Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor: Samoa

Wasn't he and the other Galu men gunning for her?

yes and no

brett supposed really wasnt :

So you knew John was the person who flipped, even before last night?

LAURA : Yeah. I knew John was coming after me, even back when Russell Swan was in the game. What people don't know is that Brett and I have a really tight alliance. I knew his family from my church, so Brett and I are tight. So the Galu foursome we're talking about [Ed's note: The four men], Brett would tell me what was going on, so I knew that John was really threatened by me and Monica's alliance, he wanted me out. It was win-win in John's eyes because he's finally getting me out but he's not spearheading the "Let's get Laura out" movement.

yeahhhhhhhh

Survivor 20: All-Stars [CBS, presumably February, Thursdays at 8]

Thank you Realityblurred for the info!!!!!

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Survivor: Samoa's' John Fincher on Russell: 'Doing business with the Devil'

By Andrea Reiher

December 4, 2009 11:31 AM

John Fincher was the 12th person to leave "Survivor: Samoa." He told us he wishes he could've been in Russell's tribe from the start because that would've been, "Katie, bar the door!"

What were you up to before Survivor?

Without mentioning too much about my company, I work for a big aerospace and defense company. I do satellite engineering work. We're a major payload provider for high frequency communication satellites and high-accuracy earth-sensing instruments.

Are you still doing that?

Yes, I am. Still with the same company. Lots of people are trying to get a hold of me now, though, as you might imagine.

So let's talk about last night's episode. It would appear that the vote was a complete surprise to you.

Yeah, I mean there's certainly a level of surprise, but going into it, you start to do numbers in your head and you're like,"Why do I all of a sudden not know exactly what's going to happen?" The answer is either option 1) I'm going home or option 2) there's about to be a hit executed on someone that I could've protected or would've tried to defend against. When they're going to vote of for someone you like, they're not going to tell you so there was a certain level of surprise.

Did you at all suspect Russell was actually trying to get you out, specifically, or did you just know that something might be up?

With Russell, you're doing business with the devil and unfortunately for me, my position was that I was best suited to have a dialogue with Russel. When you saw me and Russell having that conversation on the rocks and I'm like, "Hey buddy, it's me and you all the way" and he tells me, "Yeah, whatever you want to do" and we're both sitting there lying to each other's faces. It's a total dialogue of untruths. We were both going, "Man, I wish I would've been on this guy's team but unfortunately I have to axe him." It's a very civil conversation but you both know you're trying to kill each other.

What do you think of Russell? He's obviously one of the bigger personalities this season.

I think he's the biggest personality maybe ever. I'm mad he got cast on the same season as me. [laughs] I think he's the greatest Survivor to ever play the game and if he wasn't cast on my season, I could've done a lot more. Kudos to him for maintaining control and doing what he was doing. I wish I would've thought to burn socks on my team, I love that move. If Russell and I were put on the same team initially, it would've been "Katie, bar the door!" It would've been even crazier. Russell is the greatest there ever was in this game.

Are there any things you've been surprised by, watching the episodes on TV?

Yeah, I mean, my strategy going in was that I am smart enough and analytic enough to process information and make correct decisions and I could do that better than most, if not all, of the poeple out there, so as far as things happening, I wasn't surprised by as much as I think a lot of other people were or are.

Who do you think is playing the best game at this point in the show?

Russell.

Is there anybody besides Russell or is he just the complete puppetmaster?

There are some people who have potential to do some things, but are they going to do it? Dave Ball is a smart, smart person but does he have what it takes to execute a strategy? I think Brett is very likeable for a lot of people, but I think he's a bit young and a bit too naive to be a power player. Mick is obviously very smart and someone who can do a lot of good things. Monica is very weak. I think she made a bad decision to go with Brett and Dave over me. Jaison is a strong player, Dave has the potential to be a strong player, but he's drowning. He's just trying to stay afloat. But they are all overshadowed by Russell.

What about Shambo? I notice she didn't come up in your last answer.

Shambo is very impactful this season. She's a very unique character. She wears a bandanna around her head in real life. Shambo's a nice person but it's hard to work with her over the long run. It's really a behavioral pattern with her to let her emotions impact her decision making, which I disagree with. I try to be as ice cold as possible out there.

She's a nice person who was unfortunately a bit ostracized. When Russell Swan sent her over to Foa Foa twice, that was a bad move. When Laura was sort-of maliciously attacking her and trying to make her an outcast, I think that was an incorrect move. Shambo might not be able to articulate exactly how Laura was doing that to her because it was very subtle, but it was certainly happening. There was a lot of malice involved. Shambo's a good person and she got ostracized and Russell and Foa Foa recognized that and took advantage.

Do you have any final thoughts you'd like to share?

Just that it was a fun, great experience.

Vurry interesting. For a variety of reasons, none of which have to do with the fact that he is a gorgeous physical specimen, seriously; I believe John Fincher and his assessment of each of the players. He is not bitter and I am glad for that, as well. Interesting, his take on Shambo. He blames Laura and I am glad to see that. I want to like Shambo. Dunno why. His take on Dave is really interesting. Brett; right-on, I think; and for John to say that Russell might be tops ever - not quoting here - is interesting, indeed. I liked John. Could the secret to the whole thing be that they all LIKE Russell?

Thanks, Dade.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUT TAKE

Survivor's Dave Reveals How to Go Out "Like a Man"

Dec 11, 2009 05:00 PM ET by Kate Stanhope

At least he saw it coming. After weeks of betrayals and blindsides on Survivor: Samoa, Dave Ball knew early on in last night's episode that his name was being thrown around the campfire (mostly thanks to the Shambo's vision of sending Dave home). However, "Dangerous Dave" had one more trick up his sleeve, in hopes of convincing Jaison to flip against Russell and the rest of Foa Foa. In the end, Jaison didn't flip, Shambo got her way and Dave went home, as he puts it, "like a man." Dave talked with TVGuide.com about trying to flip Jaison, who he regrets not voting off sooner and which of his competitors he think is "unstable, crazy and stupid." Don't forget to check back Monday to read our chat with last night's second eliminated player, Monica Padilla.

TVGuide.com: What were your thoughts going into tribal council?

Dave Ball: My thoughts were pretty simple, like "Alright, I'm going home."

TVGuide.com: Were you pretty worried your name was on the chopping block from the minute you didn't win immunity?

Dave: Once I didn't get immunity, it was like, alright, time to start playing the game again and try to start getting Mick and Jaison to flip. It wasn't until later that they came to me and said, "It's you tonight, man." So I said, "Well, if it's me, I'm not going to go out like a little cry baby. I'm going to go out like a man."

TVGuide.com: Did you have any hope Jaison would flip? John had also mentioned last week that he almost got Jaison to flip, so why was Jaison the person who seemed most likely to switch?

Dave: Yes, because Jaison spent $500 on an advantage [in last week's auction] and that would seem to indicate that he feels weak in their tribe. If he felt he was solid, he wouldn't have spent his money on it. Unless he was an idiot who has never seen the show before and didn't know how to play the game, which actually is also the case. We figured Jaison was the low man on the pole so we figured he was the one we could get to flip. We offered final three, me, Jaison and Brett. We thought he would take it too. I told him, "Against Russell, you're never going to win." Those guys [Mick and Jaison] were not playing to win.

TVGuide.com Why do you think he decided not to flip?

Dave: At the time, I thought it was a combination of cowardice and laziness.

TVGuide.com: Jaison has gotten a lot of flack this season for his laziness.

Dave: Well he spent a vast majority of his time sleeping on the beach. Literally, 85 percent of his waking hours were spent on the beach and the other 15 percent was spent eating our food.

TVGuide.com: Did you have any hope Russell was actually going to vote Shambo out like he said he would?

Dave: If you go back and look, the look on my face was pretty incredulous. I was like, "Yeah, right, Russell. I believe whatever you're saying." It wasn't my plan but I figured I would go with it. I was cognizant I was the one going home. I am actively dangerous while she is only schizophrenically dangerous. Like Mick said, they went against Foa Foa once and Shambo is unstable, crazy and stupid, so going against her twice would be detrimental.

TVGuide.com: Why do you think Shambo was gunning for you to leave over Brett or Monica?

Dave: She dislikes me more than them. She voted strictly with ego and personal preference as opposed to strategically or with any sense of playing the game. She was never playing the game. She was always playing to hurt who she hated.

TVGuide.com: Is there anything you would have done differently, looking back?

Dave: Two things I wouldn't have done. I wouldn't have voted off Eric and would have picked off Foa Foa's weakest first rather than gunning for Russell straightaway. There's no way he was going to give Mick a hidden immunity idol. So if we had just targeted Mick or Jaison and burned away the candle from the skinny end rather than the strong end... I wouldn't have voted off Eric but his problem was that he was listening to John strategy-wise and John didn't know how to play the game at all. He was running around like a maniac a third of the game, "Monica's after me, Monica's after me." That's like butterflies coming after you, she's harmless.

Who do you think will win Survivor?

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

S funny I thought the same thing about Russell.

I guess I am finally thinking that Russell reminds me of Johnny Fairplay. That is one player that I sure would not comapred too.

GO MICK!

Bitter much, Dave?

Dave is brimming with definite opinions these days. None flattering to them or him. Interesting.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Monica says

Very nice article. :)

She wears the "bitch" title like a badge of honor. Bitch is the female version of being a jerk. If she thinks being a jerk is something to be proud of, then she's missing a few screws in my opinion.

I think Monica is a bitch too - thought so from the beginning, and I don't mean it as a badge of honor or respect. I think she is snotty and self centered, and probably looks down on people she thinks are "beneath her". All just my opinion of course.

most people call a woman who,,,,has the nerve to have an opinion to stand up for herself and not take any crap off people a bitch,,,,then yes it IS a badge of honor a jerk is a jerk male or female totally different to me anyway

I have to agree... If it's meant in that vein then, yes every woman should consider it a badge of honor...

I know a lot of women who our strong and stand up for themselves, my wife for one, and they are not bitches. I also know women who can't handle being put in charge or having any kind of power, or lash out at every man just because... bitches they be.

So we're calling someone who wanted to stay in this game and stir up some trouble, a bitch now?

So we're calling someone who wanted to stay in this game and stir up some trouble, a bitch now?

I didn't call her a bitch. Russell did, then she took it as a compliment. I consider being called that name an insult. Obviously you do too.

I didn't see that much of Monica so I dunno enough about her to have an opinion. Being called a bitch is an insult; to me, anyway. Being able to call Monica a bitch and not suffer any consequence is the price Monica pays for putting herself on a reality tv show in the first place (that is my opinion only) - IF Monica cares (and she might not care) what people she'll likely never meet think of her. I guess what I really don't like about the word is that it is relevant to women only and the male counterpart is never as insulting, nor used so freely. Perhaps women need to be kinder to each other. Or something.

Survivor Samoa Sets Up The Finale With A Surprising Elimination

December 17, 2009 07:25:44 by DA Southern

Survivor Samoa

Survivor: Samoa - A Winner Is Crowned

December 20, 2009 08:46:14 by DA Southern

Survivor: Samoa ends as it began; with a bang as the fireworks will be flying as Russell and crew look to weed out one another on their march to one million coconuts. The real question is can Russell hold his ego in check and play as intelligent game as he has played all season. Love him or hate Russell, he has been the reason that this installment of Survivor has ranked up there with the best of the bunch.

Three Tribal Councils will get us there and there will definitely be surprises along the way but the key to victory at this point is definitely immunity in any way a survivor has it. Brett knows that feeling as he skirted the wrath of Jaison and Russell in the previous episode when he won immunity as we got a quick recap of how the final five got in the driver