Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Natalie White - Winner

I guess the difference was as you guys had said, that she took the time to connect with others that Mick didn't. I felt bad that he didn't get any votes. Thrilled for Natalie because it wasn't Russell! And love the irony that he was beaten by someone from his dumb-ass girl alliance.

Congratulations, Natalie! I didn't care which one won the game Russell or Natalie because I agreed somewhat with Erik's assessment: I think Natalie just played a different kind of game than Russell. I think "coattailing" can be a type of game play and she rightly figured out that the aggressive women weren't lasting long in the game. She also had alot to do with the huge Erik ouster, which I give her kudos for. She is a sweetheart who deserved to win just as much as Russell. Personally, I think Russell played the game the hardest and I'm glad he won the 100k but I'm also very happy for Natalie.

Question: Does anyone else besides me think that she is even cuter without all the make-up she was wearing last night at the finale?

Well, I'm a "happy camper"!

Soooo glad Natalie won! Yes, Russel did a good job getting himself, Mick and Natalie to the end, but I think his cockiness at the end got him 2nd place.....

jmho :pixiedust:

Well, I'm a "happy camper"!

Soooo glad Natalie won! Yes, Russel did a good job getting himself, Mick and Natalie to the end, but I think his cockiness at the end got him 2nd place.....

jmho :pixiedust:

That is a good assessment. I think he played the best game end-to-end before getting to final tribal concil, but didn't have the humility to back down a notch to prove he wasn't as ruthless outside of the game as he was inside. He didn't have the communication skills to close the deal with this jury.

If a jury member thought he would use that money to screw over people outside of the game, good chance he wouldn't get their vote. Who wants to vote for a guy who might truly beleive 100% it is OK to stab others in the back to get ahead. If he had just demostrated he had some humanity inside, he probably would have won in a clean sweep. Instead, it wasn't even close.

I thought he would have a enough votes to win, and clearly he thought it was a slam dunk from his perspective.

Question: Does anyone else besides me think that she is even cuter without all the make-up she was wearing last night at the finale?

Yep, I thought so too. She seemed to have gained a lot of weight (understandably) too.

I like Natalie and I'm glad she got the money. I'll never be a fan of coattailing. Had Russell been blindsided earlier and say it was Jaison, Mick and Nat in the F3, I'd say she deserved to win. Sitting next to the guy she road on, I can't say she deserves the title.

Russell picked the wrong person to carry with him to the end. She has gained weight and IMO, wears make-up that isn't needed but is nontheless striking with or without it. She looked like a different person just as she did when she arrived to play. She played Russell, the man many believe to be the greatest player ever. Amazing that she managed to walk away with the win.

Yes she is one of those beauties that looks so much better without makup. It is always so amazing to see how much different they look at the finale shows.

I think Amanda Kimmel looks much better without all the make up.

I thought Natalie looked great last night!

i think amanda kimmel looks better with a bag on her head. never saw anything cute about her. in the world of the wide mouth bass she maybe hot

:animated_rotfl:

Were I Natalie White, I would have been hard-pressed not to turn to Russell Hantz and tell him to please shut his yap. He was unbelievably rude and there is no excuse for being a sore loser. Sorry, folks.

Sorry. I am referencing The Early Show this morning.

It would definetly be in Russells best interest to shut his trap at this point. Nothing he can say to change what has happened and just sounds like a bunch of whining. I however, will continue to rant in his defence.

I agree that he was and is a sore loser and needed to zip it, but I think he played the better game, as much as I dislike him that is what I have to feel, course on the early show he certanly stayed true to who he was the whole season,lol

Natalie White wanted to be on Survivor and fate brought her to the perfect Survivor. She aligned herself with the perfect person and fate smiled on her all the way to the bank with the million dollars. Did she deserve the win? That is a matter of personal opinion but she did. Win. I think that Natalie played as clean a game as can be played and played it marvelously. Luck, of course, had much to do with it. It always does. Natalie and Brett and Mick seem like nice people to me. There is much to be said for that.

As per the interview Natalie had the game on her mind every day. She stroked Russell's ego every day to make sure she got to the end with him. She know the social game would be very important with this jury and she played it hard. I think we need to give her some more credit then she has been given.

She played Russell

So much of the focus has been on Russell and his gameplay throughout the entire season. I'm glad to hear someone else talking about what Natalie's gameplay was - and I agree that she played him. She may not have been doing it intentionally in the beginning, but I think she's smarter than we've given her credit for. She obviously knew that by sticking with Russell, she would go far in the game.

Congratulations on your win Natalie!

It looks like Russel was his own worst enemy and Natalie saw and took advantage of it. Good for her. Now that the show is over and more and more revelations about what we did not see are coming out it's apparent that Natalie played a better game than she got credit for. It was Russel's game to win but his arrogance cost him dearly. Natalie saw it and took full advantage of it, something Mick should have paid attention to.

Congrats Natalie, totally understand why they gave her the money. Russell thought of himself and the best player on Survivor, but he got played.

Never underestimate a intelligent WOMAN! :party_smilie:

They once gave some paint to some chimps and had them paint some canvases. Then they had some local art students come in to interpret the work. They didn't tell them the paintings were made by chimps. They thought it was some kind if modern art. The students said things in their write-ups about how the artist must have been angry or sad or he was painting this and that. My point is... We can look something and each interpret it in our own way. Sure maybe Natalie WAS playing Russell the whole time, but why didn't she say that in her diaries? All this came out AFTER the end of the show. She got the money. She got the title. She should be happy with that and go do what she does best... Hide.

It is so sad that Russell is so bitter about losing. :outfitted_pirate: I really hope in Survivor 20 they don't vote him the fan favorite. yuck!

Natalie as I have been seeing in her interviews is a smart educated woman. She was using her brain in the game as apposed to being a bully.

Seems to me that Russell is not the only bitter loser. More and more, I am glad that Survivor Samoa ended as it did.

I am not bitter about any of it, and I can see all sides of the story. I totally agree with everyone who says and thinks Russell was and is a bully sore loser, but I still think he played the better game,even tho his attitude and manner in which he played lost him the title and the money, I feel he was by far playing to win harder and more earnest than anyone who was out there this season, and it was a really hard bitter pill for him to swallow, that does not make any of us in our ideas about Russell, or Natalie wrong in how we look at it, there is no right or wrong, just our own opinions on how we feel. Russell obviously is missing a gene in how to win friends and influence ppl,lol, Natalie is a sweet, down to earth good person who being who's best strategy was latching onto Russell and staying there, it gave her the win. Russell had other alliances with other women, but Natalie was the only one who stuck with him, the others tried to take control and that was a mistake, we saw what happened to those gals, gone very fast. It will be interesting to see what Russell does in the next season, he will have to come up with a whole different tactic if he wants tostay a long time, his ways are fresh and well known, so we will see, as I said before, I am gonna HATE having to deal with coach, I really disliked him Mucho Grande.

It will be interesting to see what Russell does in the next season, he will have to come up with a whole different tactic if he wants tostay a long time, his ways are fresh and well known, so we will see, as I said before, I am gonna HATE having to deal with coach, I really disliked him Mucho Grande.

Russell is in next season? Coach is in next season?