Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Ben Browning

Ok, the guy didn't get along with everyone, but I think Jaison's reasoning for wanting him gone is messed up. I'm white and from the ghetto. When I say I'm from the ghetto no one freaks out on me. When I say how my childhood friends are from the ghetto, no one freaks out either and some of them are black. So my question is this, is it really racist to say that someone is acting "ghetto"? If it is, I'm a sinner because I even tell the kids at work to stop acting ghetto (we're an inner city school that's kind of trashy) or to lose their ghetto attitude. Maybe it's because I'm from the ghetto that I know that all groups of people live there. To me being ghetto is a way that ppl act, it had nothing to do with class or colour. Rich, white kids act ghetto all the time.

I also think Ben was right when he called Yasmin a b*tch. She was. If she was a guy and they had that fight, he probably would have called "him" and a-hole. Does that mean he was knocking men???

I'm white and from the ghetto.

Surrey?

Hey! I'm from Surrey. Take that back! lol

Ok, the guy didn't get along with everyone, but I think Jaison's reasoning for wanting him gone is messed up. I'm white and from the ghetto. When I say I'm from the ghetto no one freaks out on me. When I say how my childhood friends are from the ghetto, no one freaks out either and some of them are black. So my question is this, is it really racist to say that someone is acting "ghetto"? If it is, I'm a sinner because I even tell the kids at work to stop acting ghetto (we're an inner city school that's kind of trashy) or to lose their ghetto attitude. Maybe it's because I'm from the ghetto that I know that all groups of people live there. To me being ghetto is a way that ppl act, it had nothing to do with class or colour. Rich, white kids act ghetto all the time.

I also think Ben was right when he called Yasmin a b*tch. She was. If she was a guy and they had that fight, he probably would have called "him" and a-hole. Does that mean he was knocking men???

I agree and I consider it reverse racism that a white person can't say certain words without being considered racist.

EXCELLANT point Elle. Where I used to work that term was used to describe the way some people behaved, customers and employees alike, black, white and hispanic.

Although I'm glad Ben is gone Jaison's whipping out the race card sort of pissed me off. And Ben did a crappy job of defending himself as well. If that remark bothered

Jaison as he portrayed on TV he must be miserabe in the outside world. Sorry but I'm not buying the racial bit.

I ma happy he went instead of Ashley... She's pretty cool...

I agree! I like Ashley and I don't really get why everyone thinks she's the weakest, she doesn't seem any weaker than the other girls imo. I was worried that she'd leave over Ben so I was so excited when Jeff read his name, I'm very happy to see him go.

I agree with what was said above about the race card.

Here in America we are allowed to have Black History Month, Ceasar Chavez Day, etc., special days for various races and backgrounds. But as a white, you are not allowed to celebrate anything since it would be seen as racist.

Yasmin was a pain in the ... and deserved to be called out on it. I liked Jaison until that night when he dropped like a bomb for me. I hope he now gets booted fo being an idiot and no amount of schooling will get rid of his bitterness. I was also not real fond of Ben either and did not mind him leaving.

People need to get out of living in the past. The people today should not be continually blamed for things that happened before their time.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Why did Ben even need to go there? He could have called her a big mouth bitch and that would have been accurate. Why even bring anything that could remotely be interpretted as racial into it? That's just ignorance on his part. WHy set yourself up to get labeled that way? The guy was a class A jerkoff, and I refuse to defend him in any way. Glad he is gone.

Also, to add to a point above...

On another show a black gal called a white gal "white trash" and the black gal was defended in much the same way. The host was trying to understand why she would use such terms and she said the gal is white and she acts like trash. This is similar to ben's statement.

I don't get why whites can call other whites "white trash" and there is no problem and blacks can use terms such as "ghetto" against each other with the same result. But if they do it to another race than there own, it is suddenly seen as forbidden, wrong, etc.

So, anyways, I hope Yasmin and Jaison join Ben on his walk to the door, preferably prior to Jury.

I don't like people calling someone white trash or trailer trash either. If you're an asshole or bitch or whatever, then call it like it is. No need to add the stuff about what color your are or where you grew up. JMHO.

and I despise the term bitch, unless of course one is actually referring to a female dog. my own little pet peeve. I don't know anyone else it bothers and the use of it is on the rise now that as a verb it has become acceptable on radio, primetime TV etc ... not going away so you'd think I"d just get used to it.

and I despise the term bitch, unless of course one is actually referring to a female dog. my own little pet peeve. I don't know anyone else it bothers and the use of it is on the rise now that as a verb it has become acceptable on radio, primetime TV etc ... not going away so you'd think I"d just get used to it.

I think quite a few people aree offened by that term...

Not saying I haven't use it before once or twice!!

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Why did Ben even need to go there? He could have called her a big mouth bitch and that would have been accurate. Why even bring anything that could remotely be interpretted as racial into it? That's just ignorance on his part. WHy set yourself up to get labeled that way? The guy was a class A jerkoff, and I refuse to defend him in any way. Glad he is gone.

I agree with you. Ben could have have called her lots of different things, even the "C word" if he wanted, he did not need to take it there and call her ghetto. No matter how you feel about it, everyone knows that the word ghetto has a racist connotation. He knew that when he said it and for him to say he didn't mean it that way is total BS.

I agree Ben meant it as a racial slur, but I have used the term myself, and not meant it that way, as an example, on one of the radio shows we've done I said I can get ghetto when I want to, and I just meant that I could have my finger in the air wagging, and my head bobbing, I don't think of it as a black or white thing, just as ghetto, and maybe that's wrong of me, but it is the way I think of it...

All I know is he was an annoying, whining bully and I'm glad he's gone. I'm glad Jaison wasn't afraid to stand up for what he believed at TC but that being said, Yasmin is also on my list of those I'd like to see go home soon.

Yup Kayo, I agree. Ben sucked, and so does Yasmin. They were both in the wrong.

I can think of one or more occasions when, during an arguement I said something that I later regretted. When your mad at somebody and it gets down to name calling ANYTHING we call someone is done just purely to agravate the person your argueing with. If calling them an a**hole, b*tch, motherf'er, etc., is OK.... :animated_bouncy: then useing white trash and ghetto should be OK as well. All those terms aren't really the way you feel about someone but a way to piss them off! In the heat of an argument sometimes thinks fly out of our mouthes that we later regret.

Personelly I do not think Ben is a true racist, just a true asshole........

Personally I think name calling is immature... It's never ok in my opinion to call someone names...