all the water" sounding nonchalant..that was my impression. [end of quote]

Did this really happen or is this Mark trying to make it interesting?

He is my love to hate guy for the season and probably would not want to kick him in his itty bitty package if he wasn't destroying his own teams stuff.

This guy needs to go.

We just had a season where we saw coach, coach coach.

Season one had no evil villian.

this guy got so much air time, we didn't even get to see some of the people.

we never saw either team struggle with water fire food, we never saw the camps.

i don;t need to watch a whole season with a single main character.

I hope this guy is gone next but the way he is bringing his team down i dont think that will be.

looks like a long boring season.

this show was so much better when it didnt focus on one person and we got to learn more about each player.

None of the ones that realized that their canteens were empty appeared to be shocked nor mad--just a "hmm somebody drank all the water" sounding nonchalant..that was my impression.

From Realitytvworld.com:

Reality TV World: Last night's episode failed to explain what the tribe thought happened to Jaison Robinson's socks and the water in the canteens on the morning of Day 2. You guys must have suspected that somebody dumped the water out, right? What did you think happened to the socks?

Marisa: The thing with the canteens is that at that time... Okay, one pot of boiled water only filled five canteens. You had to boil two pots of water [to fill all 10 castaway canteens]. You had to boil a pot of water over an open fire in this big cast-iron pot, it takes a very long time. We were really -- as a tribe -- wanting to stay hydrated and ready for the challenge the next day. So we were sort of sharing canteens.

When we woke-up in the morning, we just assumed that everyone had drank their fill of water and because it was night nobody replenished the source. I mean this is just the first three days. I'm sure if he continued to do that, people would catch onto it. But we were all totally unfamiliar with our surroundings.

I can't stand him already. For me he's not going to be the one I love to hate.. he's just going to be the one I really don't like. He has too high an opinion of himself for me. Hope he goes home soon. And how about some air time for some of the other survivors, I'd like to get to know them all.

I still have the overwhelming urge to punch him in the face. About to add some of his tribemates to that too -- especially the short haired dumb blonde (sorry, forgot her name already, but got the other votes at tribal)

When we woke-up in the morning, we just assumed that everyone had drank their fill of water and because it was night nobody replenished the source. I mean this is just the first three days. I'm sure if he continued to do that, people would catch onto it. But we were all totally unfamiliar with our surroundings. [end of quote]

If it a team you would think everyone drank their share therefore what do you think happened to yours? Wasn't the rest of the tribe thirty in the morning since I assume no one drank water at night since it had been spilled out?

Oooooooh I love having someone to hate. He is the male version of Natalie with all his lies and deception.

^^^ Ditto, what Marty said. But, after just coming off BB11 and NataLIE, I don't think I can handle the male version Russel. Survivor is one of my most favorite shows, but thinking, not so much, after the first episode. I just might skip it this year. I'm tired of cruelty, just for the sake of cruelty, and nothing to do with game play. Russel aleady stated that he doesn't need the money, and is there just to screw with people (paraphrasing). Nope, don't think Survivor is for me this year.

Agree with poster SugarB. I also have an overwhelming urge to punch him in the face, hard, and more than once. :box: