If BB Survives..

laladoopiedu

More luxury comps.....the movie night is getting old. My favorite was (I can't remember which season) the girls got so many seconds to put on as many clothes as possible and kept whatever they had on.

I agree with the board games. Partini or Cranium would be fun to watch. More alcohol please!!! Music rights would be awesome...drunken dance parties.....Wooohooooo!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see HOH have to nominate on the spot and then be done with their "job". POV winner nominates the replacement. Skip the "HOH room" altogether and have a "private room with the other goodies" as a separate thing you earn for the week or just a few days. Drop the slop!!! I like having food comps, where they get the basics like bread and PB, and then have to earn anything else. Keep them awake during the day. (I'm on the east coast...their schedule is killing me!) Remember when they had to do projects to earn things? One season they had to build this enormous domino thing. Giving them things they HAVE to do is a lot more interesting than watching Jordan and Jeff having the same conversation 40 times, no matter HOW cute they are!!

They need to come up with a way to make it so someone is BD'd every frickin week. I want to people to go after their targets to their face and give them a fighting chance. This is why every year one group takes control for half the game.

Make the back yard smaller to force people to be closer to each other. The BB house should feel claustrophobic. Get rid of the hot tub. They don't need both a pool and a hot tub, and you can't hear them talking over it anyways when it's on.

Don't give them weights and other gym equipment. That bores the crap out of us watching. They can run and do pushups if they want to workout. The BB house isn't a spa.

Make sure they always have something to do during BBAD. This is a no brainer.

Make all the cameras hidden. I don't like that they can see who the cameras are pointed at. They should be forgetting that they are there.

Have/Have Nots is lame. Besides Chima, nobody else cared about the cold showers, cold room, and metal slab. Also, what is the point of letting America vote on giving them something horrible if you are also giving them something good? It should have been something like "eat this many of this nasty food, and you get taken off slop a day early". Another thing is the slop pass should not be good for the whole season. Nat never was on slop because she got it really early in the game.

Quit using not only the same games dressed differently every year, but using the same schedule for them every year. Everyone knows when it's time for endurance ect. Not many surprises for a show that prides itself on surprises.

I love the Chenbot as much as everyone else, but it would be nice to see a host with some energy. She hosts a reality show like she's doing a story on Obama's health care plan. Snoozfest

Quit getting actors from L.A. and trying to pass them off as middle Americans. There are actually good looking people all over the country that are normal every day folks.

I love Julie as the host tho. It wouldn't be the same without her.

Here's an idea, Let everyone play for POV like a lot of ppl have said, and the host could be a different HG from the past. It would be cool to see ppl like Janelle, ED, Chicken George host the veto comps. Have the host be different every week. I'm sure they can find 12 or 13 HG that will do it.

A few random thoughts.

Do the people who participate on BB forums such as this one represent the target audience of the show? I ask that question because among what I would define as "fans" of BB, there is almost a universal opinion about things we don't like. Such as HG's who have previous relationships, bringing back former HG's, casting "pros" as HG and forced alliances, i.e. couples. Yet season after season they continue to have one or more of those elements in the game.

What was the point of bringing Jessie back? I saw zero value there. Even assuming, wink wink, that the four potential returnee had an equal chance, none were likely to add much excitement to watching the show. Well ok Jessica would have been easy on the eyes, but still for game play, I'm not thinking so. Brian made the fatal mistake of thinking he could win on week one, and Cowboy? Are you serious?

Forget fans versus favorites, I'd love to see a season of BB where all HG's were knowledgeable fans of the show. No longer would we be rolling our eyes when on week 7 a HG is explaining to another how the jury house works or the inevitable comment, "I don't think that will be on tape".

I was looking forward to a new live-feed BB season, but after seeing the HG pics and reading the bios the first day they were available, I knew I would sit this season out... Were they HG I would care about? NO! I go back to BB1 and remember the days when I cared and gave my summer life to the show...

Yup...

Someone said to bring back the group challenges. I agree that it would give us something to watch, and would make the HGs have to work together more. I have watched all of the seasons. I know that BB1 is very different from the others, but those HGs went into it looking for life experiences and tried to get along (most of them, I think Jordan, Eddie, and Mega always had the game in mind). The HGs from most of the other seasons were cut throat and not looking to work together--only to form alliances to get them to the end. It has gotten so formulaic that this season the relationships are very shallow, leading to boring down-time and blow-ups with loud cussing but little substance. If, instead, the HGs had to rely on each other to a greater extent (like BB2 and BB3's food comps and BB1's grocery betting challenges), it would be more difficult for them to flip flop and, I think, make for more interesting game play.

Look at this clip from season 1. In it, the HGs have just completed a wicked hard challenge of setting up 11,000 domino pieces. Just about everyone viscerally disliked Jordan, but they relied on her steady hands to place the last few pieces. They had misgivings about whether she would betray them and throw the challenge, like Mega had done the week he left, but they put the fate of their grocery money in her hands. I thought that was a pretty awesome moment.

BB1 Episode 18

Curiously, how have the ratings been for this season? I hope good enough to continue, man it would be a sad day when BB gets canceled :(

BIG BROTHER 11 THURSDAY, which last night saw the live eviction of Russell Kairouz, delivered its largest audience of the summer on any night, according to Nielsen preliminary live plus same day ratings for Aug. 27.

BIG BROTHER 11 THURSDAY was first in households (5.0/09), viewers (8.08m), adults 25-54 (3.3/10), adults 18-49 (2.7/09) and tied for first in adults 18-34 (2.0/08, with FOX).

Compared to last week, BIG BROTHER 11 THURSDAY was up +16% in households (from 4.3/08), +18% in both adults 25-54 (from 2.8/09) and adults 18-34 (from 1.7/07), +23% in adults 18-49 (from 2.2/08) and added +1.33m viewers (from 6.75m, +20%).

This is BIG BROTHER 11’s best delivery (on any night) in both households and viewers and best Thursday delivery in adults 25-54 and adults 18-49.

Updated Thursday ratings will be available this afternoon.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/08/28/big-b...ings-high/25590

It seems weird that while the UK version is tanking the US version is getting bigger every week.

NO MORE ANNOYING PEOPLE LIKE NATALIE I CAN"T STAND LISTENING TO HER MOUTH OR LOOKING AT HER.

WE GET TO SEE EVERY DR SO WE KNOW WHAT'S UP.

All house guests must speak so all the people who have to pay every year for the live feeds can hear every word.

I like the POV idea winner picks replacement.

---------------

size] Best idea I have seen not yet mentioned, Jersey. I get so angry when we buy the feeds and they are allowed to whisper. BB should do a shout out and tell them not to whisper. and mean it

This season all of Nat's know-it-all talk about past seasons (which has not all been very accurate as people have pointed out) has driven me up the wall. I was disappointed that the feeds were all the HG's laying around or scheming until I was driven insane! I also don't like how all the competitions and things they do that are actually interesting are FotH'd! Maybe earlier in the season this isn't true, and I know it's all about the ratings, but I am seriously going to watch the show anyway!

As for activities, I think this is a great idea! Maybe an on-going project, the first thing that came to mind was a Habitat for Humanity house, something like that where they spend time working with each other for the good of others. Maybe assembling smaller things? Anything to get the group working together and not 100% against one another based on catty bs.

I also think casting should be done a little more in-depth. They should research enough to know that people like Chima and Russell are not good for the show, as Chima threw a tantrum and wanted to quit over Have-Nots, Coup deTat and being nominated, yes drama adds spice, but she was too much. Russell shouldnt have been allowed to terrorize people to much, he crossed the line many times which caused other HG's to also cross the line.

I also think all whispering should be called out and stopped as well. Rebuilding the house is also a good plan! As for evictions, maybe they shouldn't have ab eviction until week 2 or 3, then we can really see the personalities flow and people can have motive for why they evict whomever. Even better, instead of the HG's evicting, they should have America pick which nominee is evicted, that would flip everything around!

I also think they need to have a huge brainstorming session with some new faces for ideas on competitions.

I am done rambling :) Just my thoughts on it all.

I think Russel was perfect for the show, and was exactly what the casting department was looking for. A "tough guy" willing to get into someones face. He literally was the main of a lot of promos.

He even started to grow on me in the end, sad to see him go.

Chima, however, is a different story, and shouldnt be included in the same group as Russel.

As the game goes on, I see much talk about DR influence. Something about that just doesn't sit right with me. I would like to think that they only influence the HG's in a superficial way but my better sense tells me that is not the case. More and more, I am thinking that my suggestions would fall on deaf ears and that BB has evolved into something less.

stop with casting of these dumb hg

bb wtf do you cast them each season

enough is enough

seem like each season the cast get dumber and dumber

stop casting hg off the street because they fill some stereotype reality show mold that have no clue what the hell bb is except that they are gonna be on it

POV Winner gets to choose new nominee.

Don't let the Coup D'etat be a secret, let it be won in a Comp.

the 2 or 3 houseguests who score the lowest or get taken out first during the HOH comps should be on slop for the week.

do the double evic earlier in the season like week 3.

do at least one week with no POV challenge, that can be the week the Coup d'etat is played so if needed both noms can be changed.

let America nominate houseguests.

Just remember that any changes you suggest now because they might save the game for you (such as the POV winner selecting the new nominee) could ruin it for you later. You might love it now, but someday soon when it's one of your favorites being ran out of the house by a new power, you'll hate it.

Really, the show doesn't need any huge changes. Upgrade the house cameras to HD. Upgrade the online viewing experience of the feeds to a higher resolution. One of the reasons I've never bought the live feeds is that I'm just not spending good money on a horrible service. You can get better video out of a webcam. Put Diary Room video online, even if it's after the fact so they can censor anything they feel would ruin enjoyment of the TV show. Keep doing twists, but make them less about manipulating the house during the game and more about just spicing up the cast. How about a season where the entire house is made up of single men & women?

For the most part though, they aren't going to seriously try to change the wheel until it stops working. And it's not going to stop working for quite some time. They still have a great pool for another All Star edition. At any time they could do a celebrity edition to pop ratings. They haven't even mined the goldmine that could be an all WWE Legend cast. "This season on Survivor, who will win an epic battle of former steroid addicts? Will it be The Hulk? Will it be The Warrior? And will the Mega Powers explode, again, when The Macho Man enters the house?!?!?!" Haha

Archived