Tuesday, August 25th

BigFLGuy

ALRIGHTY THEN!!! Jordan lost me tonight when she said "I don't see how some people get that big! Like to 400 pounds, now that's crazy." Take it from a 400 pound man Jordan, it's NOT that hard to get this big! Why are you judging people Jordan? I hope people don't assume your dumb because you have a country accent and fake boobs.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe it's hard to get that big either. My aunt got to 300lbs in one year with a few thyroid problems, first her losing 50 lbs for nothing, they gave her meds, then she gained 200lbs fast no matter how many times they changed the pills. I feel also that if you see someone even 500lbs you don't know what it's like for them. Their appetite has to be really bad, a kind of mistake in the brain chemicals, just like some people are born with no arms. I can't imagine what it's like to be starving the whole day, and obssessed with food so I can't fault those who have this problem. Even when skinny people like Jeff were on slop they were obssessed with eating.

I know overweight people are not lazy, good-for-nothings. There are people in my family who are very ambitious and educated but have weight problems. 70% of people in America are overweight so don't worry about what Jordan said. There will be other people who tell you that's ridiculous too but don't listen to them, they only know what it's like to have a regular appetite not a gnawing hunger. And I am not saying that because I am overweight for people who will say I am offended because i'm a "porker"

Good luck BigFL ! I am sure you are the type of person that even though you have a problem you wake up and groom yourself and wear nice clothes! use what God gave you to look good and you will be happy with yourself!

Had to do A LOT of editing in yesterdays Live Feed Thread... If you need to refresh your memory about the rules/guidelines of this site please do... http://www.tvfanforums.net/index.php?act=a...mp;f=9&id=5

No cussing in your posts!!!

Just had to clean up another thread for posts with questionably racists remarks. Such comments will not be tolerated and entire post will be deleted.

ALRIGHTY THEN!!! Jordan lost me tonight when she said "I don't see how some people get that big! Like to 400 pounds, now that's crazy." Take it from a 400 pound man Jordan, it's NOT that hard to get this big! Why are you judging people Jordan? I hope people don't assume your dumb because you have a country accent and fake boobs.

She wasn't judging anyone. She just wondered how some people get that big. She wasn't the only one discussing it. Kevin was talking about the half ton boy or whoever and said that they just lay in bed and have enablers that bring them tons of food to eat. Another was discussing Biggest Loser. It was just conversation.

LMAO BigFLGuy -- very good point! (PS not laughing at you being a 400 pound man, but rather laughing at your Jordan comment!)

I self editted a post of mine. I couldn't feel good about myself after using two slurs to make a point. That's not how I go about things in the real world. Still, I'm sorry that I did it in the first place.

As for larger people, I just read a bio of one of the TBL contestants the other day. I can't remember her name, but that chick is hella busy. There's no way anyone could call her lazy.

Here's my issue, I work with kids. I've seen 8 year olds on diets. My niece now is hearing about her weight. My sister has even had the f*cking nerve to call her fat (I've seen some chubby kids, she's not one of them). It makes me sick honestly. She's 13...such a fragile age. My sister and I both know what it's like to have been down that road. We're the type of people that HAVE to work out insanely just to keep with our current weight. If we stop, we gain even if though we're eating right. So for her to have been there when she was a kid and still knock my niece is beyond upsetting. Kids (boys and girls alike though I've always found it more suggestive to girls but maybe that's because I am one) today are being slammed by magazines, movies, music videos especially, friggen video games even, tv shows, etc with images on what is desired. Girls with insanely big boobs and tiny frame, guys with their pimped out expensive sh*t and muscles.

I could understand people calling Jordan fat if she was actually fat. Maybe my understanding of fat is different than others, but I just don't see her at the "fat" stage yet. She's put on weight, yes.. but not enough to be called lard @ss or porker. I think what bothers me with all this is that you could never attack someone based on race or gender preference (or Chima's lips without being called a racist because big lips are common amongst black people), but you can call ppl fat names or a girl a sl*t and that's totally acceptable. Why is it alright to tip toe around some people with political correctness, but not others? There seems to be a world wide acceptance regarding knocking someone's body, whether they're too fat, too skinny... but you how dare you knock their skin colour, culture, or sexual make up.

If you don't do that, at least bear in mind that others are reading and walking away with things you say. What message are you sending out when you're calling Jordan fat? There's a reason why the dieting industry is as big as it is. Why people are literally killing themselves to "fit" in. Man, our preception is way off and something is totally f*cked up with the world if a girl who puts on 30 lbs is considered a porker. That's really just sad to me.

Wow! After Mama-CeCi's slap on the wrist, this thread has been quiet today!

Elle, ITA! People don't think about the fact Jordan is locked in a house AND has seemed to be on her period a lot. For me, that would call for stress-eating ... big time! In fact, with everything going on for me lately, I've been binging on "comfort foods." Last night my husband said I've been very "comfortable" because of it ... unfortunately my pants are starting to get a little snug. I can't imagine being locked in a house with people I don't like, being paranoid, AND having PMS! Holy crap, they'd have to pull me out of the storage closet! I'd be pigging out all the friggin' time!

I know this is off-topic, but while I'm not a health nut by any means, I am coming to think that our bodies just weren't made to handle all of this processed, artificial food that we shove in our mouths on a daily basis. We were made to eat what came from the land ... no wonder we're so fat these days. I also think this is a huge part of why colon cancer is on the rise. But that's another theory all together.

Now, back to BB talk ... I like Jeff, Jordan, Russell, and Kevin ... I'm on the fence about Michele and can't friggin' stand the Gnat. :cookie:

Not to mention portion sizes are out of this world. Seriously, the food they put on your plate at a restaurant these days is sinful. It's like they're feeding you your last meal. We eat today for all sorts of reasons. You're only supposed to eat to live. Our body really doesn't need that much to sustain itself. You're not supposed to eat until you're full only until you feel satisfied. Now, people eat even when they are full.

My food sin is pepsi zero. I drink way too much of it. I started off just having a glass with dinner, now I drink more of it than I do water. I know it's bad for me, I know my kidneys are really going to suffer one day. I know all this, and still I have it. What the hell is wrong with me?

I've just realized that we need a healthy and lifestyle thread...

so while we are on the topic of jordan and weight and how insensitive some people may be, i thought i'd bring up something that's been bugging me too. i know that jordan isn't the brightest crayon in the box (or as she says the smartest? lol) but insulting someone's intelligence to me is mind boggling. maybe because of my career, i try to be as sensitive as possible to those who may have learning disabilities or what not, but how is it appropriate to call someone dumb and use that against them? i keep hearing it in regards to J/J but if any of the HGs had down syndrome or any sort of disability it definitely wouldn't be appropriate then, would it? but anyways, i still think jordan is smarter than she seems. maybe because i work with real delayed children on a daily basis and i tend to say "dumb" things myself in the real world and have been misunderstood before, i can relate. and just like it's not appropriate to insult someone based on size, i think the same goes for intelligence.

and elle, not only are the portion sizes ridiculous but the sodium amounts too! you can make the same meal at home and it'll be so much healthier for you just because of all those mystery ingredients they add. do we even have a heatlhy lifestyle thread here anyways?

My cousin is retarded. Not saying that in a mean manner, but he is. I treat him great and he will never be able to work, he will always need somebody with him to survive. He couldn't handle it, he's just not smart enough. It's not his fault, just the way he is, super nice guy.

Jordan on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any learning disabilities, she choices to be a dumbass. She says dumbass things all the time, come on, my cousin knows how to read a freakin clock. Being dumb for the sake of being dumb is one thing. Spend the money on an education over bigger boobs. She could use that more.

i dont know. i guess that's where we'll disagree. saying dumb things imo does not make someone dumb. i say dumb things all the time, and while you can argue if im dumb or not lol i do have an education. she definitely should have chosen the education over a boob job, i agree. but that still doesn't make someone dumb. i live in a city where tons of women get boob jobs and i could find so many more useful things to buy but again, i wouldn't call them dumb. i just think her accent and the things she says have made so many people stereotype her as dumb. and imo, being dumb shouldn't be an insult. (just like weight, where this thread began) :)

Jordan can't understand how people get big when she's been gaining weight since she moved in. Jordan eats a lot and has food on her mind all the time and talks about it all the time. You can see Jordan is someone who gains weight easily.

I like Jordan but feel a little bad for her she says some dumb things and seems to not know a lot of things most people should know. Then she also has that look like she is totally clueless like there is nothing where her brain should be. Looking at her you can tell before she speaks that she's not the sharpest crayon in the box. I think she's the type of person someone could take real advantage of.

I hope Michelle and Kevin align with Russell it's the best move they have to get them further in the game. Kevin has to see Natalie is using him and she called him out last night on some things he's done to her and that should be a signal to not trust her.

Okay I can agree with that. I wouldn't call, and I'd beat the shit out of anybody making fun of my cousin, I just think she is smarter than she is letting on. I also think she's letting Jeff take the fall and shes playing him like a fiddle. I'm from the south too (alabama and texas), where almost everybody speaks with that amazing accent lol, it does make people sound pretty dumb though :(

I agree with mega movie as far as Jordan letting Jeff take the fall. If she really hates Russell this much, why didn't she take him out last week? She wanted to make sure that blame for breaking the pact was Jeff in not her. I still think that this move will benefit Jordan more than Jeff.

I don't mean to change the subject on this but I have a question about J/J. My computer has been on the fritz the past couple weeks so I haven't been able to see the live feeds and yesterday I just got them back. Does Jordan ever make any moves toward Jeff? I mean, does she ever show him affection on her own or does she only reciprocate when HE tries to kiss her or anything in that manner? From day 1 I have been a huge J/J fan but I'm just getting a cold vibe from her lately and I can't figure out if it's just the way she is, or if she doesn't like Jeff as much as he likes her, or if maybe she is just using him to get as far as she can in the game and is humoring him?

I played a few clips back while they were sleeping this morning and I have to say I feel real bad for Russell. I really hope he doesn't wipe the jury house floor with Jeff's face next week though, because that would be a waste. Of the whole "other side," Russ seemed like he was the only decent one that could be reasoned with and had any bit of integrity.

Gnat's voice is really getting on my nerves and I caught Jordan stroking her hair a million times. Shoot me.

I think Jordan likes Jeff alot but:

He is 31, she is 22 and she made the comment that she may not be at the same place in life that he is. (Smart thinking really)

They are on cameras constantly and I believe she is a bit reserved with affection for that reason.

It is hard to be romantic in this situation when people are always interupting.

And he lives in IL and she in SC. She is keeping it real.

Maybe she is not the smartest when it comes to this game but she has kept the reality of this relationship real.

She just may be using Jeff. She hasn't done anything to further herself in the game really, it has been on the shoulder of Jeff. Nat was forced to play when Jess left, otherwise she would still be on his back.

When people walk through that BB door, the check their integrity at the desk. We all know how things can get lost on a desk.

Archived